Time to Ride Daniels? | The Boneyard

Time to Ride Daniels?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Deandre has been unstoppable of late. Inside, outside, at the line, doesn't matter. Would love to see him get more touches.

Agreed, plus he definitely wanted the ball at money time which is something we haven't seen out of him since the end of last season. The guards need to make a concerted effort to get him the ball more against Nova.

Reaction Score
I really do think his ankle injury was the catalyst for that slump we saw in February. He's moving great now and he seems much more confident. I like it.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
That 3 last night. Such testiculos, such intimidation, such trouble, such wow. So wow. So ready. Wow.

Reaction Score
Until he can do this consistantly, which he hasnt done yet in a UConn uniform, than i just dont trust riding him. His play has always been key to this season tho and we need him and Boat to continue to hit big shots.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I was just glad to see him drive the lane at the hoop for scores. He didn't go hard to the rim but still, he has the scoring touch working.

Lovin' it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He's coming around and at the right time.. There were two instances where he came off of a screen to drain a 3 pointer which totally surprised me. He's usually a pick and pop guy.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Visibility calling for the ball last night. Good to see. I prefer to move the ball around and get everyone involved. Each guy had his turn carrying the offense for a spell. If that can happen when Bazz is hot, we'll score enough to beat anyone.

Defense, rebounding, fouls, and a few TO',s and forced shots were the reason it was so close.

Reaction Score
We don't need to ride anyone. We have players at all 5 spots. Team ball.

Exactly right. But you could tell that KO saw he had it going and ran a few plays to get him an open shot down the stretch.. and he buried it.

Reaction Score
I like seeing DD get touches within the flow of the offense, but I think we could also post him up a bit more. He's been somewhat effective backing guys into the paint.

The problem, though, is his court vision and passing are lousy, so anytime someone brings a double, he turtles up and passes the ball back outside (rather than exploiting the defense and finding the open man).

Reaction Score
I like seeing DD get touches within the flow of the offense, but I think we could also post him up a bit more. He's been somewhat effective backing guys into the paint.

The problem, though, is his court vision and passing are lousy, so anytime someone brings a double, he turtles up and passes the ball back outside (rather than exploiting the defense and finding the open man).

His frame is just so thin that he can't really impose his will in the post. He has a nice little game in that area, but he has to rely on his height and length instead of strength. Defenders can push him off his spot and make him unsure of himself and like you said, turtle up and kick the ball back out.

Reaction Score

I don't think he has bad insticts, I just don't think he has a lot of game experience posting up, nor the strength, yet, to hold his position confidently. With a little more strength, and more experience in the post, I think he can improve that for next year.

pj

Reaction Score
What works is balance, we can't afford to ride any single player, but it was good to see Deandre getting aggressive.

What worked best was spreading the floor, Daniels and Giffey at the three point line, Brimah hanging near the basket, Bazz and Boat penetrating and drawing fouls, getting to the basket, feeding Brimah or Nolan underneath, or passing out to the 3 point shooters. After the pass out to a 3 point shooter, if the defender closes too quickly, Daniels or Giffey drive past the onrushing defender and to get numbers closer to the basket and make a pass.

Reaction Score
Remember when we collectively b*tched and moaned about "late season deandre " and "were was he?" Well he has arrived. But he is still far from consistent, he needs to establish a mismatch early. Love how he responded with that late block on euro Royce white

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom