Thoughts from a BYU fan | The Boneyard

Thoughts from a BYU fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It sucks waking up after a loss, but as a BYU fan, I saw some things from UConn last night that tells me you might have a better team than many are giving UConn credit for.

Your secondary was solid, and I don't remember BYU connecting on anything over the top. BYU was pretty much limited to underneath stuff in the passing game, and fortunately for us Hill connected at a high rate and was able to keep the chains moving. A 75%+ completion rate is an abberation that you won't see very often.

The two first quarter turnovers dug a big hole. A little bit better ball control, and the game is tied at the end of 1 instead of being 14-0. Add back the 9 points your coach gave away on foregone field goal attempts, and this very easily could have been a one touchdown game.

Your DL seems pretty solid, especially at the nose. You shut down BYU's interior run game and got a push on the QB with some frequency from the inside.

Boise should be very beatable for you. I hate the 2 qb rotation. BYU tried that a couple of years ago, and it was a major contributing factor in our ex-OC losing his job. It rarely works.

Good luck the rest of the season. I think you may be surprised by this team by the end of the year.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
It sucks waking up after a loss, but as a BYU fan, I saw some things from UConn last night that tells me you might have a better team than many are giving UConn credit for.

Your secondary was solid, and I don't remember BYU connecting on anything over the top. BYU was pretty much limited to underneath stuff in the passing game, and fortunately for us Hill connected at a high rate and was able to keep the chains moving. A 75%+ completion rate is an abberation that you won't see very often.

The two first quarter turnovers dug a big hole. A little bit better ball control, and the game is tied at the end of 1 instead of being 14-0. Add back the 9 points your coach gave away on foregone field goal attempts, and this very easily could have been a one touchdown game.

Your DL seems pretty solid, especially at the nose. You shut down BYU's interior run game and got a push on the QB with some frequency from the inside.

Boise should be very beatable for you. I hate the 2 qb rotation. BYU tried that a couple of years ago, and it was a major contributing factor in our ex-OC losing his job. It rarely works.

Good luck the rest of the season. I think you may be surprised by this team by the end of the year.

Thanks ChaseP. BYU, very simply put, had bigger, stronger, faster players. Hopefully by the time we return trip to you guys, we will have those type of players on our roster too. I thought our guys played hard for 4 quarters but couldn't stop Hill at all. That kid is a very special QB. I'll be rooting for you guys the rest of the way. When you get your 1st team players back from suspension, you guys will be VERY tough to beat. Good luck this season!

Reaction Score

Thanks, I agree with your analysis, which gives me hope. I wish BYU lots of success this season. You have a good team and a terrific quarterback.

Reaction Score

Pretty solid analysis that I can't help but agree with. UConn isn't going to see an offense like this for the rest of the season. Mobile QB's have always scared me as a UConn. Always seems to be our Achilles heal (see Pat White, Denard Robinson). Hill is a true threat every time he has the ball and I hope BYU can play that well against everyone for the rest of the season. Good Luck BYU!

Reaction Score
Hey Chase,

We will be rooting for you! Would love for BYU to stick it to the P5!

Reaction Score
Chase,

Well said. Quality post. Tell Taysom to leave early at the end of the year so we don't have try to bottle that rocket next year.

Reaction Score
Hallelujah!!!! Everyone on the Boneyard needs to read this thread. I'm surprised were 2 days post loss and the place hasn't burned down yet.

Reaction Score

Thanks for the encouragement. I too will be rooting for BYU. If you guys are looking for a conference, we would love to have you in the American! Come on over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom