This pic is so awesome | Page 2 | The Boneyard

This pic is so awesome

Reaction Score
Agreed. A lot of his game is very NBA friendly already and his shot from deep shows a lot of potential to be very good. Only thing he doesn't have is elite athleticism.
Not comparing him to Brunson. Brunson surely isn't an elite athlete and is shorter than Newton. Defintly different types of game but both can score in crowded places in the paint. Obviously Newton will have to improve his shot but he can definitely carve out a spot in the NBA with his size, ability to rebound, assist, his moxxy and ability to score inside as well as make jumpers,

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Not comparing him to Brunson. Brunson surely isn't an elite athlete and is shorter than Newton. Defintly different types of game but both can score in crowded places in the paint. Obviously Newton will have to improve his shot but he can definitely carve out a spot in the NBA with his size, ability to rebound, assist, his moxxy and ability to score inside as well as make jumpers,
Austin Reaves is the comp for Tristen.

Reaction Score
My grandson took me to the first game in Nov. and the plan was to go inside early to take advantage of the mismatch.
Newton seemed inconsequential to the game . At Storrs they post running stats
I told my grandson to watch Number 2 ‘s stat line as the game progresses. He kills you without you being aware of it much of the time .
He is a ” The Quiet Assasssin “ until he has to really step it up . Saturday was 9 assists in a game where Castle and Clingan shined
Monday he took the game over . He is an amazing player. Often overlooked is he can also play D .

Reaction Score
Austin Reaves is the comp for Tristen.
Austin Reaves I don't see it but I wasn't comparing his to Brunson as I was just talking about athletic ability. They are both crafty with the ball. I don't really see that with Austin Reaves. Reaves is a better shooter than Tristen while not as good with the ball and doesn't have Newtons ability to rebound for a guard. Also, I think Newton is a lot better defender than Reaves who is awful and is the reason why you can't play him at times.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Austin Reaves I don't see it but I wasn't comparing his to Brunson as I was just talking about athletic ability. They are both crafty with the ball. I don't really see that with Austin Reaves.
Austin Reaves is all craft and change-of-pace. It's why he gets to the line so often and is so good at creating separation for floaters & mid-range stuff.

Reaction Score
Austin Reaves is all craft and change-of-pace. It's why he gets to the line so often and is so good at creating separation for floaters & mid-range stuff.
Ok let's agree to disagree. Reaves is not a player I would want Tristen to play like. He also sucks on defense to where you can't play him at times.

Reaction Score
Is Newton the best 2-year player we've ever had? (Yes, I know coming in as a senior instead of as a freshman makes a difference, but still.)

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Comparisons to current NBA players aside; considering TN's size and shooting ability I see no reason why in today's NBA he can't contribute a few quality backup minutes each game at the one, two and three.

I've been baffled for more than a year on his projections of going undcrafted last year (big win for us) and much of what I saw this year until recently.

The one comp to Brunson that I will make is that he will turn out to be far more if an NBA player than the draft gurus, who were blinded by whatever, could comprehend.

Reaction Score
Do you have the high res version of this photo? Id like to do something similar
Unfortunately I don’t I had a couple of prints made but res is low. too bad. Still very indicative snapshot of one for all team mentality that drove their success

Reaction Score
That second picture is awesome. Speaks volumes about the players and program.

Love that picture

Reaction Score
Unfortunately I don’t I had a couple of prints made but res is low. too bad. Still very indicative snapshot of one for all team mentality that drove their success
Got ya. Ok thanks for the response

Reaction Score
Honestly, that second one has me tearing up a bit.
Can certainly understand why. First, it highlights in a quick photo shot the unselfish teamwork that encompassed this team the entire season. But more than that it shows three for sure and more than likely all four who will not be here next year.

Reaction Score
I agree, was watching Knicks Celt’s and have watched a number of other Kick games. Tristen compares favorably to Jalen in athletic juice.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
The boys are having fun…as they should! (Photos by Jim Michaud/Hearst Connecticut Media)

IMG_3037.jpeg
IMG_3036.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom