Thursday night in Maryland | The Boneyard

Thursday night in Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
About 20 of us from Bristol are heading down to the Maryland game. We are planning on getting there late Thursday morning. A few of us are Packer fans and are going to want to watch the game that night. Does anyone have any ideas on bars / restaurants that you can recommend. We will be staying in College Park. Anyone is welcome to join us if they would like. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Reaction Score
No good places to watch the game in college park (unless there is a new place that has opened since I have been there last). I would go to Baltimore or DC to watch the game.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Also - College Park is right on the DC metro - can just hop in to DC real easy.

Reaction Score
You may want to try Looney's Pub in College Park. This is a great sports bar. This location recently opened and the original is in Baltimore, one in Bel Air and one in Fulton.mm

Reaction Score
It is sounding like this may be one I our biggest road showings

Reaction Score
You may want to try Looney's Pub in College Park. This is a great sports bar. This location recently opened and the original is in Baltimore, one in Bel Air and one in Fulton.mm
Thanks. Looney's Pub sounds perfect. Hoping for a Packer/ UConn sweep that weekend. That might not top the Notre Dame trip, but it would be close. Anyone from the boneyard that is down on Thursday is more than welcome to join us. Can't wait

Reaction Score
That Looney's is where Edsall does his radio show during the season.

Reaction Score
That Looney's is where Edsall does his radio show during the season.

i really wish i could make this trip because i'd love to sit at the bar while he's doing his radio show wearing the blue and white.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
i really wish i could make this trip because i'd love to sit at the bar while he's doing his radio show wearing the blue and white.
I can just imagine the sponsors for Edsall's meal during the radio broadcast. "This evening's dinner for our radio team and Coach Edsall was provided by Wonder Bread and Uncle Ben".

Reaction Score
I can just imagine the sponsors for Edsall's meal during the radio broadcast. "This evening's dinner for our radio team and Coach Edsall was provided by Wonder Bread and Uncle Ben".
A person in our party ( i am not going to mention his name) was a ct high school football coach. He had RE recruit some of his players. He has always been uncomplimentary of RE. Some of the things RE said and did after some of his players did not chose UConn were horrific. Even though he is a UConn fan he never liked RE. It would be great if RE's radio show was on the Thursday night that all of us UConn fans are there. I can't wait for this game.

Reaction Score
ESPN's Scott Van Pelt (SVP) is a UMD grad and mentions this place RJ Bentley's in College Park all the time...if you are in that area might be worth checking out.

Reaction Score
FYI, according to the University of Maryland football web-site Randy Edsall's radio show before the UConn game is being held at the Original Ledo's restaurant in College Park Thursday Sept 13th 7-8 PM, not Looney's pub.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
What's Randy doin painting the town black?

Reaction Score
Ledo's is a pizza restaurant. Maybe Looney's didn't do enough business on Thursday nights.

Reaction Score
We went to Coach Franklin's UCONN/Vanderbilt pregame radio show last season, the only two UCONN fans there. Coach Franklin was very cool, chatted with us on his way out. Average age of Vandy fan there: 65.

Curious to see what kind of crowd Randy draws. Let's see if UCONN fans outnumber MD fans (unless there's a great pizza and beer deal to draw the students....)

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
if u guys pack that place it would be awesome! imagine the write ups about it fuming about uconn fans all over the place that weekend just owning the terps fan base which is at that point in the closet and done with RE after a tough start to the season...

should i put this thread in with the md thread??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom