Thoughts from the RAC | The Boneyard

Thoughts from the RAC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Don't mean to be a but for what is supposed to be a real tough place it wasn't exactly a crazy place.

Their student section was AWFUL only the first two rows or so even bothered to stand.

They had 7 cheerleaders included 1 dude who seemed like he would have rather been anywhere else in the entire world.

All in all not very impressed and that place needs massive upgrades to not be horribly out of place in the big 10.

Reaction Score
That was the worst RAC environment I've seen in my three trips. Plenty of Uconn fans up in the 300s. We represented very well tonight.

Reaction Score
The place looks like like a concentration camp from the outside.

Reaction Score
The RAC used to be a great home court for Rutgers. Unfortunately, when you haven't made the NCAA tourney since 1991 and have had 7 losing seasons in a row, the fans are now either gone or comatose. It's hard to believe given that Rutgers is the state university of New Jersey and the largest public flagship closest to NYC. If any school is a sleeping giant in basketball it is Rutgers. But, as we all know, Rutgers is not committed to winning and has no winning tradition, so....

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
This is the same venue that drew 300-something people earlier this year. Rutgers being Rutgers.

Reaction Score
Another thought: Why the hell do they have two separate mascots? Like, there was a goofy cartoonish knight and then there was a dude all decked out in armor and a cape just kind of creeping and toting a sword. That made very little sense to me.

Reaction Score
It's basically a high school gym. Places like that can be tough to play at if you get down. Fortunately for us we have always owned that building. UConn fans filled at least 30-40 percent of the seats. Nice pick B1G

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Another thought: Why the hell do they have two separate mascots? Like, there was a goofy cartoonish knight and then there was a dude all decked out in armor and a cape just kind of creeping and toting a sword. That made very little sense to me.
No worries, they're not much of fighters at RU

monty-python-and-the-holy-grail.jpg

Reaction Score
Was there last night, I was excited to see a real hostile college basketball environment. Wore all my UConn gear and was ready to represent. Lets just say, I was very disappointed...

1. It was a "black out" which isn't even their colors, they gave away the GD black shirts and they still couldn't do it right.
2. The home fans sat on their ass all night, even the student sections.
3. Student section cardboard cutouts were sooooo weak, created by pasting together a bunch of printer paper. Not even a good printer.
4. Two mascots...Lame.
5. They have the most beautiful parking lot I have ever seen, that leads to this dump. Here's some advice, use the money to improve the RAC, people don't care where you park.
6. I always cringe when I see banners in the rafters from teams that made the NIT and NCAA...It kind of sends the message: "Look, we are just happy to be here."
7. They had two pom pom girls in the band, they were not cheerleaders and they didn't play an instrument, that bothered me.
8. It's a blackout, the band wore red.

Not impressed with the RAC

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Saying the RAC is a tough place to play is put out there so people have something nice to say about the RU basketball program. How's RU? Well, the RAC can be a tough place to play.

See how that works? It's only 'tough' because you would think they would lose every game by 20. Because they happen to win a few, it's must the building.

caw

Reaction Score

At least some of those say "Champions" and are when the NIT was still relevant. I think UConn has some that are from when the NIT wasn't even relevant.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This is the same venue that drew 300-something people earlier this year. Rutgers being Rutgers.

Yeah, and they say UConn means nothing to them.

Reaction Score
At least the Providence ones are all consolidated on one banner and they have championship banners up. Look at this crap!
857a.jpg
Those are the Women's banners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member