Tonites the Nite | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tonites the Nite

Reaction Score
Don't know who is going to win but I don't think it is going to be the close contest that everyone is expecting. I have a feeling that the MOV is going to be 10+ either way.
Yeah kind of have that feeling too because everyone is predicting a tight hard fought game.... what if it ends up being anticlimactic and one team jumps out to a 10-12 pt lead early and then never really relinquishes it?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Yeah kind of have that feeling too because everyone is predicting a tight hard fought game.... what if it ends up being anticlimactic and one team jumps out to a 10-12 pt lead early and then never really relinquishes it?
Well, that would defy expectations and, most importantly, Vegas, so I think it’s really unlikely. And even more unlikely that we are the team that holds a commanding lead for the entire game, so I really hope that’s not happening tonight

Reaction Score
I will do my usual tonight, tape the game and shut myself in my bedroom with headphones on watching Schitt’s Creek on Netflix. When and if at the end of the game we are definitely winning, I will join my husband in the living room to watch. if we win, I will then watch the whole game. It’s going to be a really tough game. Maybe we will have someone you wouldn’t expect step up for us, a la Kelly Schumacher all those years ago. No matter what, this was a hell of a season. We got that losing in the semifinal monkey off our back, and proved we can win close games. We should all be grateful for that.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Indoomidable.
Meh Kinda GIF by Cultura

;)

Reaction Score
I suspect SC has a degree of overconfidence regarding tonight... they will be surprised. And Paige, Azzi, Evina and Christen will be deadly.

Go Huskies

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Alot of posts on how to stop Boston. Heres mine. Put alot of pressure on the guards and that will make it tuff on SC. Our defense is that good to do that. If the game comes down to the last few seconds and Paige has the ball, good things will happen.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
A lot of analysis and thoughts on what Geno should do in the threads. Hey we just beat 2 very very good number 1 teams that had really good post players, height and good guards. With that said I am not to concerned. Our defense has been terrific and I expect the same in this game. Our defense will hurt SC and we may not be able to shut down Boston but I believe our defense will slow here down. If everybody else except Boston is suffocated on defense it will be tuff to get a shot off and get Boston the ball. Our defense has shown us that over the past few games. We have very good guards and enough of them to make plays. I expect a low scoring game and if its close at the end I would not bet against Paige.

Since we've been healthy we are a different team. Our defense has been suffocating and we are playing as a team not depending on any one player. Tonite will all be about leadership at the guard positions. It will be about Poise Execution and trusting Genos game plan and Confidence.

UConn will win this one by 5 pts 66-61
Tonyc you need to post the score on the Prognosticators thread for it to count.

Reaction Score
No worries my friend, we’re doomed, so doomed, so very very very doomed. I’m sure our guys feel blessed just to be on the court with this phenomenal South Carolina team.
We are so doomed! How doomed are we? We’re so doomed that SC will wipe the floor with us and wring us out in their dirty mop water.

Reaction Score
I will do my usual tonight, tape the game and shut myself in my bedroom with headphones on watching Schitt’s Creek on Netflix. When and if at the end of the game we are definitely winning, I will join my husband in the living room to watch. if we win, I will then watch the whole game. It’s going to be a really tough game. Maybe we will have someone you wouldn’t expect step up for us, a la Kelly Schumacher all those years ago. No matter what, this was a hell of a season. We got that losing in the semifinal monkey off our back, and proved we can win close games. We should all be grateful for that.
I will most likely do the same although I don’t have have a husband.

Reaction Score
A lot of analysis and thoughts on what Geno should do in the threads. Hey we just beat 2 very very good number 1 teams that had really good post players, height and good guards. With that said I am not to concerned. Our defense has been terrific and I expect the same in this game. Our defense will hurt SC and we may not be able to shut down Boston but I believe our defense will slow here down. If everybody else except Boston is suffocated on defense it will be tuff to get a shot off and get Boston the ball. Our defense has shown us that over the past few games. We have very good guards and enough of them to make plays. I expect a low scoring game and if its close at the end I would not bet against Paige.

Since we've been healthy we are a different team. Our defense has been suffocating and we are playing as a team not depending on any one player. Tonite will all be about leadership at the guard positions. It will be about Poise Execution and trusting Genos game plan and Confidence.

UConn will win this one by 5 pts 66-61
The two South Carolina forwards are almost as big as Boston, but are quite a bit speedier. We can’t play their half court game, if we do we will lose.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
As many have referred to and have posted. In our game at the beginning of the season we were down a basket or so going into the 4th qtr. Both SC and UConn have gotten better however UConn has players who have gotten better that didnt play in the last game. UConn has gotten a whole lot better. This is a team game not an individual game. However SC has the NPOY and UConn has last seasons NPOY who is now healthy not like she was last year but this is the National Championship and I think Paige will be playing like a NPOY. We have a lot more weapons then we did in the last game and that I feel will be the difference.

Reaction Score
I love all the optimism, but here are the things that worry me.

1. We’ve struggled with free throws and turnovers much of the year… why will that be different tonight?
2. Azzi struggled to get her shot against Stanford… it won’t be any easier tonight.
3. Paige hasn’t been back long enough for the offense to really flow.
4. Foul trouble for the bigs against the best big in the country.
5. We shot pretty poorly against Stanford… can we do better against SC?

OK - does that take care of the mojo gods? Made me feel better to get out all my worries.

We won’t have any trouble with intensity, effort and focus. But SC is a better team in my mind. Can we win… sure. But we have to play really well and they have to help. GO HUSKIES

Reaction Score
I might add, they better get us this year because it’s going to be tougher next year. That said I like our chances tonight!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom