Transfer thread | Page 22 | The Boneyard

Transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
yes, unless she finds another school
Since you seem to know about these rules, will individuals like Lindsey Corsaro and Mi'Cole Cayton have to sit out a year as well? (Does it depend on if they signed their LOI? Thank you!

Reaction Score
Since you seem to know about these rules, will individuals like Lindsey Corsaro and Mi'Cole Cayton have to sit out a year as well? (Does it depend on if they signed their LOI? Thank you!

I do not believe they will sit out.
1) they never enrolled at the original school, so there's no academic transfer
2) the original school released each from her LOI - had that not happened the players would've been bound to the original school for 2016-17

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I do not believe they will sit out.
1) they never enrolled at the original school, so there's no academic transfer
2) the original school released each from her LOI - had that not happened the players would've been bound to the original school for 2016-17

Okay. Thank you for your reply. I had been thinking back to Kiki Alofaituli, who had committed and signed to ASU but then Charli Turner-Thorne announced her year off she wanted to transfer but ASU denied her transfer so she had to miss her freshmen season at USC.

Reaction Score
Don't knoW if this has been posted, but Mikala Venson (ex-starting PG for UVA) has announced she's going to Georgetown

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Cal Gabby Green to Loyola Marymount
Great young talent whose potential has clearly yet to be realized. She has all the tools and needs a place that will coach her well and push her. She also needs a high level of competition at practice daily and during games. Don't know if she'll receive any of that at LM. I can only wish her well.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Rutgers adds 8 for 2016-17

2 freshman
2 Juco
4 transfers

Women's Basketball Announces Newcomers
Thanks for passing along. One or two of those will have sit out a year, including Ciani Cryor, a point guard from Philly who was at Georgia Tech last year. She played very well against Notre Dame and she is very much a Stringer-type of guard. Of the two incoming frosh, I saw Jordan Wallace, the 6'3" post, in the NJ Playoffs and she's tough and lively in the paint. Good get.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Sixty thousand looks. Nan, I think you've started something.

Reaction Score
She was her team's go to player this year. She shouldered a much larger load this year and stepped up in big games. She was much tougher on the block, much more physical and took over some big games. She asserted herself defensively as well, and her numbers were up across the board. She was a consensus 1st team All-American and arguably the top non-UCONN POY candidate. Next year she appears to be the early favorite for POY alongside Kelsey Mitchell.

I don't think she has potential to be a Stewart/Moore/Griner/Parker esque forward or center because there isn't anything about her that is insanely unique or gifted, but I could see her playing in 3 Final Fours, becoming a National POY, and 3x First Team All American, being the 2018 #1 WNBA draft pick and winning gold medals in the Olympics down the road.
If Azura Stevens Leaves Uconn after 1 year playing.IMO she will be the No.1 pick in the draft in 2018.

Reaction Score
If Azura Stevens Leaves Uconn after 1 year playing.IMO she will be the No.1 pick in the draft in 2018.
I don't think so. A'ja Wilson will be the No. 1 pick that year. Has anyone ever thought about how deep that draft class could potentially be? Wilson, Turner, Mitchell, Canada, Nurse, etc. Plus all of the 2013 transfers that could play until 2018. Russell, Deshields, Gray, Mavunga, Davis, Harper, Brown. It could be a really deep class if even some of the transfers decide to stay their 5th year. (I can't see Deshields and Russell staying.)

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I don't think so. A'ja Wilson will be the No. 1 pick that year. Has anyone ever thought about how deep that draft class could potentially be? Wilson, Turner, Mitchell, Canada, Nurse, etc. Plus all of the 2013 transfers that could play until 2018. Russell, Deshields, Gray, Mavunga, Davis, Harper, Brown. It could be a really deep class if even some of the transfers decide to stay their 5th year. (I can't see Deshields and Russell staying.)

I agree, that's going to be a deep class regardless. The WNBA is getting a pretty nice talent infusion from the 2013, 2014 and 2015 recruiting classes.. but especially the 2014 class.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

I made a thread last summer about the possibility of 2018 being the deepest WNBA draft ever...... I do hope all the redshirts/transfers stay for their 5th season....... though that is probably wishful thinking on my part.

Deepest draft ever ?

Aja Wilson, Briana Turner, Azura Stevens, Alexa Hart, Mariya Moore, Atkins (Texas), Shayakla Thomas (FSU), Rebecca Greenwell, Kelsey Mitchell, Victoria Vivians, Mercedes Russell, Kia Nurse, Jordin Canada, Cowling (Cal) .plus a few others that I have overlooked. Plus if Kaela Davis, Diamond Deshields, and Lexie Brown use up all of their college eligibility they will be in the 2018 draft as well.

Alot can change in 3 years..... but thats a STRONG looking draft.

Yes I know.... its gonna be a long summer :p

Reaction Score
AS already has a better all around game than Wilson.She can take you off the dribble,hit the mid-range shot also 3s,a good passer and rebounds the ball well.AW still doesnt hit the elbow jumper consistently.Stevens with 2 years coached by the best in the country will put her in that position.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
AS already has a better all around game than Wilson.She can take you off the dribble,hit the mid-range shot also 3s,a good passer and rebounds the ball well.AW still doesnt hit the elbow jumper consistently.Stevens with 2 years coached by the best in the country will put her in that position.
Wilson closed the gap on Stevens last year, if there was a gap to begin with, by becoming a significantly better defender. Turner, if healthy, may be better than either. This might come down to team needs: If you need a wing type forward take Stevens, agile power forward take turner. If you need a Center then take Wilson-I am not sure who is going to break that news to Wilson though.

Reaction Score
Just MO, but I see more of a Pro game coming from Azura Stevens than A'ja Wilson!
I agree with cbraarj, above about AS ahead of AW!
AS seems to be able to play a Stewie style game, inside, outside, capable of a 3 or a layup! Defending the post to covering the outside shooters. AW is very beatable on the outside as opponent's can drive by her to the basket! AS can cover ground and block a shot!
AW is an inside 12' type of player, even tho SHE feels she's a SG/SF/PF I do not see an outside game of any merit from her!
AW seems to me a "high maintenance" type of player. AS more of a team oriented player! AW still insists she's a perimeter style Big Girl. At 6'5" she's plays more of a Center style game. She reminds me of Iciss Tillis who at 6'6" refused to be a Center at Duke and preferred to bring her game outside! But when she got to the WNBA she had to go inside and was not happy!
Personally I'm glad A'ja Wilson went to SoCar over UCONN!
Stewie, EDD & Azura Stevens will have the same style of play by the time AS graduates from UCONN!
Geno made some comment around Stewie's sophomore year that HIS style of player didn't need an ESPN press conference to announce where they were going to College, a hood of the car was good enough to sign the letter of intent!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Wilson closed the gap on Stevens last year, if there was a gap to begin with, by becoming a significantly better defender. Turner, if healthy, may be better than either. This might come down to team needs: If you need a wing type forward take Stevens, agile power forward take turner. If you need a Center then take Wilson-I am not sure who is going to break that news to Wilson though.
It is hard to believe that YOU believe Turner is any where near as talented as Stevens or has any where near the potential Stevens has. Turner is good but she can't impact a team or game the way Stevens can, imo. Not against the elite teams.

Reaction Score
It is hard to believe that YOU believe Turner is any where near as talented as Stevens or has any where near the potential Stevens has. Turner is good but she can't impact a team or game the way Stevens can, imo. Not against the elite teams.
In the ND vs Duke games this year Stevens scored more points than Turner both games, but when they went one on one in the post Turner blocked most of her shots. If Turner was healthy I think she would have put on a better offensive display this season. Turner's play is a big reason why they won games against ranked teams so I don't understand that point.

Reaction Score
In the ND vs Duke games this year Stevens scored more points than Turner both games, but when they went one on one in the post Turner blocked most of her shots. If Turner was healthy I think she would have put on a better offensive display this season. Turner's play is a big reason why they won games against ranked teams so I don't understand that point.

Reypl21- - - Turner in no way has the complete game that A. Stevens has and will grow under the best coaching staff in WBB! Turner is a great defensive player who is limited around the basket to about 12'.
Even with her bum shoulder she exhibited no moves that would show a varied offensive game! Her normal ways to score is off an offensive rebound or a 8' to 12' jump shot or short hook. She has never, so far at ND, taken her offense toward the 3 point line to score a 3 or a deep 2!
That's why I still feel the way to beat ND is with your big people. Their G's are their power and the last 3 years their big girls have been limited to 1 maybe 2 talented big girls.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I do believe it and Turner has proven it. Against what elite team did Turner fail to impact a game? Before you answer remember that Turner is UNDEFEATED (5 & 0) against Wilson and Stevens. If you look at both sides of ball in those 5 matchups points are close among the three, but Turner's has better rebounding numbers and superior shot blocking numbers.

Reaction Score
th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member