Top 3 Things You Want To See Friday Night Against Iowa. Game is at 9:30 p.m. | The Boneyard

Top 3 Things You Want To See Friday Night Against Iowa. Game is at 9:30 p.m.

Reaction Score
I never, ever expected to be still writing this thread for a Final Four game this year. The achievement of this team and the coaching staff is just stunning considering the injuries, the losses, and the adversity. Yet here we are. Remember, a win and no injuries is always automatically included in the thread. With that said, here are my top 3 things:

1) A great game, featuring the 2 greatest players in the game, for everyone, and especially young girls all over the world, to see.

2) UCONN women's basketball at its finest on both ends of the court.

3) All our freshmen to play to their potential in the same game, this game.

What can you say about this team? To quote Coach Dale in Hoosierts " I love you guys". Do you have a top 3?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I agree that the game start time will be close to 9:30 mainly due to the fact that the first game starts at 7 and at least 30 minutes is required between games. But the ESPN app is showing 9:00. :eek:
1000001180.jpg

Reaction Score
The game will be approximately 30 minutes after the SC / NC State game. Regardless of time.

Reaction Score
1. The refs don't take over and make it about them. Don't call the phantom fouls, must call the actual ones.
2. Keep everyone involved in the offense
3. Strong caffeine drinks to keep me awake. Game won't be over until way past midnight.

Reaction Score
1. Qadence in randomly to face guard Caitlin.
2. Switching side to side to get Paige isolated on Gabbie.
3. Opportunity for Aaliyah against either Sydney or Addison.

Reaction Score
I expect Nika to hold Caitlin well below her average until the game is out of hand where she might put up some numbers that are meaningless.

AE has a huge advantage for maybe the first time this year in the post. She needs to stay away from the offensive fouls and she will have her best game of the playoffs.

Any player not named Paige or Aaliyah needs to combine with the others to score 30. If they do that they will win this game going away and will get a little rest before the championship game. They will need to be focused and play tough defense but I think that is a given at this point.

Reaction Score
I agree that the game start time will be close to 9:30 mainly due to the fact that the first game starts at 7 and at least 30 minutes is required between games. But the ESPN app is showing 9:00. :eek:
View attachment 98789
At least UConn is use to playing late (playing in Portland).

Reaction Score
1. Be disciplined on the defense. Switch smoothly and do not foul. Limit the top two scorers and shut down the others.
2. Attack the basket - down low and with drives. Need 70 field-goal attempts
3. Be patient and make all lay-ups. Do not allow any easy lay-ups for them, in transition.

Start practicing those free throws. We may need to make them to close out the game!

Reaction Score
1) Make Clark beat you with 2 pointers not 3 pointers.
2) KK and Ash having good offensive games.
3) Limit, greatly, the silly fouls.

Reaction Score
decent rebounding
everyone on the team knowing where Paige is at all times
double teaming on Clark

Reaction Score
1. Play up to potential, be fluid, be confident, be Huskies!
2. Harass CC. Nika and the assembled Huskies "hound" her into frustration!
3. A quality second half and continued end of game GRIT!

Reaction Score
1) Paige having her usual excellent all-around game
2) Even if Clark gets her points, make them difficult, and keep the defensive pressure on her teammates
3) Control the boards, limit turnovers, and win the game!

Reaction Score
  • a win
  • 50% shooting from three
  • none being in fouul troubles

The one thing I don't wanna see
- Joe officicating

Reaction Score

Put out this post 4 months ago, December 4th, when it seemed as though the wheels were off of the Huskies' wagon.

I was pretty sure Gino and the women would figure out how to right the ship....look where you are now!

Here's to a classic Friday night, may both teams play their best.

(Post #81 if hard to find)

Reaction Score
  1. No open 3's for the Iowa supporting cast
  2. Appearances by Q and Ice to spell the starters
  3. No foul trouble

Reaction Score
1. To win these games your best players have to look like your best players & I’m confident our two will lead the way- want everyone else to play loose, confident, and aggressive.
2. Tremendous ball screen defense would be the biggest contributor to a win, especially when they screen with AE’s or IB’s man- definitely can’t play drop coverage or go under. We have to execute this w/o fouling because fouling cancels out hustle and aggressive D.
3. Transition defense has to be outstanding & we definitely can’t give up backboard shots or open 3’s in transition.

Usually in big games a player or two of the role players will play way above their stat line & I’m counting on it being for the good guys and putting us over the top. I want them to prove what I’ve always believed about season stats in postseason play in that they’re like bikinis- they show a lot, but they don’t show everything. JMO

Reaction Score
!) That one of my all time favorite players, Nika, has a great game and limits her careless passes to under 1.
2) That we are constantly aware of CCs full court passes to open teammates and that they are kept to a minimum.
3) The defense picks up CC at least by mid-court, and gives her something to think about before throwing her pin point passes.

Reaction Score
I always think of my three things as players and playing time. And Paige and Aaliyah are what I expect to see. Tomorrow the other three things I hope to see are:
  1. Nika in the game at the end
  2. Ice gets 15+ minutes
  3. Q gets 15+ minutes
If we see the last two we might not have fatigue problems in the 4th quarter. And if Ice and Q get that many minutes it will mean they’re playing well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom