Top color commentators | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Top color commentators

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Incidentally, was watching Oklahoma on TV and the color commentator was Dan Hughes. He is great, although he doesn't do that many games (that I see, anyway). But I have heard him before, he is the best at making you understand the game as only a coach can do.

Also, it is unfair not to add that the play-by-play person can sometimes make the color commentator sound better and in some cases, can just kill them.

Reaction Score
yeah kara cannot be beaten..... i agree she is the best.... saw her today on men's broadcast.... doing the color with Shaun McDonough

Reaction Score
I like Nell Fortner VERY much. Also Kara and Rebecca and Maria Taylor. Don't like listening to Burke. Brenda van Lengen does a good job too. I heard her and Carol Ross on a game and Ross really gave a coach's perspective. Very enjoyable.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Thanks. I havent heard, or can't recall, LaChina, Christy, or Vera. Will be on the lookout.
LaChina and Pam Ward called the UConn-St. John's game from Madison Square Garden. They may be the best tandem in wcbb sportscasting.

She's not currently calling women's hoops, obviously, but Robin Roberts is one of the best ever.

Reaction Score
I like Peck and Pattyson much better than Doris. Doris is a wonderful person but she is NBA. Has been for quite some time.

Peck and Pattyson are the worst!!! I turn them off when I watch the game. Burke use to be good but has added too much trivial gossip to the call of the game. The only excellent color commentator IMHO is Kara Lawson. She knows the game and is the only color commentator that can articulate the action so the listener can understand the action and strategy.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Incidentally, was watching Oklahoma on TV and the color commentator was Dan Hughes. He is great, although he doesn't do that many games (that I see, anyway). But I have heard him before, he is the best at making you understand the game as only a coach can do.

Also, it is unfair not to add that the play-by-play person can sometimes make the color commentator sound better and in some cases, can just kill them.

That's why I like Bobby Knight doing color for MBB. He was a hothead as a coach, but he does a wonderful job of explaining the game as a commentator.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
LaChina and Pam Ward called the UConn-St. John's game from Madison Square Garden. They may be the best tandem in wcbb sportscasting.

She's not currently calling women's hoops, obviously, but Robin Roberts is one of the best ever.
Watched the 1995 UConn-Tenn classic. Robin Roberts did the play by play. Really made me nostalgic. But the color commentator with her really couldn't stop making excuses for Tenn.

BTW, Dave Meyers kid sister isn't bad....:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Peck and Pattyson are the worst!!! I turn them off when I watch the game. Burke use to be good but has added too much trivial gossip to the call of the game. The only excellent color commentator IMHO is Kara Lawson. She knows the game and is the only color commentator that can articulate the action so the listener can understand the action and strategy.

Well I do think Lawson is awesome. Totally enjoy her call.

Regarding Pattyson love her sense of humor. I think she is terrific though lately I think she is getting DorisBurkitis - for example when other than KML- a Husky takes an outside shot -- and the ball doesn't go in - it's called "a bad shot." If it goes in either silence or "good ball movement."

I think Peck is spot on as a general rule regarding the evaluation of the game.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Beth Mowins is another good one. Mary Murphy who calls a lot of the PAC12 Network is great too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom