This is a team with a tournament style of play | The Boneyard

This is a team with a tournament style of play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Every game seems to have a March style. That's as in "survive and move on". Can look no further than to the next opponent.

Not pretty or impressive, but its a win and UConn is accustomed to winning. To me its best to look at the results with this team, and not the details of the victory. Its almost February, so other than getting hot, this team is who we are for the season. So I say just win the next game!

Reaction Score
After getting our doors blown off three times by UL and still winning it all, anything is possible

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Every game seems to have a March style. That's as in "survive and move on". Can look no further than to the next opponent.

Not pretty or impressive, but its a win and UConn is accustomed to winning. To me its best to look at the results with this team, and not the details of the victory. Its almost February, so other than getting hot, this team is who we are for the season. So I say just win the next game!

Love the enthusiasm and would love to agree 100% BUT I don't like that UConn consistently plays only up to the competition. I believe one blowout victory could do wonders for this team.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

Love the enthusiasm and would love to agree 100% BUT I don't like that UConn consistently plays only up to the competition. I believe one blowout victory could do wonders for this team.
yeah, although we didn't beat texas we had them beat and i still believe we would've beaten duke if the fouls/ft were closer... all that said if we can hit freethrows, have someone else help boat out consistently, and limit the turnovers we'll be good

Reaction Score
I hope your right but right now they are not playing VG BB. I believe UCONN looked better earlier in the season. Team ranking prediction states we have only 27% chance of winning 2o regular season games or more. With 7 of our last 12 games on the road, UCONN needs to win 9 games to get to 20 wins. A very tough task.

Reaction Score
yeah, although we didn't beat texas we had them beat and i still believe we would've beaten duke if the fouls/ft were closer... all that said if we can hit freethrows, have someone else help boat out consistently, and limit the turnovers we'll be good
You have listed three things that would make us good. It takes very good to make the show. This is a tough year after a very good one...

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
that's the goal, but we miss far too many free throws and have too many unforced errors at this point

this eternal optimist is being tested

I think we can improve on the TO's, I think DHam is responsible for most of them and he's still a kid. I'm more concerned about the FT line, we have to hit 80% to 85% to survive in the type of game we need to play. I just don't see us getting there

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
By tournament you mean NIT? Anything is possible the last two NC's proved, but we are a long, long way from that...

Reaction Score
During the game a bunch of stats were put up as to how we rank nationally on things such as offensive rebounds 289, points 219, 3's made 240, assists 192, steals 291. You can say OK stats can be meaningless but really? I'm sure there are some good defensive stats out there like FG % and points allowed but remember we don't shoot FT's very well either. We are a mediocre team, but there are a lot of mediocre teams in this country that can at least hang in against quality opponents but cannot quite get there. As far as "tournament style" I don't think so this year. JMO.

Reaction Score

Playing up/down to the level of competition is what you get when you only have 3 upperclassmen that play, one of which is Nolan....

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Playing up/down to the level of competition is what you get when you only have 3 upperclassmen that play, one of which is Nolan....

Phil Nolan is the reason for this pending Death Storm!

Reaction Score
I'm just not sure this team can win 10 of the last 12 games. I hope so but with this team its anybodys guess.

The problem with this team is no inside scoring at all, besides the DHam's ally to Amida. If you have no threat inside you better be a very good outside shooting team and limit the other teams 2nd chances- i.e. last years team.

--This years team is a below average shooting team, although has picked it up recently (our three point shooting goes up and defense gets worse, go figure).

-- This years team is below average rebouding team. Stanford game showed that.

So what does that make UConn? I guess we can say were a defensive team but not so sure were that good defensively lately.

This team has no identity and by now it should be clear but its not. I have no idea whats going to happen from game to game. Everybody is inconsistent. No idea what Dham, Purvis, Omar, Brimah or Facey will give us from each game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom