AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
up four samuel pulled up for 3... repeat samuel pulled up for 3....:eek:

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
I
The Commentators were awful...I still cant comprehend this offense we run.. One thing I really liked which is so minor but we never do it, is Nolan catching the ball outside the arc and swinging it. Every team has a big catch the ball out there and move it. It opens up the paint and the big defender doesnt feel comfortable out there. But we havent done it all year...

liked they reminded me Samuels has not made a 3 this season.

Reaction Score
Brimahs was not even close to a flagrant... Not biased at all on that... It was pretty similar to Deandre Daniels block at MSG in the tourney last year, all ball then fell on the landing on top of the player.. I think Godfrey wasnt trying to be excessive on his but because of the speed of that purvis was going and directly from behind him it made it way worst and most refs are going to call that... The issue I had with officiating last night was fouls late in the game on boatright. He moved his feet into position and got called for one by memphis bench, then got called for the one off brimahs block (that one couldve got hand though, the angle was only shown once). But then Nolan gets called for a ticky tack on 5 ft behind the 3 which was questionable. All resetting the shot clock. I dont think the T on memphis was the right call, I think refs had a better chance at giving it before the ball was being inbounded/ shouldve warned both teams....
It was like the refs were like "oh crap we've called way more fouls on Memphis quick call EVERYTHING on UConn..

Reaction Score
The problem is, in the intervening 30 minutes, particularly in the second half, it only looked like we dominated. We controlled play for the first 12-15 minutes of the second half, but in that period, our biggest lead was 4 points.

The urgency to push that lead to 10 and put the game away was never there.
I mean we out scored them by 17 in that stretch. Fairly dominant.

Dribbles

Mrs. Dribbles
Reaction Score
I'm not trying to absolve the team or Ollie of that weak performance, especially the woeful shooting percentage and poorly run offense. But I will say that Memphis got really lucky. As poorly as UConn played, they still would have won if Memphis hadn't hit an abnormally large number of shots they "shouldn't" have made. Shots off the backboard, long, contested jumpers made by average shooters, and worst of all, a contested, midrange jumper from Shaq Goodwin that bounced off the rim 4 times before going on.

UConn probably should have won by 4 or 5 points with a modicum of good luck. They didn't get it. Now, you shouldn't have to rely on luck to beat this crap Memphis team at home, but still.

Yeah, Memphis got real lucky. With only TWO triips to the foul line they didn't exhaust themselves as we did with TWENTY TWO trips. Sheesh!

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
The morning after....and just our luck, we forgot to get money from the ATM and can't give her taxi money to go home. Oh, and we'll never call her again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom