Three round WNBA Mock Draft | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Three round WNBA Mock Draft

Reaction Score
Yeah I can't agree with my Gamecock brethren here. Brink is by far more mobile than Cardoso. Cardoso has good straight line speed but that's about it. She doesn't have the ability to change directions as quick as Brink. I do agree with my Gamecock brethren that she is more mobile than McCowan and Brown.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Yeah I can't agree with my Gamecock brethren here. Brink is by far more mobile than Cardoso. Cardoso has good straight line speed but that's about it. She doesn't have the ability to change directions as quick as Brink. I do agree with my Gamecock brethren that she is more mobile than McCowan and Brown.
+1. Cardoso's strength is her ability to create space under the basket without fouling, to be money from 3-5 ft out, and to be extremely mobile - for a 6'7 center. Brink is much more a power forward in the mold of a Stewie / 4-5, so I don't even see them as filling the same need. And the awesome part is: both teams that draft them will be extremely lucky!

Reaction Score
+1. Cardoso's strength is her ability to create space under the basket without fouling, to be money from 3-5 ft out, and to be extremely mobile - for a 6'7 center. Brink is much more a power forward in the mold of a Stewie / 4-5, so I don't even see them as filling the same need. And the awesome part is: both teams that draft them will be extremely lucky!
Or the same team could draft them :p

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
That being said, having a McCowan career is nothing to sneeze at. She's averaged close to a double double since she entered the league despite averaging just 23mpg. There have been plenty of times when she has looked dominant.

Reaction Score
Much like what Dawn did at SC, teams need to have players with a variety of skills. IE Tiera is DOMINANT when her opponent doesn’t have a big girl who can match her physicality or height.

Reaction Score
Cardoso is a lot more mobile/agile than either McCowan or Brown.
She sure is. She runs the floor so well and she has awesome hands.

Truthfully, I don't think we ever got to see how dominant Kamila could be. She played on talent laden teams and she only played one year without Boston.

Like, SC was so loaded in the post that Cardoso came off the bench until she was a senior. That's insane.

Reaction Score
Yeah I'm relatively high on Cardoso. I love the nickname Dawn Staley gave her even though I don't really think it stuck. She was their "separator". I remember when SC played at UConn her junior year, UConn was doing well until she came into the game. I don't remember her numbers , it probably wasn't too monstrous but her impact was crazy. She also did foul out on a weak call + technical, and kinda broke down crying. Its kinda like the sec tournament, the full cardoso experience lol. But I don't think she moves great defensively, like laterally. I mean pick and rolls are rough for like 90 percent of bigs and I think she struggles a bit with it. But I think she'll do well and will make a team better.

Reaction Score
Thank you. I thought I was in bizarro world there for a minute. Brink is a gazelle, one of the quicker bigs up and down the floor I've ever seen.
Gazelle? Let's not get carried away. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom