Trio of big AAC games today away from Storrs | The Boneyard

Trio of big AAC games today away from Storrs

Status
Not open for further replies.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
While UConn is having its Senior Day celebration with Memphis, three games that have big significance for other AAC teams Tournament placement or selection, as the quartet of teams with 6 conference losses are pitted against each other, with the teams that have any kind of Tourney shot playing on the road today.

USF at UCF pits the two FL schools against each other, so though USF (23-5, 14-2) is expected to win handily (20 point favorite) to keep its drive for a #5 or #6 seed alive, the action between the two state rivals could be testy.

Tulane at Tulsa has the visiting Green Wave (20-8, 11-6) finishing up their season seeking a road win that would give a little more strength to its tenous projection as a Tournament team, but the Golden Hurricane (15-12, 10-6) will not be an easy opponent at home with a 6-2 home AAC record through they are a 4 point underdog.

East Carolina at Temple features a Pirates team (19-8, 10-6) that is rated at #44 ahead of Tulane by Sagarin but behind them at #48 by Massey, so it may be the third best AAC team. Temple (14-15, 10-6) is 6-2 in AAC home games with losses only to UConn and USF, so the Pirates could have a tough time against the Owls even though they are 5 point favorites.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Would like to see all the favorites win as I like to see more then one AAC team make the tournament.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Big ouch for AAC team selection chances as both Tulane and East Carolina went down on road, and even USF is in a tough game at UCF. Well, a nice run in the NIT isn't the worst either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22
Top Bottom