Tuck compared to Draymond Green, really? | The Boneyard

Tuck compared to Draymond Green, really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Doris said Geno calls her that... after all that talk about comparisons to the men?

I would actually compare Morgan to Texas asst coach Tina Thompson.

there are legends on the womens side too... that Syracuse girl (forgot her name, but you know who Im talking about) reminds me of DT

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Doris said Geno calls her that... after all that talk about comparisons to the men?

there are legends on the womens side too... that Syracuse girl (forgot her name, but you know who Im talking about) reminds me of DT
Unfortunately the attention span of the audience will not allow most/many to recall how good Tina Thompson was so that comparison would have been lost.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately the attention span of the audience will not allow most/many to recall how good Tina Thompson was so that comparison would have been lost.
The comparison was made by Geno, for Morgan and the team's benefit. The audience is not relevant in that context.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Geno knows his players better than anyone and he likely made that comparison for a reason.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Morgan is solid but not flashy, plays smart, and fills the stat sheet. Sounds like Draymond to me.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I like a Kelly Faris comparison to DG more than any other WBB player, actually. But I don't think Morgan is a bad comparison, and if you're comparing anyone to Draymond (or Morgan, for that matter), it's a nice compliment.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
So Geno isn't always right during his pressers... btw people still talk about Russell from 40yrs ago but not Tina from 10yrs ago.
How do people know Draymond Green if they can't stand to watch the showboating NBA smh

Reaction Score
did I see that Morgan was voted an AA by the John R. Wooden people, so does that put her on the Wall? or is that not a qualifying AA team.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
did I see that Morgan was voted an AA by the John R. Wooden people, so does that put her on the Wall? or is that not a qualifying AA team.
welcome to the board Shea

Reaction Score

He and CD also compared Stewart to Nowitzki and Durant.

That sort of thing is different from what he was complaining about though. Geno is against people saying stuff like "Yeah, but Durant or even high school boys could destroy any female BB player." He was never against saying stuff like "She's the Kevin Durant [of women's basketball]."

The first one is an absolute comparison, in which case of course the men beat the women. Absolute comparisons are also used to say stuff like "Yeah, but an NBA team could destroy any men's college team," which is equally pointless and silly to say. The other one is a relative comparison, which can convey information when used correctly.

Still, if you'd prefer that he make more comparisons to other female athletes, I encourage you to convince some Horde reporter to confront him about it during a presser. I wouldn't mind hearing his answer to that. :)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Had to look Draymond Green up since I don't watch any NBA to speak of.

Reaction Score
Draymond Green is the 2nd most important player for GS, even moreso than Klay Thompson IMO. He usually guards the opponents best player (guards 2-4, but can guard 1's when they switch effectively), leads the team in assists, great shooting percentage, etc. Definitely NOT an insult.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Draymond Green is the 2nd most important player for GS, even moreso than Klay Thompson IMO. He usually guards the opponents best player (guards 2-4, but can guard 1's when they switch effectively), leads the team in assists, great shooting percentage, etc. Definitely NOT an insult.
the triple double king

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc