Trip down (UConn) memory lane | The Boneyard

Trip down (UConn) memory lane

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
As many of the other yarders have alluded to, I'm going through a serious case of UConn withdrawal. I started looking at some of my old game pix & found a few that brought that good old feeling back again :)

Classic Maya

20101221_O0J0129.jpg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
As many of the other yarders have alluded to, I'm going through a serious case of UConn withdrawal. I started looking at some of my old game pix & found a few that brought that good old feeling back again :)

Classic Maya

20101221_O0J0129.jpg
That looks like the 89th win in a row, in which Maya put up 41. That pic is a metaphor for Maya being on a different level than everyone else.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
That looks like the 89th win in a row, in which Maya put up 41. That pic is a metaphor for Maya being on a different level than everyone else.

good call! the 89th exactly

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
Is it my imagination or does Maya look like she's lost weight since her college days? She seems like she is in AMAZING shape in the recent photos I've seen.

Reaction Score
Is it my imagination or does Maya look like she's lost weight since her college days? She seems like she is in AMAZING shape in the recent photos I've seen.

Definitely not just you, they just had an article the other day about how she got into better shape this past off season.

Even though Minnesota's Maya Moore had won two titles in her three seasons in the WNBA, she still thought she needed more of a kick in the rump than a pat on the back.

That's how it is with great athletes, though. When they are not competing against someone else, they compete against themselves.

So Moore decided last year that by the time the 2014 WNBA season arrived, she would be lighter and leaner. She became as meticulous about her diet as she is about most everything else in her life. Sorry, cupcakes, you're just not going to see much of Maya anymore.

"I'm being a little more efficient with what I'm putting into my body," Moore said. "Eating more vegetables, drinking more water. I took away dairy, refined sugar -- eliminated that from my everyday diet. Being conscious of eating real food as opposed to what I call fake food."

http://espn.go.com/wnba/story/_/id/11263539/wnba-minnesota-lynx-maya-moore-unstoppable

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
To become the Invincible Queen, she had to give up red velvet cake, her fave. Yep, like Dee and others, Maya has gotten serious about nutrition.

Reaction Score
upload_2014-7-29_22-15-37.png

That was actually the NC game. She was noting her number AND the number of championships she had won.
Right it was 2003 NC game in Atlanta. It was immediately after the game, very first initial celebrating, about 1 second after the clock ran down. I thought she was showing the "UCONN", not the "3".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom