Third down air siren, an improvement no? | The Boneyard

Third down air siren, an improvement no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Haven't seen it yet, but that sounded a lot better than garbled barking. The incorporated the siren, guns and roses, and dog barks. Good to see they are not TOTALLY tone deaf to the fans.

I was dreading hearing the third down barking that I had been reading about here. Today at the game I thought the siren/etc. was not so bad and I heard no complaints about it from the fans around us.

Reaction Score
Haven't seen it yet, but that sounded a lot better than garbled barking. The incorporated the siren, guns and roses, and dog barks. Good to see they are not TOTALLY tone deaf to the fans.
I'd rather hear P&W engines lighting off afterburners.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'd rather hear P&W engines lighting off afterburners.

Like this?

f135engine.jpg

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I would shorten the alarm but other than that it was great!

Reaction Score
The combo of air raid sirens, Guns & Roses, and dogs barking (more subtle now) was a big improvement.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
I don't think this place has ever been in more agreement on any issue ever. Ever.

Now if they would just hand out $10 bills to every person in a seat 5 mins prior to kickoff and again with 1:00 left in the 4th, the crowd engagement issues at the Rent would be about solved...

UCPusky

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber
Reaction Score
Loving the air raid siren. Short, sharp audio prompt to get your butt out of your seat and make some noise. Props to UConn for listening to the fans and making the change. The energy at the game today was a nice reminder of the way things can be. Crowd feeding off of the players and players feeding off of the crowd. Definitely the kind of energy that HCBD was referring to during the off season.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
To the UConn employee in the athletic dept who read the boneyard, thank you for listening to the fans. I loved the air raid siren.

I'm a 10 year season ticket holder and organize another 8-10 people every season to come too and knowing someone is paying attention is nice.

Reaction Score
Someone has been listening. I didn't hear the dog growl once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom