Thoughts on UConn recruiting from Louisville's Walz's World Forum | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Thoughts on UConn recruiting from Louisville's Walz's World Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Warren Buffet is a billionaire, 66 times over.
By his/her logic, well let me just do some hopefully basic math.

Buffet's net worth - $66 Billion. That's $66,000,000,000.

Let's be super generous and assume his/her net worth is $1 million (that's $1,000,000). That means Buffet is 6,600 X more wealthy. If we use the UCONN vs. USF/Temple analogy, if either of them were to score only 10 points in an entire game, UCONN would need to score 66,000 points for the analogy to work.

I realize that there was some snarky back and forth, and I apologize for that. But the fact remains that UCONN is not 6,600 times better than USF or Temple. To imply that, sarcastic or not, is silly, wrong, and just plain dumb.

Now, if s/he'd said UCONN was like Bill Gates, USF was like Sergey Brin, and Temple like Charles Ergen, I might have gotten on board! ;) (BTW I looked up Forbes top 50 richest people and took Sergey at #20 and Charles at #43...!)

JS

Reaction Score
Gentlemen, kindly take your cue from the post deletions and edits and drop the peeing match.

Otherwise the next stop is excluding people from the thread, which I'd rather not do.

Thanks.

Reaction Score
I used RPI because it was the easiest for me. Actually the NCAA does use it to determine the relative strength of teams. The AAC is 7th in conference RPI, even with UConn.

Or would you rather me pull out the Massey or Sagarin point differences, which do predict the likely winner and which will stuff your argument further into the toilet? The AAC is a poor women's basketball league, and their future will be weaker as teams escape to greener pastures (and you better hope that UConn is among them).
The AAC in their first 2 years of basketball have won 3 of the 4 basketball NC.By the way those 3 are in Storrs,Connecticut!

Reaction Score
By his/her logic, well let me just do some hopefully basic math.

Buffet's net worth - $66 Billion. That's $66,000,000,000.

Let's be super generous and assume his/her net worth is $1 million (that's $1,000,000). That means Buffet is 6,600 X more wealthy. If we use the UCONN vs. USF/Temple analogy, if either of them were to score only 10 points in an entire game, UCONN would need to score 66,000 points for the analogy to work.

I realize that there was some snarky back and forth, and I apologize for that. But the fact remains that UCONN is not 6,600 times better than USF or Temple. To imply that, sarcastic or not, is silly, wrong, and just plain dumb.

Now, if s/he'd said UCONN was like Bill Gates, USF was like Sergey Brin, and Temple like Charles Ergen, I might have gotten on board! ;) (BTW I looked up Forbes top 50 richest people and took Sergey at #20 and Charles at #43...!)

Peace friend. :) Although I must point out that the AAC getting only 2 teams into the tournament damages your argument a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom