This and That | The Boneyard

This and That

Status
Not open for further replies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
* Michala Johnson is the leading scorer on the Wisconsin Woman's BB team. Her line:

Averaging 28 minutes per game (wow) 13.8 points (.510) with 8.8 rebounds
Go Michala!
Really happy to see her doing well, what a great kid.

Didn't Stewie look lost for the first part of the game: bad shots, mishandled balls, poor pass.
After benching, regained her sanity and played fine…her difficulties noted by the announcing team and in a piece by Rich. Is it possible: no real competition, no real interest?

Didn't the walk-ons look pretty good last night? Competent D and some O as well. Hope to see them a bit more this weekend.

Unmentioned in all the hoopla of Stef, Stewie, and Chong was the amazingly athletic penetration and left hand (Layup?) by MoJeff, my favorite shot of the night.

Last edited:

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Which is it 28 minutes per game or 8.8 minutes? ;)

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Michala Johnson is the leading scorer on the Wisconsin Woman's BB team. Her line:

Averaging 28 minutes per game (wow) 13.8 points (.510) with 8.8 minutes
Go Michala!
Really happy to see her doing well, what a great kid.

Didn't Stewie look lost for the first part of the game: bad shots, mishandled balls, poor pass.
After benching, regained her sanity and played fine…her difficulties noted by the announcing team and in a piece by Rich. Is it possible: no real competition, no real interest?

Didn't the walk-ons look pretty good last night? Competent D and some O as well. Hope to see them a bit more this weekend.

Unmentioned in all the hoopla of Stef, Stewie, and Chong was the amazingly athletic penetration and left hand (Layup?) by MoJeff, my favorite shot of the night.

"Didn't Stewie look lost for the first part of the game: bad shots, mishandled balls, poor pass.
After benching, regained her sanity and played fine…her difficulties noted by the announcing team and in a piece by Rich. Is it possible: no real competition, no real interest?"

Athletic performance is variable for all...just the way it is. You get this, right?

Reaction Score

The whole team started out slow the first part of the game.....noted by Geno at halftime.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
The point I was making for all to pontificate about, or to get riled up about…your preference…is whether Stewie has shown a slight tendency to play to the level of the opposition….not unheard of.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
It's certainly possible Stewie was a little less locked in than she was against, say, Penn State or Maryland. And if it that were true, I certainly wouldn't complain.

BTW, Stewie had 25-7-6 last night against lowly BU. That's a Lebron James-like statline.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Maybe, regarding Breanna. But she's averaging about 20 PPG, 6 RPB, 3 APG, and 3 blocks/game. It's pretty clear she can do whatever she wants whenever she wants to, and one thing that has stood out to me is that she's a very smart player - she takes shots when she knows it's a good shot and has a high likelihood of going in - in other words she does not jack up shots when she's blanketed by a defender. She's real willing to get others involved and makes very fast decisions when she gets the ball.

I'm thrilled for Michala. I actually wish she'd stayed - she'd be getting a lot of minutes this year I think. UCONN is very thin up front. As a side note, Engeln is a starter for BC and after 4 games is averaging 36 MPG, 9.5 PPG, and 4.5 APG. Her 3 point shot is not good - 25%, but she's a very very solid player for them. I'm glad she's finding success in Boston.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
On the lost Stewie - thought the whole team was guilty of sleepwalking through the first 6 minutes - blown layups and shots left short and general lethargy.

Reaction Score
I thought Kiah got better and better each game. She is a lot more aggressive looking for her shots on the offense and it is like night and day comparing to last year. She is so much more confident out there. If she keeps this up, she will be part of the rotation by December and will definitely be the starting center next year and a top draft choice for the WNBA.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
First, I'll admit that while I was "watching" the game I was also reading so I may be wrong. My impression was that Stewart spent a lot of the 1st few minutes playing with her back to the basket and she didn't look comfortable. After she sat she seemed to be playing more facing the basket.

Anyone else a bit surprised about Stewart's reported attitude?

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
The point I was making for all to pontificate about, or to get riled up about…your preference…is whether Stewie has shown a slight tendency to play to the level of the opposition….not unheard of.

Pontificate? Riled Up? I get to choose!...well, I'll go for riled up.

Last edited:

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Anyone else a bit surprised about Stewart's reported attitude?

Yes. Hearing Geno tell BS she has "a bad attitude" was a bit of a shock (as were the comments by CD.) I really thought she was past all of that.... whatever 'that' is/was.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Yes. Hearing Geno tell BS she has "a bad attitude" was a bit of a shock (as were the comments by CD.) I really thought she was past all of that.... whatever 'that' is/was.

I didn't hear any of that, written down anywhere?

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I didn't hear any of that, written down anywhere?
It was on the SNY All-Access show. Clip is in the Geno quote for the archives thread or SNY videos (Coaches Meeting)....

Reaction Score

She's not the first stubborn UConn player I've heard Geno say those exact same words to.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
She's not the first stubborn UConn player I've heard Geno say those exact same words to.
Yep. A battle of wills... BS should be wearing #3.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
oh, and the battles with Sveta... "G.. D... Europeans!", I believe, was the comment!

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
My surprise was Stewart's comments - basically saying that she knows what she's doing and doesn't need a coach to tell her how to play. Maybe Auriemma's empty head comment wasn't all needle. ;)

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
My surprise was Stewart's comments - basically saying that she knows what she's doing and doesn't need a coach to tell her how to play. Maybe Auriemma's empty head comment wasn't all needle. ;)

In fairness, I believe TBS said she knows what she can do - I don't believe she said that she doesn't need a coach to tell her how to play. I think you're projecting that part in there, VTC.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I don't think Stewie said that...at least not in the part I saw. She just said that she knows how good she can play.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Just watched it again... the quote was, "I know how I can play."

But in fairness, none of us know the exact context of that comment.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
In fairness, I believe TBS said she knows what she can do - I don't believe she said that she doesn't need a coach to tell her how to play. I think you're projecting that part in there, VTC.
Ya think?

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
I wish we has a gossip thread where all types of player dissing could be quarantined. I know, it’s a message board and posters get to bleat whatever, but what a buzz kill misrepresentations of teenagers words are, at least for me. Just my opine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom