Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
However, not if you're a UConn fan.

Tweet from GamecokTickets
Today for Gamecock Club. Monday for public buyers, except UConn

https://twitter.com/gamecocktickets

So Carolina has 10K+ season ticket sales.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Tickets for all games, except UCONN, go on sale to the public on Monday. If you're in the Gamecock Club, our athletic booster club, then you can purchase today.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Guess I'm just a conspiracy theorist :) However, why withhold tickets for the UConn Game?

Reaction Score
Guess I'm just a conspiracy theorist :) However, why withhold tickets for the UConn Game?
Maybe to package with other games that don't sell out?
Maybe to sell locally, in line with your conspiracy theory (a la Rutgers)?

Reaction Score
The last team to shield UCONN fans from buying tickets, did not do very well.........GOOD luck!!

Reaction Score
Actually they do it to encourage people to join the Gamecock Club. If you pay thousands of dollars a year to join a booster club you should get favored treatment a sporting events for doing so don't you think? They aren't doing it to block UConn fans from getting tickets.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Believe this just means the UCONN game tix will NOT go on sale Monday - nothing to do with whether you're a UCONN fan.
Well obviously that's what the sentence means. However, they are infact not allowing UConn fans (or any other fans for that matter) to buy tickets for that game given I doubt there are UConn fans or any non Gamecock fans that are in the Gamecock Club. Considering the number of season tickets they sold (kudos to them by the way) the only seats that will be available by the time they go up for sale to the public will probably be pretty terrible. Might as well stay home and watch on TV; you'd likely see more of the game that way and won't be surrounded by garnet & black.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Or perhaps some of our Gamecock friends who are members of the Gamecock Club would be willing to buy on behalf of a UConn fan, if someone was really wanting to attend the game in person ..............

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Or perhaps some of our Gamecock friends who are members of the Gamecock Club would be willing to buy on behalf of a UConn fan, if someone was really wanting to attend the game in person ....
Ha! When you are trying to slay goliath I don't think you give a crap whether his buddies have tickets to the show. Could be wrong, but I'm gonna say fat chance.

Reaction Score
You can still buy general admission season tickets for $30 a head. Don't know if that includes the handicap accessible sections though.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

They're not withholding them, they're only selling them to Gamecock Club members right now. You can always join the Gamecock Club and buy them.

BTW, 12,000 of the 18,000 tickets are general admission (for WBB) so getting a good seat will depend on getting to the arena early if you get a GA ticket. There are some lower level sections that are GA. Even the lower rows in the upper deck are good seats.

As far as season ticket sales are concerned, it looks like we'll be well over 11,000 before the season starts. I'm hoping we can beat UT's avg attendance record from 2007-08, which was 15,796. Our season ticket numbers don't include students.

Last edited:

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score

Like RedRooster said, it's to encourage people to join the Gamecock Club. Gamecock Club members and season ticket purchasers already have access to tickets for the UCONN game.

The UCONN game will go on sale to the public very soon and when it does it won't be to just Gamecock fans (obvi). We don't play in a small gym, our arena seats 18,000 and the entire lower deck and most of the upper give you a great view of the action.

When the game goes on sale, buy that day. There will be plenty of GA tickets for UCONN fans. Get there early for a great seat behind your team. I predict this game will sell out eventually, maybe not the day tickets go on sale, but way before the time of the game.

Reaction Score
Or perhaps some of our Gamecock friends who are members of the Gamecock Club would be willing to buy on behalf of a UConn fan, if someone was really wanting to attend the game in person ....
You mean commit treason?! Some do. For men's games we've had more Kentucky fans in our own building it seems several times the last few years. It would be more difficult for a Women's game though because WBB is the hottest ticket in town right now. But some will sell.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
You mean commit treason?! Some do. For men's games we've had more Kentucky fans in our own building it seems several times the last few years. It would be more difficult for a Women's game though because WBB is the hottest ticket in town right now. But some will sell.

Just an opportunity to extend that famous Southern hospitality! I've had nice visits to South Carolina - my niece is a USC grad and was married there.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
there's going to be thousands of sad faces after the game

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Like RedRooster said, it's to encourage people to join the Gamecock Club. Gamecock Club members and season ticket purchasers already have access to tickets for the UCONN game.

The UCONN game will go on sale to the public very soon and when it does it won't be to just Gamecock fans (obvi). We don't play in a small gym, our arena seats 18,000 and the entire lower deck and most of the upper give you a great view of the action.

When the game goes on sale, buy that day. There will be plenty of GA tickets for UCONN fans. Get there early for a great seat behind your team. I predict this game will sell out eventually, maybe not the day tickets go on sale, but way before the time of the game.

If I might add, other than the first 3 or 4 rows, the section behind the visitor's bench contains assigned season ticket seats. the GA seats are in other parts of the lower level, maybe just along the baselines.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
If I might add, other than the first 3 or 4 rows, the section behind the visitor's bench contains assigned season ticket seats. the GA seats are in other parts of the lower level, maybe just along the baselines.
That information is helpful.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Season Tickets are now sold out and we set aside 4500 student tickets for MBB, so it's probably the same for WBB. The arena seats 18,000 so there may not be any tickets left after Gamecock Club members purchase individual seats. I think we always set aside 1000 tickets for walk up GA sales for WBB on Game day so either that or Stub Hub will be the options for tickets. See you guys in February.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Wow, CLA may sell out a few times this season. The demand is impressive.

If the ticket office wasn't so hellbent on ensuring there are always tickets available on the day of a game I bet the UCONN game would already be sold out. It will be a fun time. I think there will be a great crowd for the Ohio State game, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom