TO-Forbes.com: The World's 10 Most Valuable Sports Teams 2013 | The Boneyard

TO-Forbes.com: The World's 10 Most Valuable Sports Teams 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

THC

Reaction Score
A bit surprised the Pats are at #6. Must be all those Hernandez jerseys.

Reaction Score
Most of it is real estate, the teams that are highest own their own stadiums which increases the value of the franchises. The soccer teams are also there because they are world wide teams, they just print money.

Reaction Score
ugh... I despise sites that generate lists just so they can generate 10 clicks for the price of 1

Reaction Score
Most of it is real estate, the teams that are highest own their own stadiums which increases the value of the franchises. The soccer teams are also there because they are world wide teams, they just print money.

Soccer is a religion....

Reaction Score

That explains how Real Madrid and these other soccer outfits can afford transfer fees approaching $100MM.

Could you imagine the Heat paying the Cavs a hundred million dollars for the right to sign LeBron James?

Reaction Score
That explains how Real Madrid and these other soccer outfits can afford transfer fees approaching $100MM.

Could you imagine the Heat paying the Cavs a hundred million dollars for the right to sign LeBron James?

The Red Sox paid a $51.1M transfer fee for Daisuke Matsuzaka....The Cavs would get a better deal.

Remember that the transfer system is a market system, all players are free agents all the time and teams buy and sell. The $100M transfer fee is rare and when it happens it makes the papers in the US. Much more common is the $5-$10M fee. After a team buys and sells, the difference might be a few million dollars either way.

I think that's the way free agency should work in MLB. Imagine if every lefty pitcher was potentially available every year, instead of just one or two. I think costs would come way down.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Yes actually. But you make a good point.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The Red Sox paid a $51.1M transfer fee for Daisuke Matsuzaka....The Cavs would get a better deal.

Remember that the transfer system is a market system, all players are free agents all the time and teams buy and sell. The $100M transfer fee is rare and when it happens it makes the papers in the US. Much more common is the $5-$10M fee. After a team buys and sells, the difference might be a few million dollars either way.

I think that's the way free agency should work in MLB. Imagine if every lefty pitcher was potentially available every year, instead of just one or two. I think costs would come way down.

I'd rather there was just a cap, like in the NFL.

Reaction Score
European soccer players have contracts with the club, not the league, so they all have no trade clauses ad need to agree to transfer teams. I wish the market was like this for baseball, but can never happen for that reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom