Tonight UConn’s Dominating D will hold Mitchell to: | The Boneyard

Tonight UConn’s Dominating D will hold Mitchell to:

Tonight UConn’s Dominating D will hold Mitchell to:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Debbie Antonelli points out that in the last 11 years a UConn opposing player has put up 30 or more points on just five occasions (Prince 33, Loyd 31, Pohlen 31, Angel 30, Parker 30). And, she thinks Kelsey Mitchell will get close, she eve established her own over/under at 27.

DA_2.png

Let’s do our own over/under: (Poll listed above)

Since OS has already played SC and this our 1st game I'm going to cut our gals a little slack, I'm voting that Mitchell gets 21 in this beat-down.

Poll closes at game time.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I like Mitchell's chances. My over/under is at 34 because she is better than every previous player to accomplish the feat.

How in the world was Pohlen allowed to accomplish that feat? Granted, she is a good ballplayer, but not 31 points against UConn good.

Reaction Score
Mitchell is going to get her points but as long as UConn can stop Alston then the Huskies will win comfortably.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
UConn doesn't usually try to completely stop you. They want to frustrate you. They want you to keep shooting. They will let you have 30+ if that means you're shooting under 40%. Not many players that have the ability to drop 30 on an elite opponent are confident enough in their teammates to pass the ball even when they know they are off balance or not at the right angle for a decent shot. The UConn defense is meant to make you think. The scorer usually ends up getting their points but it often costs their team the win. The funny part is they probably feel pretty good about themselves too until they look at the tape or the stat sheet.

Reaction Score
UConn doesn't usually try to completely stop you. They want to frustrate you. They want you to keep shooting. They will let you have 30+ if that means you're shooting under 40%. Not many players that have the ability to drop 30 on an elite opponent are confident enough in their teammates to pass the ball even when they know they are off balance or not at the right angle for a decent shot. The UConn defense is meant to make you think. The scorer usually ends up getting their points but it often costs their team the win. The funny part is they probably feel pretty good about themselves too until they look at the tape or the stat sheet.

Excellent analysis, Nu. I'm of the opinion that it doesn't matter how many points the OSU guards get, as long as they're the only ones scoring. Since OSU had only 3 assists against SC, I assume there isn't much ball distribution. Mitchell and Alston are high volume shooters because their team lacks balanced shooting. UConn will control the guards well enough, and the Huskies will outscore the defense challenged Buckeyes by more than a few buckets.

HGN

Reaction Score
Kelsey will get hers...............I just hope we can hold everybody else down because she can't do it alone. At least I hope not.
We will have 2 very good defensive guards (Mo, Kia) on her so she will not be running totally free. She may jack up a lot of 3's , but she can have those.

She can have her points , we want the game.

Reaction Score
Part of the only three assists was absolutely dreadful shooting from the posts. They make even half their shots, it's a different convo.

Reaction Score
There's not a player on Uconn that can contain Mitchell one on one. However, I got Uconn by 12. If Sierra Calhoun was eligible, I would have taken OSU.

Reaction Score
There's not a player on Uconn that can contain Mitchell one on one. However, I got Uconn by 12. If Sierra Calhoun was eligible, I would have taken OSU.

Yo Hoops - good point about containing Mitchell one on one. However, I'd say the same thing about MO and Stewie--no OS player can handle them one on one either. That gives UConn a two to one edge. Ohio State is a dangerous team, but basketball is not usually played 2 on 5. I'll take Mo & Stewie over the OS guards (conservatively) in a close match. What does OS have to cover the next three starters??
Team defense can help out quite a bit---UConn has the best team defense in the land! OS is a little light on team defense.
Again, OS is a dangerous team--Nevertheless, I am looking forward to Geno's prep for this game, the 5th starter's performance, who is first off the bench for UConn, and players handling the nerves of the big pursuit of the 4th NC.

Reaction Score
uconn by 17 points and Mitchell will score 25 points.Mitchell will be a gunner extraordinaire and will hit less than 40% of her shots.

Reaction Score
Uconn is a 12.5 pt favorite tonight and the over/under is 139.5

So, an 80-60 or 75-65 score seems reasonable. That's a little different than 88-80 USC/OSU
score. We will see what happens tonight. It should be a very interesting game to start the season.

GO HUSHIES

Reaction Score
UCONN normally shoots 50% and if Ohio State is crazy enough to play a fast paced transition game then UCONN will score in the 90's. SC scored 88 and they shot 42% but had a cajillion points from the foul line. UCONN will hold them to 65 so my line is UCONN -24.5 O/U 151.5
Mitchel O/U is 19.5. Happy betting.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kelsey will go over 20 unless she has major foul trouble. But I look for 35% shooting from her. She's very good, but so are Moriah and Kia.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
That implies Calhoun and her 31% FG% would account for a 13 point swing. Absurd.

Exactly. The same Calhoun who looked lost against UConn last year and scored 0 points.

Hoopdreams also predicted Sierra's brother Omar would average 15-20 ppg this season and be a 1st round pick in the NBA draft. Equally absurd.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
So is the prescient genius who voted "less than 10" going to fess up. I think I may need some financial advice from her\him.

As to Hoopdreams inanities, the shtick is wearing very thin. Wonder if there's any way we can him to go back to lulu land, which in NYC area is located near the mouth of the Gowanus Canal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom