Title Game will be UConn vs winner of ND & SC | The Boneyard

Title Game will be UConn vs winner of ND & SC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I hope UConn will be joined by fresh faces in the final four. Hopefully some west cost teams break through.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Baylor gave us a tough game last year, with some bizarre officiating. They are more talented this year. I think they are a threat. I'm not worried about SC.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Baylor gave us a tough game last year, with some bizarre officiating. They are more talented this year. I think they are a threat. I'm not worried about SC.
I'm not either, but I hope we don't end up facing USF for a fourth time. Only because one ream beating another four times in one season has never happened.

Reaction Score
Have posted elsewhere, MD vs ND is a bad matchup for ND
Baylor could be tough early but UCONN's speed will be too much for Baylor's young giants!
UCONN's bigs too much for ND bigs/ 3's won't be a problem this time!
UCONN too much talent for SoCar offensively & defensively.

Reaction Score
I hope UConn will be joined by fresh faces in the final four. Hopefully some west cost teams break through.
Talk about a dream. If any west coast team makes it to the finals it will take a miracle.

Reaction Score

Wasn't that 2 years ago ?
January 2014. In Waco, O. Sims was 4 of 25 from the floor. UConn by 11 in a low scoring affair.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
While South Carolina's pasting of Kentucky where they scored 90+ points gives me pause, I'll predict South Carolina doesn't make the Final Four. Most of the year they have been offensively challenged and have made last minute comebacks to win close games in an overrated SEC. Don't know who, but they will be upset prior to getting to the Final Four.

I think Baylor, ND and UConn will make the Final Four, although ND's game against Maryland will be a tough one.

Reaction Score
Agree that Baylor could be our toughest challenge. Having said that, however, Baylor could be facing the toughest challenges getting to the Final Four of all top seeds. Does anyone really want to take on Louisville at this point? They have a way of being eerily good at the worst times. Remember how they took down Baylor and Griner before? St Johns is not a pushover either. So although Baylor should win that one, I doubt the W will come without effort. And Florida State only lost to Notre Dame by seven. Does anyone really think that is an automatic W? And then there's Oregon State, which has now established a winning way.

Baylor has been getting better over the season. So has UConn, which is mainly better because of the vastly improved outside shooting of KLS. But won't be easy on this side of the bracket.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Assuming TN makes it past Green Bay and ASU handles New Mexico State, I'm looking forward to attending the ASU-TN game Sunday. Hoping to see superior coaching take down superior talent.

Well, that could happen in the Green Bay vs. Tenn. game :) The Phoenix are awfully well coached and they get some good talent from Wisconsin and Minnesota that play together all the time. If the Vols are on the same page, they should prevail, but given their track record this year, I wouldn't be surprised what comes out of those games...

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Wasn't that 2 years ago ?
January 2014. In Waco, O. Sims was 4 of 25 from the floor. UConn by 11 in a low scoring affair.
That was the ugliest game.... EVER. It was so bad it was hilarious. There was a whistle every 3 seconds to the point where my wife left the room and was out of view of the TV heard the whistle blow and said... "Let me guess a Baylor player fell down?" Sadly, she was right.

Reaction Score
Not sure Maryland get past Kentucky on the road that easily. The Notre Dame/Maryland matchup is pretty even, even though Muffet has Brenda's number right now.

The Terps' road to the FF is fraught with danger. Some of the danger is due to the teams Maryland will meet, some is due to a tendency to underperform in crunch time. Don't know if Muffet has Brenda's number, but ND never quits; the Terps do.

Reaction Score
Well, that could happen in the Green Bay vs. Tenn. game :) The Phoenix are awfully well coached and they get some good talent from Wisconsin and Minnesota that play together all the time. If the Vols are on the same page, they should prevail, but given their track record this year, I wouldn't be surprised what comes out of those games...
Hmmmmm - you're right. Guess I better go to that game too, just to maximize my chances of watching TN lose :D

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Hmmmmm - you're right. Guess I better go to that game too, just to maximize my chances of watching TN lose :D

Enjoy! There was a post a few weeks ago wondering where Wisconsin and Minnesota talent went to play hoops (if not Wisconsin/Mad City) and Green Bay is one of those places. They've been good for years. Heck, their coach went to Michigan for a bit and came back for a second stint!

Reaction Score
The Terps' road to the FF is fraught with danger. Some of the danger is due to the teams Maryland will meet, some is due to a tendency to underperform in crunch time. Don't know if Muffet has Brenda's number, but ND never quits; the Terps do.
Seems unfair to Maryland. They've been to back to back FF's and I agree with those who think that ND will have a struggle getting by them if they meet.

I take the Terps seriously. I was at the game in The Garden and that win for us was never certain. It took Saniya's three to relax us at the end.

But if ND does get by Maryland I think that this is their best year to win it all since they beat us in the semi's in '11 (and then forgot how to beat an inferior opponent in the final).

I'm with everyone else on the UCONN side in believing that we will find a way to win it all again, and I don't buy into the argument that if had Turner played, the December game would have gone differently (with Turner in the game Mabrey 2 would not have been fed the ball each time down the court and Turner would have been forced to outdual Stewie, obviously not an easy task), but I think that this is better balanced ND team than the ones of the last two years (not more talented, better balanced).

It's a tournament so any of the 1's could get beaten along the way, but I think that this year it looks like the four favorites will get to play in Indy.

Reaction Score
Seems unfair to Maryland. They've been to back to back FF's and I agree with those who think that ND will have a struggle getting by them if they meet.

I take the Terps seriously. I was at the game in The Garden and that win for us was never certain. It took Saniya's three to relax us at the end.

But if ND does get by Maryland I think that this is their best year to win it all since they beat us in the semi's in '11 (and then forgot how to beat an inferior opponent in the final).

I'm with everyone else on the UCONN side in believing that we will find a way to win it all again, and I don't buy into the argument that if had Turner played, the December game would have gone differently (with Turner in the game Mabrey 2 would not have been fed the ball each time down the court and Turner would have been forced to outdual Stewie, obviously not an easy task), but I think that this is better balanced ND team than the ones of the last two years (not more talented, better balanced).

It's a tournament so any of the 1's could get beaten along the way, but I think that this year it looks like the four favorites will get to play in Indy.

Makes sense. I live in Maryland and have followed the team since about 1997. As you know I'm sure, they won one championship, that in 2006. Many excellent athletes have come through since then w/out another ring. Of course, rings are hard to get--we UConn fans are a bit spoiled. My conclusion is that a lot of talent has gone to waste. The Terps' pattern is to play well and look tough until a key game comes up. They lose that game. Why? I don't know, but I suspect it's a matter of character. Just as I admire ND for their tenacity, I'm regularly disappointed by Maryland's giving up when pushed. Even this year the Terps have the talent to go deep (and they may), but they'll probably find a way to lose in the end--just as we expect UConn to find a way to win.

Reaction Score
I'm not either, but I hope we don't end up facing USF for a fourth time. Only because one ream beating another four times in one season has never happened.
Alex, reams never beat each other as they are only stacks of paper. :D Now on to what I know you meant. As a fact you state no team has ever beat another four times in one season. I would like to add no team has ever won four consecutive national titles either. In order to do so you have to live by the mantra, BRING IT ON ! ANYONE, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME ! Anything less is for losers.
The women have the unique opportunity of setting three records in this tourney. The two we have mentioned and the continuance of their present winning streak. They also can once again be part of building a conference, this by facing South Florida which I hope they do. For it to happen it would mean SF knocked off a regional #2 & #3 seed or who upset them. Then on to hopefully play us, this is PR and national air time you cannot buy for the ACC. No back door trophies needed. GO LADY BULLS until they meet us. Always thought Lady Bulls were called Cows but that is a topic for another time. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom