Not open for further replies.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
They actually can shoot..

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
My grandmother's team shot very well. ;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
When was the last time they shot 44%? And lost by 30?

The game was so different from those of 4-8 years ago.

I like Scaife's game. Copper looked good too.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I agree RU's future is bright. And it's terrific that in 1-2 years, Stringer can completely revamp the offense. Makes me wonder why other coaches can't seem to do the same thing. I think RU played hard for almost the entire game and was impressed with the skill of their players.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I agree RU's future is bright. And it's terrific that in 1-2 years, Stringer can completely revamp the offense. Makes me wonder why other coaches can't seem to do the same thing. I think RU played hard for almost the entire game and was impressed with the skill of their players.

I've said time and time again that we're good. I think we're going to keep getting better as the season goes on.

We just don't have a whole lot of size. Hopefully Ariel Butts is going to be okay..:(

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Aside from the 30 point loss, I thought Rutgers looked good.

Scaife and Copper make a formidable tandem in the backcourt. If Hollivay can continue to score and get better with Laney roaming the court as a 3, Rutgers will get better.

They are pretty young, right?

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Aside from the 30 point loss, I thought Rutgers looked good.

Scaife and Copper make a formidable tandem in the backcourt. If Hollivay can continue to score and get better with Laney roaming the court as a 3, Rutgers will get better.

They are pretty young, right?

No seniors. Laney is a junior, Hollivay and Copper are sophomore.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
They actually can shoot..

Jeez....I didn't say they were good.....I said they can shoot. Normal Rutgers teams shoot 30%, this team shoots 40%.

That is all.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
What is also different is Rutgers' defense which is not very good. It's probably a function of youth but UConn pretty much got whatever shot it wanted.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
What is also different is Rutgers' defense which is not very good. It's probably a function of youth but UConn pretty much got whatever shot it wanted.

CVS has said that they haven't worked on defense that much this year, although I believe that will change now. :p

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The changes are amazing. The defense, which was good and sometimes great, got very soft. The offense and shooting, which were abysmal at times, looked quite respectable.

Reaction Score
CVS has said that they haven't worked on defense that much this year, although I believe that will change now. :p

I guess multitasking isn't CVS or her team's forte.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
CViv has two and maybe three players who can created their own shot in Cooper Scaife and Laney and Hollivay as an interesting post presence. I still don't see a lot of great offense being played, but with those players creating, Rutgers looks a lot better. It does look like the old Carson, Cappie, Ajavon, Vaughn era without the killer defense.

Reaction Score
If you allow 90 you gotta score 91! Will never happen in the next 3 years for Viv.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
CViv has two and maybe three players who can created their own shot in Cooper Scaife and Laney and Hollivay as an interesting post presence. I still don't see a lot of great offense being played, but with those players creating, Rutgers looks a lot better. It does look like the old Carson, Cappie, Ajavon, Vaughn era without the killer defense.
It may be shooting, more than offensive sets. I think Cappie and Piph may have been the only shooters over a decade, so this group may be better than the RU norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom