Thoughts from the Student Section: Conn 93, SCSU 65 | The Boneyard

Thoughts from the Student Section: Conn 93, SCSU 65

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm gonna try to do this for every game; for fun. I'll give an analysis of the game and what I thought of each player. Anyways, I know it was D-II Southern, but I thought the offense played incredible. We did very well in the half court, not something I can recall seeing in UConn recently. Free throw shootin was rather poor, to say the least. Defense was good, held them to around 30% I believe? Rebounding still needs improvement, but at least we have bigger bodies to throw down there now. Transition game was solid, the alley oops were beautiful!

Napier: didn't do too much, but at the same time didn't get a lot of time and clearly doesn't need to prove anything in an exhibition. No worries about him, obviously.

Boatright: seemed a lot more in control wen attacking the lane, which is big for his maturity. Also dropped 5 or so assists and played solidly on the defensive end, but no so much transition d. Once again, nothing of pressing concern.

Giffey: Got a lot of open 3s, unfortunate that a couple rimmed out. Threw down a nice dunk and overall played well on both ends.

Daniels: virtually unstoppable on offense, and grabbed 10 boards. Really stood out when he was on the court. Defense was a little susceptible, Langston took him a couple times. Turnovers were bad, too especially the one where he stood still for like ten seconds before throwing it away. More positive than negative, though.

Olander: got a lot of good natured hate from the student section. Didn't get a lot of to due to Brimah's emergence, and didn't exactly do a stellar job on the glass when he was. Ok, but room to improve.

Samuel: looked strong going to the rim, bringing the ball up, and on ball defense. Didn't do a lot of distribution, but played pretty well on both sides of the ball.

Kromah: had a tremendous steal and overall played good on and off ball defense. Showed som amazing pg skils wth bringing the ball up and dishing out 5 assists. Didn't like the free throw stroke, but this we one game.

Calhoun: didn't look great on the perimeter, but did a good job going at the teeth of the defense. Hip looked okay, as far as I can tell.

Tolksdorf: Hit a couple nice threes, not much else to say.

Facey: kind of disappointed me with his lack of offense, and he didn't do anything the stood out on d. Ran the floor well and did a lot of pick and roll with Samuel.

Nolan: Started strong, especially on offense and the glass, them cooled down a little, then played we again during the second half. Definitely played with a good level of swagger and confidence.

Brimah: can say enough about him: ran the floor like a gazelle, showed a nice post hook and good hands. Incredible on d with those blocks, and he attacked the glass well. Definitely the most impressive, relative to expectations. Communicated very well; definitely knows enough English to constantly be yelling on the defensive end. Did a good job with help defense. Know it was a d II opponent, but he did great. Already a fan favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom