Top 5 plays from Uconn Scrimmage | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Top 5 plays from Uconn Scrimmage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
If Amida is in some of the clips, it can't be more than 3 days old. He only arrived on campus Wednesday night.

I thought that Bazz was at that camp now.

Reaction Score
Cool, thanks for posting. Why do people always feel the need to put these hip hop mixes in these video clips? IMO they'd be so much more enjoyable without the music.

I made this video, and I put music on it because I liked it, sorry if you have a problem and I didn't check with you before uploading, I will be sure to do so next time. Sorry to disappoint;)

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I hope PN will be our starting 5 this season. After Shabazz Napier, he's my favorite current Husky.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I made this video, and I put music on it because I liked it, sorry if you have a problem and I didn't check with you before uploading, I will be sure to do so next time. Sorry to disappoint;)

Let's get some early 90's rap in the next one!

Reaction Score
i dont know why the staff doesn't teach more pick and role...i always thought they did AD a disservice by not running any pick and role for him.. having said that, i hope they run some pick and role for Nolan

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
First song that came to mind was Public Enemy Black Steel in the Hour of Chaos when I thought of what song I would use if I made a highlight reel

intlzncster

Reaction Score
First song that came to mind was Public Enemy Black Steel in the Hour of Chaos when I thought of what song I would use if I made a highlight reel

PE -> yes.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Someone should make a defensive mix to Shut 'Em Down or Welcome to the Terrordome.

If I had any editing skills whatsoever, and patience (which I don't), I'd make a mix to WTTT. stat.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Someone should make a defensive mix to Shut 'Em Down or Welcome to the Terrordome.
Anyone old enough to remember Public Enemy is too old to know how to make a mixtape/video

C

Chief00

I think with George retired you will see more picks and rolls. But, not sure if we have the right Big guy for that.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I think with George retired you will see more picks and rolls. But, not sure if we have the right Big guy for that.

George was single handedly stopping the pick and roll?

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Anyone who owns more than zero rap CDs knows who Public Enemy is.
It was a joke. .and knowing who they are is different from remembering them which is what I said.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Sure did. Nothing like a 73 year old holding his own in the lane..............;)

No lie, I think Kevin McHale could still post it up in the NBA. For one run down the floor at least.

C

Chief00

Pick and roll wasn't George's thing offensively. I don't know why. Perhaps it was that he primarily played against zone teams at The Cross or he was more into 5 guy team concepts than isolations. For JC' if he went to isolation it was the guard at the top of the circle with the other guys pulling their guys away from the basket. But the guard was expected to beat their man 1 on 1. Miller did put some stamp on the offense with the back cuts. JC used screens and often double screens to free the shooter before he received the ball. Pick and rolls have been a big part of the NBA the past 15 years so if KO has the right 2 guys he would most likely go with it under certain circumstances. I hope that helps?

Reaction Score
I must have been watching another team for the past 20-odd years. I've never noticed an absence of pick and rolls in the UConn offense. Not even close.

Reaction Score
I must have been watching another team for the past 20-odd years. I've never noticed an absence of pick and rolls in the UConn offense. Not even close.

The high ball screen is pretty much one of the main staples of the UConn's offense, these guys are bugging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom