Time to make Ollie the permanent HC | The Boneyard

Time to make Ollie the permanent HC

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Shaka Smart and Brad Stevens are not coming to UConn now that Louisville and Rutgers are gone and the league is in a death spiral. UConn may be able to live off the Calhoun legacy, but there is no way were are going to find a coach that is a material upgrade from Ollie at this point. And if the school waits to year end, Ollie may decide that he wants to be in a major conference.

caw

Reaction Score
Shaka Smart and Brad Stevens are not coming to UConn now that Louisville and Rutgers are gone and the league is in a death spiral. UConn may be able to live off the Calhoun legacy, but there is no way were are going to find a coach that is a material upgrade from Ollie at this point. And if the school waits to year end, Ollie may decide that he wants to be in a major conference.

I do believe it will come mid-season. I also don't think Ollie is going anywhere if UConn doesn't absolutely lowball him.

EDIT: I would prefer Manuel to hire him sooner rather than later of course. It doesn't much matter for 2013 recruiting as long as the contract is in place before spring signing period starts for recruits.

Reaction Score
I have to agree with most of this. There is so much instability with the program and conference right now, Manuel has to do what he can to give a little stability for recruiting. I get it, he doesn't want to look weak like the bball program made our previous esteemed AD look, but at some point he has to blink. This power struggle is getting ridiculous.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I have to agree with most of this. There is so much instability with the program and conference right now, Manuel has to do what he can to give a little stability for recruiting. I get it, he doesn't want to look weak like the bball program made our previous esteemed AD look, but at some point he has to blink. This power struggle is getting ridiculous.

Every decision Manuel has made has been the wrong one. Herbst has to take over here and get Ollie signed.

Reactions: caw
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01