Today's (Sunday) Bracket | The Boneyard

Today's (Sunday) Bracket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/ncw/bracketology

IMHO Stanford has the easier bracket, while UConn is the toughest.

Its only 3 1/2 hour drive from Knoxville to Louisville, yet because UConn is placed in a region first Lady Vols are sent 14 hours away. Makes no sense, but based on the placement in Regions has happened in the past, it probably will happen. Bureaucracy

Why is Stanford keeping their #1 seed, they don't play a strong schedule.

Reaction Score
If memory serves, before Duke beat Carolina they were a #3 seed in Louisville. Now that the Devils have won, they're still a #3 seed but in South Bend where there's the distinct possibility of facing Notre Dame whom they play for the ACC title. What ever happened to keeping conference mates out of each other's way whenever possible?

I can make next to no sense of Creme's projections and I'm fairly certain it's because there's little sense to be made.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
It will be interesting setting up the brackets. S Carolina and Stanford lost. Stanford to unranked USC.. Both should lose a one seed. Leaving room for Louisville and ....maybe Tenn or Kentucky or Nebraska which could move UConn to Palo Alto as crazy as that might be. The BiG Question who is the 4th one seed. I think if LVille makes the conference final theyve got a one seed with 3 losses to UConn.

Reaction Score
RegisteredUconn said:
If memory serves, before Duke beat Carolina they were a #3 seed in Louisville. Now that the Devils have won, they're still a #3 seed but in South Bend where there's the distinct possibility of facing Notre Dame whom they play for the ACC title. What ever happened to keeping conference mates out of each other's way whenever possible?

I can make next to no sense of Creme's projections and I'm fairly certain it's because there's little sense to be made.

With the projection that the AAC only gets three invites - UConn, RU, and Louisville and four regions it isn't rocket science to figure out how to put three teams in one of the four different regions. UConn has to fly to either Louisville or Lincoln (invoking mojo protection now) should they advance. Another hour or so of flight time is insignificant really. It was much harder when in the Big East there was 8 or 9 teams getting invites. But now, if only three or even four get in, put each one in a different bracket. Would that be so difficult?

Besides, I watched a Nebraska game not long ago with the students chanting "we want UConn!". I want to see a case of be careful what you wish for. And, I want to go visit my family in NE.

Reaction Score
With the projection that the AAC only gets three invites - UConn, RU, and Louisville and four regions it isn't rocket science to figure out how to put three teams in one of the four different regions. UConn has to fly to either Louisville or Lincoln (invoking mojo protection now) should they advance. Another hour or so of flight time is insignificant really. It was much harder when in the Big East there was 8 or 9 teams getting invites. But now, if only three or even four get in, put each one in a different bracket. Would that be so difficult?

Besides, I watched a Nebraska game not long ago with the students chanting "we want UConn!". I want to see a case of be careful what you wish for. And, I want to go visit my family in NE.
Your wants (both of them) are my wants. :D

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Actually, it would be interesting to put Tennessee in L'ville's bracket. Not sure L'ville would beat them, but I think it would be a close game for sure. Stanford's loss basically gave Tennessee a much easier path to the final 4 (gack). I dont' see how Stanford is a 1 seed any longer. Baylor or WVU should be the other 1 seed depending on who wins their tourney, and if Tennessee loses in theirs against Kentucky, THEN maybe you give Stanford the 1 seed back, or make L'ville a 1 seed. I don't see the obsession Creme has with making L'ville a 2 seed in UCONN's bracket. Their only losses this year are to Kentucky and UCONN.

Reaction Score
Nebraska's fans want UConn. That would be fine with UConn. Hooper would be shut down by Stewie, Stef, or Kiah. Theriot is talented but she would be blanketed like a swarm of bees in a hive. Your wish. Really?

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Instead of arguing who shouldn't be or positing good losses, how about who SHOULD be and good wins....

Reaction Score
Nebraska's fans want UConn. That would be fine with UConn. Hooper would be shut down by Stewie, Stef, or Kiah. Theriot is talented but she would be blanketed like a swarm of bees in a hive. Your wish. Really?
If you are talking my wish, yes. Really. My father and sister live in Omaha. If UConn goes to Lincoln, I am seriously considering a quick long weekend trip to my old stomping grounds. For selfish reasons, if not other, I want them in Lincoln.

If you are talking Husker fans, yes, they are delusional. But in the tourney, weird things happen, and they have really good fan support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom