Tickets for Storrs

Status
Not open for further replies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Am I missing something, or are they not on sale

Reaction Score
Don't they have to have a named opponent before they print the tickets?

No. They sold tickets to the Final four every year without knowing who will participate.

Reaction Score
UConn will not officially be named a NCAA first and second round home site until Monday.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
And we don't know if they are Friday-Sunday or Saturday-Monday games till then either.

Reaction Score
UConn is emailing tickets out next Wednesday to subscribers who ordered tickets in advance.

Reaction Score
Ticket orders for subscribers were taken a month or so ago via an email sent to us. There's nothing on the UConn Athletic or the NCAA websites about ticket sales for the first rounds. There is a link on the NCAA site to get an email update. Like mikejays indicates above, the selections are made Monday night. You may want to call the ticket office Monday afternoon and ask about the procedure? They're normally pretty helpful.

www.ncaa.com/tickets/basketball-women/d1

Reaction Score
I know that everyone knows that they are in, but no team is permitted to issue tickets until the NCAA officially announces that they are in. That is the rule that has been in effect as long as I remember. Bureaucracy doing its job, I suppose.

Reaction Score
Does the AAC winner automatically gets a bid? is that why folks assume UConn makes the tournament?

Reaction Score
Does the AAC winner automatically gets a bid? is that why folks assume UConn makes the tournament?
all kidding aside, any media coverage of the announced seedings? (this being the women's, not men's tournament)

Reaction Score
Tickets on sale. Cheap enough - both rounds for $45. Just hope the Monday game isn't at 9:30 pm!

Reaction Score
My wife and I opted not to get season tickets this year for the first time in awhile, so we didn't get advance notice on tournament tickets, but I did call their ticket office yesterday morning. The woman I talked to indicated that there would be lots of seats available, that it wasn't a sellout and that the tickets would go on sale this AM (Tuesday) so I should check their online site then. Being somewhat impatient and thinking that the online site might be operational as soon as the brackets were announced Monday night I went into the site at 8:00 PM last night. Sure enough it was up and taking orders...however, I soon discovered that the entire lower section is sold out and the upper sections have a limited number of seats, but they are well up in the stratosphere. The upper sections with bench seats are are readily available, but I sat on those once about 15 years ago and don't relish doing it again, so it's on the couch in the family room for me.

Reaction Score
Frodo, I would look on the map on the website. If you don't mind the corner, looks like there are some decent seatback seats. Getting only one, I got really a nice upper seat! Also, if you do the package, try it a few times as the seats don't show on the map and sometimes you get better seats on later tries.

Reaction Score
Frodo, I would look on the map on the website. If you don't mind the corner, looks like there are some decent seatback seats. Getting only one, I got really a nice upper seat! Also, if you do the package, try it a few times as the seats don't show on the map and sometimes you get better seats on later tries.

Actually, I did fool around a bit on the map. There were a few seats in the upper section near midcoast, but in the last 3-4 rows and neither of us wanted to be that far up, especially my wife.

One of the reasons we dropped our season tickets was that we had gotten moved further and further into the corner, particularly so at the XL Center, where we were well beyond the baseline. Several years ago we were behind the UConn bench, toward the corner but still not way outside the baseline...those were okay. Then we spent a few years behind the visitors bench about 12 rows up, but inside the baseline...those were better. But the last couple of years our seats began to get worse and worse until we were 20-30 outside the baseline. Last year our seats at the XL were almost on the floor, but so far beyond the baseline that the game was unwatchable when the play was at the other end of the court....I found myself watching the game on the big screen and that told me it was time to stay home and watch it on our big screen.

Reaction Score
Wow, I live too far away to consider being a season ticket holder, Frodo, but I'm sorry for you. Usually, season ticket holders improve their position through longevity, not the reverse. Somebody seems to be playing a game with the loyal folks here. Sorry.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Stub Hub is not listing any lower (or upper0 seats yet
But just wait
Probably all sorts of lower seats will turn up (at a fancy price).
What a rip-off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom