Tony C-Our Boneyard Nostradamus | The Boneyard

Tony C-Our Boneyard Nostradamus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I remember a few years ago when a wise man proclaimed that the UConn women would go undefeated for three years and have a 117-0 record. Naysayers laughed at the prophet and his bold prediction. Today, Tony C's name should be enshrined on the honored Boneyard Wall (Prophesy Section). Yes, the record turned out to be “only” 116-1 with the last win against USF, but even Nostradamus missed that “end of the world” thingy that was supposed to happen in 1999 so cut tony a little slack here. In case you missed the prophet's predictive quatrain, it went sometime like this if I remember correctly:

Out of the north (Cicero) comes a 6'4” octopus whose long tentacles reach high and wide to deny the opponent a chance to do much of anything. Teammates claim she has only two tentacles; other teams say it seems like she has at least eight. She will tattoo “Wilson” on the foreheads of many opponents when she swats the ball back at them.

From the south comes a whiling dervish whose thievery amazes fans and perplexes foes to the point of frustration. They say, “Hey, I just had the ball in my hand...oops, it's in the other basket now!” Able to leap over tall scoring tables in a single bound, she amazes even the resident high jumper!

The (mid)-west gives us the glue and the Zen-like calmness that holds the team together. Like a coiled up Cobra in a Slinky, she twists and turns her contortionist body until the opposition just shakes their head in wonder. How DID she just make that three point shot, reverse layup, and foul line drive?

The east delivers the Sorcerer, Sorceress, and two amazing Sorcerer Apprentices. They stir the cauldron, mix in a few secret underclassmen ingredients, and add a smidgen of tough love and sarcastic wit. These master alchemists turn their proteges into gold (and wonderful, responsible, articulate human beings as well.) Over and over again, year after year, no one does it better.

And the most humble prophet Tony C. says: “Ye of little faith...I saw this one coming a mile away even though some said I may have taken leave of my senses.” I'll give the props to Tony who knows his basketball. What did Nostradamus ever accomplish other than a few television specials and a 1000 quatrains that could mean almost anything?

I'd like to ask Tony if he feels the women can win six more and gather that #11 but I think all of us know what his answer would be. There is no sense in risking the mojo gods retaliation so maybe we should just wait and see for ourselves. And enjoy the ride.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I remember a few years ago when a wise man proclaimed that the UConn women would go undefeated for three years and have a 117-0 record. Naysayers laughed at the prophet and his bold prediction. Today, Tony C's name should be enshrined on the honored Boneyard Wall (Prophesy Section). Yes, the record turned out to be “only” 116-1 with the last win against USF, but even Nostradamus missed that “end of the world” thingy that was supposed to happen in 1999 so cut tony a little slack here. In case you missed the prophet's predictive quatrain, it went sometime like this if I remember correctly:

Out of the north (Cicero) comes a 6'4” octopus whose long tentacles reach high and wide to deny the opponent a chance to do much of anything. Teammates claim she has only two tentacles; other teams say it seems like she has at least eight. She will tattoo “Wilson” on the foreheads of many opponents when she swats the ball back at them.

From the south comes a whiling dervish whose thievery amazes fans and perplexes foes to the point of frustration. They say, “Hey, I just had the ball in my hand...oops, it's in the other basket now!” Able to leap over tall scoring tables in a single bound, she amazes even the resident high jumper!

The (mid)-west gives us the glue and the Zen-like calmness that holds the team together. Like a coiled up Cobra in a Slinky, she twists and turns her contortionist body until the opposition just shakes their head in wonder. How DID she just make that three point shot, reverse layup, and foul line drive?

The east delivers the Sorcerer, Sorceress, and two amazing Sorcerer Apprentices. They stir the cauldron, mix in a few secret underclassmen ingredients, and add a smidgen of tough love and sarcastic wit. These master alchemists turn their proteges into gold (and wonderful, responsible, articulate human beings as well.) Over and over again, year after year, no one does it better.

And the most humble prophet Tony C. says: “Ye of little faith...I saw this one coming a mile away even though some said I may have taken leave of my senses.” I'll give the props to Tony who knows his basketball. What did Nostradamus ever accomplish other than a few television specials and a 1000 quatrains that could mean almost anything?

I'd like to ask Tony if he feels the women can win six more and gather that #11 but I think all of us know what his answer would be. There is no sense in risking the mojo gods retaliation so maybe we should just wait and see for ourselves. And enjoy the ride.

Thanks Tonyc for taking some of the pressure off of me. It's not easy being a "soothsayer". It's hard to call something BEFORE it happens. Most folks don't appreciate "visionaries". As you know, the BY's will call you out when you're wrong.

Thanks Tonyc, and congratulations to you sir. Your kudos are well deserved. ;)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

Tony my niece wants to have your children. What's in our 4 year Husky future from herein oh sage?

Reaction Score
I'm still not convinced about him, even though he may have the highest percentage imaginable. I'm holding out that one day he will finally run out of adjectives (and can't find his dictionary) and will be forced to think and write like the rest of us. But yes, everytime I read him and conclude that he has finally fallen off the deep end, I see his smiling face the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom