• Chanette Hicks, VaTech (1 yr remaining) [#54]
  • Jordan Hosey, Texas (1) [#16]
  • Amber Ramirez, TCU (2) [#12] ARKANSAS
  • Chyna Nixon, Ole Miss (3) [#72]
  • Kierra Collier, Wash (3) [#100+]

WestCoastPup

Eclipse
Reaction Score
I'm surprised the NCAA allows for official visits two semesters prior to actually earning a degree.

One thought: 4 classes is actually one semester, she just needs two summer sessions to complete all 4... thus she would technically be only one (or less than one) away from graduation.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Interesting development for Arkansas. Seems like Neighbors is quickly improving the talent level. Mystifying to me why he did such a bad job of recruiting at UW after Plum and Osahor were in the fold. And his former lead assistant Barnes is killing it at Arizona. I can't understand why Seattle is such a hard sell for recruiting. Not an obstacle for football, men's hoops, volleyball, softball, etc.
Seattle is a great city to get a cup of coffee in, but with an average of 150 rainy days per year, it can be a little depressing.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
One thought: 4 classes is actually one semester, she just needs two summer sessions to complete all 4... thus she would technically be only one (or less than one) away from graduation.
The A&M threads I read on their board had some suggesting she still needed 18 hours to complete her undergraduate degree; so that is 6 three-hour classes. But, I'm guessing some online classes could be an option, too. Again, that is just rumors on their boards.

Reaction Score
Seattle is a great city to get a cup of coffee in, but with an average of 150 rainy days per year, it can be a little depressing.
I'm not buying it. Seattle is a great city. My sister lives there, so every time I go there to visit, or go there for business - whatever, it's always sunny (except the one time we got snowed in over New Years. 8" of snow and it took 3 days for them to dig out. They are unprepared for such things, being a sunny climate and all.).

I've gotten sunburned in Seattle more than once. I usually get this, "Geez, this is the first time we've been able to see Mt. Rainier in two years" line. Right. I hear there's a Starbucks on all four corners of some intersections because you need a cup of coffee to keep your hands warm. Not buying it. Chamber of Commerce propaganda.

Where's the fog? Where's the rain?
101811400-186607494.1910x1000.jpg

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I'm not buying it. Seattle is a great city. My sister lives there, so every time I go there to visit, or go there for business - whatever, it's always sunny (except the one time we got snowed in over New Years. 8" of snow and it took 3 days for them to dig out. They are unprepared for such things, being a sunny climate and all.).

I've gotten sunburned in Seattle more than once. I usually get this, "Geez, this is the first time we've been able to see Mt. Rainier in two years" line. Right. I hear there's a Starbucks on all four corners of some intersections because you need a cup of coffee to keep your hands warm. Not buying it. Chamber of Commerce propaganda.

Not my experience in Seattle, but hey, maybe that’s just me. You’re probably the kind of guy that brings sunshine with you wherever you go. ;)

Reaction Score

from wikipedia:

The Seattle area is the most cloudy region of the United States, due in part to frequent storms and lows moving in from the adjacent Pacific Ocean. Despite having a reputation for frequent rain, Seattle receives less precipitation than many other U.S. cities like Chicago or New York City. However, unlike many other U.S. cities, Seattle has many more "rain days", when a very light drizzle falls from the sky for many days.[88] In an average year, at least 0.01 inches (0.25 mm) of precipitation falls on 150 days, more than nearly all U.S. cities east of the Rocky Mountains.[89] It is cloudy 201 days out of the year and partly cloudy 93 days.[71]

Reaction Score
from wikipedia:

The Seattle area is the most cloudy region of the United States, due in part to frequent storms and lows moving in from the adjacent Pacific Ocean. Despite having a reputation for frequent rain, Seattle receives less precipitation than many other U.S. cities like Chicago or New York City. However, unlike many other U.S. cities, Seattle has many more "rain days", when a very light drizzle falls from the sky for many days.[88] In an average year, at least 0.01 inches (0.25 mm) of precipitation falls on 150 days, more than nearly all U.S. cities east of the Rocky Mountains.[89] It is cloudy 201 days out of the year and partly cloudy 93 days.[71]
Fake news

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Oh man, that "it rains every day in Seattle" thing is so over done. Wait, yes it does. You don't want to move there, tell everybody you know.

Reaction Score
Notable transferring players that haven't announced a destination yet:
  • Sierra Calhoun, Ohio St (GS) [#16 hoopgurlz rank in HS]
  • Recee Caldwell, Tex Tech (GS) [#19] CAL
  • Anriel Howard, TAMU (GS) [#100]

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Notable transferring players that haven't announced a destination yet:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Interesting. For some reason I thought K. Collier was from California, but I was wrong about that. Drake is closer to home. Looks like they've had a nice run the last 2 years--54-13 overall, 36-0 in conference, first round loss in NCAA Tourney both years.

Reaction Score
Notable transferring players that have yet to announce a destination:
  • Kierra Collier, Wash (3) [#100+] DRAKE

Reaction Score
Another name I haven't heard anything about is Eternati Willock. She was kicked off Kansas States team last year. Troubled but Uber talented. I think she was #59 on Hoopgurlz.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score

You've either been extremely lucky or you've only been there in June, July or August. I lived in the Seattle area for nearly 6 years and the weather is generally pretty consistent. Early June can be touch and go, but most of the month is nice. July and August are beautiful. September can be like June, some good, some bad. The rest of the year is rainy, drizzly and cloudy. There are some exceptions because there are a few micro climates in the northwest. For example, east of Seattle towards the mountains, towns like Monroe, Duvall, Sammamish, etc. lie in what's known as the "Convergence Zone", where storms back up against the Wenatchee Mountains and can sit for days on end. That area gets 55+ inches of rain/year. Port Townsend, northwest of Seattle, gets <30 inches/year.
We lived in Monroe, which averages 58 inches/year. The first winter there we experienced measurable rainfall for 51 straight days. We thought it was an anomaly. It wasn't.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Sierra Calhoun landed at Rutgers.

As time went on, I thought it would come down to St. John's or Rutgers. Coach Viv has been relying on transfers quite a bit recently and this looks very quid pro quo.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom