This Board | The Boneyard

This Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bunch of goshdarn complainers. . I seriously may have to abandon this board, you'd think we were supposed to go undefeated and have the ship forfeited to us. I mean seriously, cheer for your team but the you guys post is just unreal 99% of the time.

Reaction Score
no one expects an undefeated season. but I personally expect some notion of progress, effort, and desire. We are getting outworked seemingly every game. We run no half court sets other than a screen roll on every possession. Our bigs don't rebound, box out, or catch the ball. It's the same mistakes over and over and there are no adjustments being made. I get that we have no inside game. But we do have 6 guards/swingmen who can play and should be able to do something productive on a consistent basis.

Reaction Score
I am ok losing this game, but Houston was bad bad bad

Reaction Score
I dont really get upset when people complain on here after a loss. We are all diehard fans here and I completely understand peoples frustration after a loss no matter who we play. This team is going through a tough time right now and I dont think anyone expected us to be 0-2 in the conference at this point.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
JLock819, what was your opinion of today's game? As a fan were you happy with the effort? Did they play with fire, passion? I can live with losing games when the effort is there, but this team seems to get out-worked on a regular basis. They look slow and don't seem to play with passion. That bothers me as a fan.

Reaction Score
Bunch of goshdarn complainers. . I seriously may have to abandon this board, you'd think we were supposed to go undefeated and have the ship forfeited to us. I mean seriously, cheer for your team but the you guys post is just unreal 99% of the time.
Have you watched the last two games especially Houston? We are getting blown out by bad teams. What do want?

Reaction Score
I get that we should support our team at all times, but the pollyanna-ish rose colored glasses approach is a bit naive. This team has issues and seems to be regressing. This forum is a place where those certainties are pointed out by many. Sometimes a bit too enthusiastically, but this is the place on which to share your thoughts. The idea of patting the team on its collective back and saying "we'll get 'em next time" after this sh!tfest is a bit ridiculous.

Reaction Score
I love when people announce that they might leave the BY. Like we're supposed to beg you to stay? Kick rocks.

The team put zero effort forth the past 2 games, what do you expect people to say?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Well, the bottom line is that the team is fatally flawed and there is probably little that can help this year as there is no trading or mid-season eligibles. I thought it was not as bad as reality indicates, but...well, its a long season and UConn has 7 more weeks left...

I cannot "cheer" for the effort put forward this week. I will not however drop my alma mater as my favorite team. Just because someone is critical doesn't mean they aren't a fan. Actually constructive criticism indicates passion. Passion indicates fandom. Constructive criticism is a characteristic of a fan, regardless of the fans' attendance resume'.

Dribbles

Mrs. Dribbles
Reaction Score

So...just close dose eyes real tight and cheer real loud. Now there's a strategy

Reaction Score
Me thinks Ollie is complaining much worse than posters on this board. That flight home will be murder.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Every fall I go outside and scream at the trees for dropping their leaves, making a mess on my driveway and lawn and forcing me to rake and get my leaf blower. I scream and scream and ignore my neighbors concerns. And then spring hits and the pollen drops and I got to wash the outside of the house and I scream and scream and ignore my neighbors concerns. I swear I'm going to cut down all the trees. And then I remember some of my neighbors electric bills are considerably higher than mine because their houses aren't shaded in the summer.

And I put the saw away. Until fall and spring come around and then I swear I'm gonna get the saw as I'm screaming at the trees.

What's wrong with this picture! I'd be locked up as a nutcase to act like this. Yes I hate the extra work the trees cause me, but they also give me value. I understand the nature of the trees and accept that's part of life. So I complain (to myself) about the problems but have learned to just deal with it.

This game and this season have been difficult. I have no problem with criticism and venting. But a large amount of the complaining is as over the top as my hypothetical public screaming at the trees. The team has problems. Obvious! Will this team get better because I'm screaming at them.? Who am I kidding? Maybe I ought to get my neighbors who have trees and we should all stand outside screaming at them. That will accomplish what? I'll tell you what. The property values will go down. Sooner or later people have to learn to accept this team for what it is or continue to behave like ranting lunatics.

Complaining is good when it's constructive. Complaining is good when it allows us to get anger out of our system. Complaining is detrimental when it is habitual, when it continues incessantly, when it is repetitive, and when there is little that can be done about the circumstances. I don't feel good after these types of games. I challenge myself to move on as quickly as possible. I don't enjoy watching so many people castigate the players and coaches. I challenge myself to be as minimally affected by them as possible.

JLock, there are a lot of reasonable posters with positive attitudes. If you leave because of the negativity what does that mean you are doing? It means you are ignoring the positives in this forum and you are allowing yourself to be impacted by negativity. There are a lot of things in life we have no control over. But handling bad games, seasons and negativity in this forum are certainly possible.

If it's not possible for people just stay away from here after tough losses. We all know the same culprits will come here and spew their vitriol whenever there is a loss. People aren't any different then trees. All you need to do is understand their nature and figure out ways to cope with it.

Reaction Score
Have you watched the last two games especially Houston? We are getting blown out by bad teams. What do want?

A Larry Brown coached team is never going to be a bad team. this should have been known even before the game. I know Ollie knew this and would not have taken this team for granted. they just were outplayed by a bunch and showed it a ton at the end. Without any inside presence they had no problem putting pressure on the guard play. this is going to be an ongoing problem until the bigs do some actual inside work.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry, but I don't feel the need to spout off how bad we are every time we lose. I'm a grown man.
Every fall I go outside and scream at the trees for dropping their leaves, making a mess on my driveway and lawn and forcing me to rake and get my leaf blower. I scream and scream and ignore my neighbors concerns. And then spring hits and the pollen drops and I got to wash the outside of the house and I scream and scream and ignore my neighbors concerns. I swear I'm going to cut down all the trees. And then I remember some of my neighbors electric bills are considerably higher than mine because their houses aren't shaded in the summer.

And I put the saw away. Until fall and spring come around and then I swear I'm gonna get the saw as I'm screaming at the trees.

What's wrong with this picture! I'd be locked up as a nutcase to act like this. Yes I hate the extra work the trees cause me, but they also give me value. I understand the nature of the trees and accept that's part of life. So I complain (to myself) about the problems but have learned to just deal with it.

This game and this season have been difficult. I have no problem with criticism and venting. But a large amount of the complaining is as over the top as my hypothetical public screaming at the trees. The team has problems. Obvious! Will this team get better because I'm screaming at them.? Who am I kidding? Maybe I ought to get my neighbors who have trees and we should all stand outside screaming at them. That will accomplish what? I'll tell you what. The property values will go down. Sooner or later people have to learn to accept this team for what it is or continue to behave like ranting lunatics.

Complaining is good when it's constructive. Complaining is good when it allows us to get anger out of our system. Complaining is detrimental when it is habitual, when it continues incessantly, when it is repetitive, and when there is little that can be done about the circumstances. I don't feel good after these types of games. I challenge myself to move on as quickly as possible. I don't enjoy watching so many people castigate the players and coaches. I challenge myself to be as minimally affected by them as possible.

JLock, there are a lot of reasonable posters with positive attitudes. If you leave because of the negativity what does that mean you are doing? It means you are ignoring the positives in this forum and you are allowing yourself to be impacted by negativity. There are a lot of things in life we have no control over. But handling bad games, seasons and negativity in this forum are certainly possible.

If it's not possible for people just stay away from here after tough losses. We all know the same culprits will come here and spew their vitriol whenever there is a loss. People aren't any different then trees. All you need to do is understand their nature and figure out ways to cope with it.

Great post!

Reaction Score
Anyone who takes the time as a UConn fan to post on this board, positively or negatively, must contain some sort of passion for UConn sports. If not, why take the time to even post? That being said, getting criticized for being negative after two god awful games is a joke in itself. There was absolutely nothing positive to take from these last two games and to try and sugar coat it with lame excuses and/or this "we are UConn and no one will want to face us in March" mentality is both delusional and unrealistic. Nothing I saw over the past two games showed me anything encouraging come March. If anything, I walk away very grateful for Bazz's early season heroics. Without them, we would already be on the outside looking in! In fact, since returning from finals week break, this team has been pathetic from top to bottom.

Reaction Score
I didn't read all your threads, thankfully, but to answer one of them I want a team that plays with passion regardless of outcome. A team that plays together and with a purpose. Obviously that was lacking today and at other times throughout the season, resulting in losses and close games.

The issue I have is the level of bashing and complaining that takes place during and after games that don't go the way posters expect them to. We got grown men who couldn't play a lick, punching their keyboard trashing 18-22 year olds when things don't go the way they want them to. It's one thing to acknowledge and address issues, eg. The lack of interior presence that makes things much more difficult on our guards, versus placing blame on a single player when we should all know our issues are greater than any one part.

Reaction Score
UCDaveD said:
I love when people announce that they might leave the BY. Like we're supposed to beg you to stay? Kick rocks. The team put zero effort forth the past 2 games, what do you expect people to say? YouTube Video

So we should write off the season cause of 2 tough/bad losses? Good thing we didn't do that when the hit the fan at the end of 2011 right?

Reaction Score
Last but not least, just take a look through the threads and you should understand my point...

Reaction Score
So we should write off the season cause of 2 tough/bad losses? Good thing we didn't do that when the hit the fan at the end of 2011 right?
When did I write off the entire season? Typical strawman argument.

Reaction Score

The 2011 season throws everything off with the sky is falling BY poster. I wonder if they ever forgave them for all of the loses that season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom