Traveler's Championship | The Boneyard

Traveler's Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Good to see the course toughening up and and not seeing seeing all the players shloting 61 every day.

I'm definitely pulling for Bubba tomorrow. He's got a mixed reputation, but I know he's donated a bunch of time and money to help junior golf, public golf and the military. That's good enough for me.

Also nice to see Rose, Simpson, Braddely, Bubba,Vijay and Harrington as major champs in the field.

Course looks great on TV.

It's amazing how easy easy they they make 17 look. Driving area is literally a sliver with water right and hills and rough right.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Needs a tougher course still. If only the Robert Trent Jones course at Lyman's was considered. If they slim the fairways and grow the rough, that would be very tough.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Needs a tougher course still. If only the Robert Trent Jones course at Lyman's was considered. If they slim the fairways and grow the rough, that would be very tough.

There's a few holes they can move the tees back 5-10 yards and offset the tee box to change the angles. I would like to see another bunker on 18's right side and one or two on the left by the cart path. Right now they're hitting 320-360 off the tee without any fear. Make it morea risk/reward for hitting past 310.

Leaders at -10 is well within tour norms. The allure for many players is the ease of the course right after the US Open.

Reaction Score

My understanding is they looked at the Jones course back when they were selecting.........the issues were gallery space and at the time the back 9 was impossible to keep dry with rain because of it's low lying terrain with all the water.........to this day that portion of the course as well as the Player holes in the area are a mess after some good rain...........

Reaction Score
River Highlands is a difficult course especially with the Sunday pin placements. The only course in the Hartford area that I know of that is more difficult is Gillette Ridge but from what I hear that course is a mess.It is more a case of these guys being very good.

Reaction Score
River Highlands is a difficult course especially with the Sunday pin placements. The only course in the Hartford area that I know of that is more difficult is Gillette Ridge but from what I hear that course is a mess.It is more a case of these guys being very good.

The difference in the 2 is also night and day.......TPC is a golf course while Gillette is gimmicky at best.......Edgewood turned out to be a very good choice.......sitting with 18 guys between -7 and -10 isn't exactly ripping it up considering the leaders were at -8 and -9 three days ago! Should be a good Sunday in Cromwell.......Justin Rose may sneak in for 2 in a row.......

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I was watching the tourney last night on the Golf Channel. The course did look great. Watson stumbled home and now we have a race. Really wish I could go but have to endure a gruelingly boring birthday bash for a drunk and his psycho wife.

Reaction Score
It's far from hard, it's only a par 70, so that removes 2 par 5s.

The tournament used to be interesting, unless some one hands me a couple free tent tickets I wouldn't give a quarter to that place or the Jaycees.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

The tournament used to be interesting, unless some one hands me a couple free tent tickets I wouldn't give a quarter to that place or the Jaycees.

Is there anything that you don't hate?

Reaction Score

Bet you rip it up!!

Reaction Score

I'm guessing that you don't play golf. By removing 2 par 5s the course is more difficult. PGA touring pros look to make birdie or eagle on most par 5s. Even amateurs look forward to par 5s, I know I do.
It looks like about -11 may win the Travelers this year and that is respectable for any course on tour. In case you haven't noticed , these guys are really good.

Reaction Score
As the guys were teeing off on the sudden death 18th hole some guys were yelling UConn and Huskies, gotta love it!

Reaction Score
I was a standard bearer there as a kid and the tourney always brings back great memories. I thought today was extremely entertaining, even if it didn't have the sentimental value that it does to me. Some amazing shots in the end and the announcers were very into it. Too bad Bubba wasn't in the mix. Switching 16 years ago was probably the right decision.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I was a standard bearer there as a kid and the tourney always brings back great memories. I thought today was extremely entertaining, even if it didn't have the sentimental value that it does to me. Some amazing shots in the end and the announcers were very into it. Too bad Bubba wasn't in the mix. Switching 16 years ago was probably the right decision.

That absolutely came through during the broadcast. The final four holes are great because the players can see the action in front of them and behind them. They get a live time feedback from the crowd on good or bad shots by their opponents.

The course showed it can hold up very well if it's dry and there's anything more than a breeze.

Bubba was tied for the lead going in to 16 when he tried to hit a low draw 9-iron 165 yards and then run it up to the pin. A flyer shot off the drop over the green. A bad chip and a two putt later and he put a 6 up on a par 3.

Reaction Score
That absolutely came through during the broadcast. The final four holes are great because the players can see the action in front of them and behind them. They get a live time feedback from the crowd on good or bad shots by their opponents.

The course showed it can hold up very well if it's dry and there's anything more than a breeze.

Bubba was tied for the lead going in to 16 when he tried to hit a low draw 9-iron 165 yards and then run it up to the pin. A flyer shot off the drop over the green. A bad chip and a two putt later and he put a 6 up on a par 3.

Stroud couldn't get it to spin on the green on two of his 90 yarders coming home on 18.........the course suddenly got hard and more difficult. The 2 real good scores came early as expected from Cabrera and Ricky.........

Good for Kenny Duke. Happy for the man - for the tourney though a Fowler, Rose, Mahan or Bubba winner would be better for marketing!!

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
I was watching the tourney last night on the Golf Channel. The course did look great. Watson stumbled home and now we have a race. Really wish I could go but have to endure a gruelingly boring birthday bash for a drunk and his psycho wife.
Happy belated birthday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc