Tournament (Non-UConn) Thread - 1st Round | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Tournament (Non-UConn) Thread - 1st Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
A. Anyone who watched KY play this year and had them advancing past the first weekend, shame on you.
B. They can’t afford to get rid of the worst coach in all of major college hoops. It is so delightful.
The SEC hasn't really represented so far.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Kentucky: Dick Vitale's national champions.:)
Oops.

9692F18E-F48F-4F24-A5FC-54393B920674.jpeg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Coming in a few minutes I get to watch KU. My view of Samford.

Bbc Earth Dogs GIF by BBC America

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If Kentucky loses tonite against Oakland (who is currently giving them all kinds of problems up 5 with less than 8 minutes to go) does that put Calipari on the hot seat?
Post/handle

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Can't help but feel UK is going to offer Dan Hurley an awful lot of money.
I don’t see Hurley leaving what he’s got here. He’s the number 1 celebrity in the state, (UConn) fans love him. He reads social media, he sees how quick Kentucky fans would turn on him if he underachieves. Plus he loves the northeast.

With that said, I wonder how much money they’d have to offer where he couldn’t pass it up. 10 years $100 million? 5 years $75 million? At some point there is a number that’s too absurd to pass up…

Reaction Score
Cal on the hot seat, or he should be. What a terrible game coach.
Their AD is preoccupied with getting a splashy hire for the women’s team (expected to lure the coach of Virginia tech).

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Coming in I thought Tennessee was the team to beat in the Midwest, yet I didn’t pick them. I don’t know why.

Reaction Score
I don’t see Hurley leaving what he’s got here. He’s the number 1 celebrity in the state, (UConn) fans love him. He reads social media, he sees how quick Kentucky fans would turn on him if he underachieves. Plus he loves the northeast.

With that said, I wonder how much money they’d have to offer where he couldn’t pass it up. 10 years $100 million? 5 years $75 million? At some point there is a number that’s too absurd to pass up…
He's an Irish-American with deep roots in Northeast basketball. That means something. He's also rich and a few more dollars isn't everything in life. He'll also get a raise here if he wins another title. Hopefully, AH returns and they get another year of father and son.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Amazing

I suspect hes just rich and lazy
A prep school coach friend of mine (a) likes him and says he’s a fun guy and (b) thinks he’s actually a great coach that is somewhat hamstrung by external forces at UK. The money talks there, and you pretty much need to do what it tells you. I don’t think he’s lazy.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I just moneylined Samford.
I’ve been wrong about everything, which is the one positive for the Jayhawks, because I think Samford +7.5 should be free money. So Timberlake will suddenly morph into Cam Spencer or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom