True Detective | Page 2 | The Boneyard

True Detective

Reaction Score
Watched the first 2 episodes this weekend and can't wait to see the 3rd tonite. Love everything about it. Acting is top notch. was never a big fan of MM but he's great in this. As is Woody. Looking forward to seeing more of Alexandra too. Thanks for turning me on to this meyers7.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Good god, the last five minutes....

"...there's a monster at the end of it."
So far at the end of each of the 3 episodes, by wife has looked over at me with a "holy " look.

Two weeks away though. :( I read in one of the review/previews that episode 4 was really, really good. :)

Reaction Score
Acting is top notch. was never a big fan of MM but he's great in this.

I wasn't either. But he matured, a switch flipped, or something, and he's acting on a whole new level. Has a real shot at an Oscar this year.

Reaction Score
I like it. So far the set up has been top notch suspense and mystery. I'm a bit worried the chase and resolution might not live up to my now raised expectations but i guess we'll see.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The show just gets better and better, the last 2 episodes have been incredible.tonight was just wow.
Agree. Didn't get a chance to watch it until tonight. Really good episode.

I had a real weird idea tonight though. I am wondering if MM's character was actually, when the '95 investigation was going on, still working as an undercover drug agent??? Yea, that's a huge stretch. But would be a crazy twist.

Reaction Score
I am wondering if MM's character was actually, when the '95 investigation was going on, still working as an undercover drug agent??? Yea, that's a huge stretch. But would be a crazy twist.

how would that have anything to do with anything?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
how would that have anything to do with anything?
He set up the murder in order to investigate it, in order to use the LA CID to get to the drug/meth target Ledoux. Hence why the guys in 2012 are, or seem to be investigating Rust. They don't seem so interested in Ledoux (or even that Ledoux might have committed or had something to do with the 2012 murder), more how Rust was in pursuing Ledoux.

Or what ......even better, Rust never was a cop. They didn't really have any back ground on him coming from Texas. His "files" were sealed. (even in 2012). He was just out to get Ledoux because of some drug deal gone bad???? Or maybe he was a cop that got so far into the undercover, he just switched over (broke bad).

I don't think this is going to be a simple murder solving case. It has something to do with Rust and 2o12, not just the 1995 murder. It's gonna have some out of left field twist. I'm just trying to think of something that would be way out there.

Reaction Score
Or what .even better, Rust never was a cop. They didn't really have any back ground on him coming from Texas. His "files" were sealed. (even in 2012). He was just out to get Ledoux because of some drug deal gone bad???? Or maybe he was a cop that got so far into the undercover, he just switched over (broke bad).

He was definitely police in Texas. Among the Web site's "extras," there's a letter from the Texas AG clearing him to go back into active duty after being exonerated for use of excessive force and the shooting of "Tom White."

Rust's philosophy is to seek justice, but perhaps in his mind moral vs. legal justice. I've just watched the stash house riot once, but did he shoot the drug dealer they used to get into the house, just before he went out back with the biker in tow? And in any event, wouldn't he be an accessory to murder when another biker shot the guy in the front room?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
He was definitely police in Texas. Among the Web site's "extras," there's a letter from the Texas AG clearing him to go back into active duty after being exonerated for use of excessive force and the shooting of "Tom White."
Ok. I was just trying to think of something way out of the box. I just figure there is gonna be something in the end that blows our minds.

Rust's philosophy is to seek justice, but perhaps in his mind moral vs. legal justice. I've just watched the stash house riot once, but did he shoot the drug dealer they used to get into the house, just before he went out back with the biker in tow? And in any event, wouldn't he be an accessory to murder when another biker shot the guy in the front room?
Not sure, I'd have to watch it again.

That last 6 minute single shot was really cool though.

Reaction Score
I agree, Rust is trying to solve the case on his own I think. I imagine his storage unit has evidence he's found in it. Kind of wish there were 20 episodes left. Really enjoying this series.

Reaction Score
Agree guys……this was a series I was psyched about since we could have an answer in 8 episodes…….now I don't want one that soon!

Reaction Score
I haven't seen this weeks episode, but I'm guessing McBlueEyes isn't naked in it.....

Reaction Score
I haven't seen this weeks episode, but I'm guessing McBlueEyes isn't naked in it.....

Haven't seen those in a while……..only thing that has been discouraging!!

I'm guessing they passed your eye test for real one's huh Deep?

Game/Beers soon…...

Reaction Score
Haven't seen those in a while……..only thing that has been discouraging!!

I'm guessing they passed your eye test for real one's huh Deep?

Game/Beers soon…...

They are works of art. Big naturals!

Tourney time at Sams for sure...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Yes, this is taking us all over the place. Still not sure what the is going to be. Great show.

Reaction Score
I watch the episodes via on demand vs. live/recordings. The writer and director talk about the show after it's done and offer interesting background info. They said Rust went along with the interview to find what the two detectives had on the latest murder. Also - he asked for and drank the beer so anything he said wouldn't be admissible in court.

Reaction Score
Outstanding show. Mcconaghey has really impressed the hell out of me in this series. I'm used to him being Ben stillers lawyer in tropic thunder trying to get his client the TiVo on lo-ca-tion.
The six minute scene that ended the show two weeks ago was riveting stuff, all in one shot too.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I watch the episodes via on demand vs. live/recordings. The writer and director talk about the show after it's done and offer interesting background info. They said Rust went along with the interview to find what the two detectives had on the latest murder. Also - he asked for and drank the beer so anything he said wouldn't be admissible in court.
Yea saw that. Also like Marty's line about if the two detectives had interviewed Cohle, they hadn't been sizing him up, Rust had been sizing the detectives up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom