This Season and the Future | The Boneyard

This Season and the Future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So here comes the future. Before all that though, I'll start by first admitting i was wrong. I would have never hired Ollie to begin with. No need for excuses as to why now but suffice it to say i'm happy about our coach. All ten toes in and i'm not taking the escalator.

The team this year should be in the tournament. I've seen a lot of teams play and it's been a long time since i've seen a team this unflappable. As basketball fan i want to see them in games that matter, i want to see them in that sweet trial by fire that as a UConn fan i know in my heart they could fight, claw and will their way through. If I ever see emmeret i'm going to punch that potato headed fool in the nuts.

Right, now about the future. History will not be kind to College athletics. There is only so far that greed can take you, and we are at a point where there is no pretense anymore all leagues that 'matter' are driven by money. Content creates value, not the other way around. The ideals of academics, amateurism and a standard of parity are words printed on the toilet paper rolls in the big 5 league offices.

Our place in this transitional time has been for a variety of reasons(many of them coincidental) tough. There is still a good possibility we won't end up in a good place. I'm not as worried as i was before though. I can point you to numbers or figures or maybe talk about history and tradition but really it all comes down to this: the school i love will play the sport i love. This team made me realize that and that's special. i know in the grand scheme of things that it may be a footnote or in the future people will say this season didn't matter. But i say they played for something. I will always remember that one year in Storrs CT UConn played for pride and love of the game. Winners in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22
Top Bottom