Transfer Rankings - The Athletic | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Transfer Rankings - The Athletic

Reaction Score
Just a general observation. Many have commented on the desirability of obtaining one-year only transfers. Looking at the roster, there is no junior class; Ice and Ayanna are for all intents and purposes sophomores. That could be devastating for recruiting the 26-27 class. It might be prudent to get some juniors on the roster, particularly since there are so many great players from that class currently in the portal.

Reaction Score
How many time transfers Saylor Poffenbarger has so far? I hope this time it is her decision.
Yes, certainly requires any coach wanting to bring in someone from the portal to add to their roster to look very closely and with a critical eye on the motivating factors for someone who is transferring. Some may be seeking something that they won't find anywhere which won't be a fit for the team, the coach or the player. For others it is the right thing at the right time. We all saw the success of Dorka and Lou coming to UConn. It was a perfect fit for both. Hoping the best for Saylor and that she finally may find whatever it is she is seeking.

Reaction Score
The article describes her as posting 2 good years at Arkansas. So if Geno expressed interest, might she be interested in returning to UConn?
Good grief! Poffenbarger is transferring again? Bad look...

Reaction Score
why Olsen? she's a volume shooter and I don't UConn's outside shooting is going to be a problem next season if the injured players return to form........they need more rebounding and an interior presence.......
We thought it wasn't going to be a problem the last 3 years and look what happened ! We could always use excellent shooters !

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
We thought it wasn't going to be a problem the last 3 years and look what happened ! We could always use excellent shooters !
They have excellent shooters, they need rebounding and defense

Reaction Score
Am not sure if this is real since I haven't seen anywhere else, but:

Just saw on "X" (Twitter) that Paige, KK, Shade, Caroline, Morgan Valley, Cheli, Ziebell, Ayanna and Coach Cardoza (sp?) are all now Following Beers on Instagram. Big things coming for UConn?.

Make you wonder if we are the reason she has "Do not Contact"

Maybe someone who does Instagram (i'm an old man) can confirm this.

(No mention of Azzi or Jana following her).
Had to laugh about Azzi & Jana not following her in the first 12 hours of being in the portal....

They might have some exams or project to study for/complete. After all UConn is not UNC....:cool::D:cool:

Reaction Score
Well, that's where I have a problem.........she's not an excellent shooter, she's a volume shooter..........her FG% was .438% and her three point percentage was .294% last season.........she is a good FT shooter at 80.70%

Reaction Score
If she is truly in the portal, Kiki Iriafen was a big part of Tara passing Coach K for most wins. She might want to be a big part of Geno passing Tara and earning a National Championship at the Basketball Capitol of the UNIVERSE, play with PB and Company, and more her stock up for the W!
she would certainly forever be remembered as the answer to a WBB trivia question........;)

Reaction Score
I really hope UConn gets Kiki or another solid transfer player on their last year. The team is young/inexperienced without Nika and Edwards. If the team is going to compete with the top 3 teams for a natty, they've got to pick up someone. I also don't want this team to rely solely on the 3 injury proned players (Azzi, Aubrey, Caroline) to stay healthy. If they can that's amazing, but if not, we're back to the last 2 years which is leaning on a wing and prayer to get to the end. I know it's all about keeping it in the family, but I also like a deep bench like SC's. I was watching highlights from last year and it's crazy how well Lou and Dorka fit into the offense. That offense would have beautiful to watch if Paige was in the mix. If UConn doesn't get a transfer, I will be slightly trepidatious about next year's championship chances.

Reaction Score
If she is truly in the portal, Kiki Iriafen was a big part of Tara passing Coach K for most wins. She might want to be a big part of Geno passing Tara and earning a National Championship at the Basketball Capitol of the UNIVERSE, play with PB and Company, and move her stock up for the W!
Yes I’m really hoping Kiki chooses UConn. She is a phenomenal player who at times was better than her own teammate Brink the All American.

UConn (if all healthy, fingers crossed) would be borderline unstoppable with Iriafen. Only South Carolina would be better.

Reaction Score
Kaitlyn Chen is ranked 3rd in the above article and Lucy Olsen is ranked 8th!
I'd love to get Kaitlyn Chen and Raegan Beers through the portal for next season!
Coach: Chen is UCONN. Beers, I take 2 and promise not to do any chasers. She is a Dolson type. Probably more talented, but never more willing. I WANT BEERS!!

Reaction Score
I really hope UConn gets Kiki or another solid transfer player on their last year. The team is young/inexperienced without Nika and Edwards. If the team is going to compete with the top 3 teams for a natty, they've got to pick up someone. I also don't want this team to rely solely on the 3 injury proned players (Azzi, Aubrey, Caroline) to stay healthy. If they can that's amazing, but if not, we're back to the last 2 years which is leaning on a wing and prayer to get to the end. I know it's all about keeping it in the family, but I also like a deep bench like SC's. I was watching highlights from last year and it's crazy how well Lou and Dorka fit into the offense. That offense would have beautiful to watch if Paige was in the mix. If UConn doesn't get a transfer, I will be slightly trepidatious about next year's championship chances.
KiKi is great scoring Uconn needs that Stopper. Even DeBerry could score she just wasn't that stopper. Uconn is load witth scoring talent. Next season it will not be who shots, it will be who doesn't shoot.

Reaction Score
why Olsen? she's a volume shooter and I don't UConn's outside shooting is going to be a problem next season if the injured players return to form........they need more rebounding and an interior presence.......
Uconn is loaded with shooters. POST, POST, POST is the emphasis!! Give me BEER! And I'll go out and get drunk.

Reaction Score
Coach: Chen is UCONN. Beers, I take 2 and promise not to do any chasers. She is a Dolson type. Probably more talented, but never more willing. I WANT BEERS!!
TCC Kid- - Raegan Beers is a "high motor" big girl!
She moves well for her size!
Kaitlyn Chen is someone a team needs in the locker room, practice court, and game floor through her personality and work ethic!
Sometimes it's more important to get that type of person than a superstar type because of the effect she can have on the rest of the team during her final season!
And UConn will add much for both players going forward in their future careers!

Reaction Score
Yes I’m really hoping Kiki chooses UConn. She is a phenomenal player who at times was better than her own teammate Brink the All American.

UConn (if all healthy, fingers crossed) would be borderline unstoppable with Iriafen. Only South Carolina would be better.
Not sure exactly how SC would be better if we had a healthy roster that included Kiki Iriafen? I’m not sure there would be a better roster ever than this one (healthy) with Kiki! Certainly not more than one or two!

Reaction Score
3 of the top 6 from 1 school. That is so sad for OSU.
Big East Women teams are getting weaker, as we appear to be getting stronger. So, for challenges, Geno, as always, will play strong teams , outside our league. in tournaments & NCAA tournament play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom