There seems to be a good chance Charlotte trades the second pick | The Boneyard

There seems to be a good chance Charlotte trades the second pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If I was running the Bobcats, I think I'd be content to grab Kidd-Gilcrhist with that second pick, maybe improve by 5-10 wins, and try to select another blue-chipper in the draft next year.

But Mike Dunlap seems to think trading down "makes a lot of sense", and Chad Ford, who was just on Mike and Mike, said there is "better than a 50% chance" Charlotte trades the pick.

So it will be interesting to watch this play out. I'm sure there are a lot of teams interested in trading up for the #2 pick, possibly even teams outside of the lottery like an Oklahoma City type team. Then, there is the dream scenario from a UConn fans standpoint that would have them trading the #2 pick to Portland for the 6th and 11th picks, which they would then use to select Andre Drummond and Jeremy Lamb respectively. Even though there is about a 1 in 100 chance of that happening, a team of Kemba, Lamb, and Drummond would definitely convince me to dish out $200 or however much it is for NBA League Pass.

I'm not as high on Thomas Robinson and Harrison Barnes as others are. Davis is obviously the #1 player in the draft, and then it's Beal, Kidd-Gilchrist, and Drummond in some order IMO. Another ideal scenario for Charlotte would be trading the second pick to Cleveland for #4 and #24. Thoughts?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Beal I don't see be a top 5 pick. Number two will be Drummond or t-rob in my opinion. Big men are hard to come by. At least harder to get than guards IMO

Reaction Score
Beal I don't see be a top 5 pick. Number two will be Drummond or t-rob in my opinion. Big men are hard to come by. At least harder to get than guards IMO

Yea Beal is likely to go 3rd to Washington(if another team that eyes him doesn't take Char's spot) and I'm not quite understanding what is making him grade out as that much better a prospect than Jeremy.

Reaction Score
If I was running the Bobcats, I think I'd be content to grab Kidd-Gilcrhist with that second pick, maybe improve by 5-10 wins, and try to select another blue-chipper in the draft next year.

But Mike Dunlap seems to think trading down "makes a lot of sense", and Chad Ford, who was just on Mike and Mike, said there is "better than a 50% chance" Charlotte trades the pick.

So it will be interesting to watch this play out. I'm sure there are a lot of teams interested in trading up for the #2 pick, possibly even teams outside of the lottery like an Oklahoma City type team. Then, there is the dream scenario from a UConn fans standpoint that would have them trading the #2 pick to Portland for the 6th and 11th picks, which they would then use to select Andre Drummond and Jeremy Lamb respectively. Even though there is about a 1 in 100 chance of that happening, a team of Kemba, Lamb, and Drummond would definitely convince me to dish out $200 or however much it is for NBA League Pass.

I'm not as high on Thomas Robinson and Harrison Barnes as others are. Davis is obviously the #1 player in the draft, and then it's Beal, Kidd-Gilchrist, and Drummond in some order IMO. Another ideal scenario for Charlotte would be trading the second pick to Cleveland for #4 and #24. Thoughts?
Charlotte should trade the pick, just the stigma and history of Jordan related teams picking high is so terrible that IF they pick someone second expecations for that guy will immediately plummet.

I'm not sure on Robinson, I was awful impressed with his motor and accuracy, but I didn't see him earlier in his career when he struggled. Also obviously he had more trouble finishing against length and that is the NBA. Depending on team need for me it'd be between him and Kidd-Gilchrist.

I'd be very surprised if Drummond goes higher than 5 and I really hope he goes somewhere with good development staff and low early expectations.

Reaction Score
Robinson didn't struggle early in his career, he just played behind the Morris twins. He was picked to the preseason All America teams going into last season based off how impressive his per minute numbers were his soph year while playing behind them.

Reaction Score
Baded on what i have been reading. The wizards want beal at 3 and the cavs know that. Therefore they are trying to trade for the 2nd pick to get beal. This would leave the wizards taking most likely MKG due to all of the players they have down low now. T-rob would end with the bobcats at the 4th pick. I think this makes perfect sense for the bobcats. They get the player that is the most NBA ready in the draft while also getting another first round pick and possibly a 2nd rounder as well. So...

1: Hornets: Davis
2: Cavs: Beal
3: Wiz: MKG
4: Cats: T-Rob
5: Sac trades pick to Rockets for Kyle Lowry. The Rockets are then supposedly trying to trade two top 10 pics for a 1-year Dwight Howard rental.

This draft is going to be wild!

Reaction Score
ESPN draft annalists today mentioned Rivers as a strong possibility

Reaction Score

Drummond's stock his been dropping a bit as of late, seems he won't be a top 5 pick and he can go anywhere from 6 to 9 in the draft. Apparently his workouts haven't been that impressive to NBA teams. But, on the subject of trading the 2nd pick I can't see Charlotte trading it to anyone but Washington or Cleveland. Both of whom want Bradley Beal badly. Charlotte likes Robinson and can get him at 4 while picking up a late first/early second round pick in the process. Should be an exciting draft. Houston is doing all they can to put together a package for Dwight Howard as well, picking up Minnesota's 18th pick and going after two top 10 picks.

Reaction Score

I just wanna see Kemba get some talent around him so he can be on a winning team again. Nobody deserves it more. I hope that they will improve by more than 10 wins this year. I know it will take time, but they have nowhere to go but up after last season.

Reaction Score
Yea Beal is likely to go 3rd to Washington(if another team that eyes him doesn't take Char's spot) and I'm not quite understanding what is making him grade out as that much better a prospect than Jeremy.
Agree about Beal. People compare him to Ray Allen, but I also think Lamb is in that category as well.

Reaction Score
i think T-Rob is the perfect player for the cats to draft. Him and kemba can run the pick and roll all day. It also gives them an option in the post. Kemba and T-Rob also play "hard" like MKG so it would be fun seeing those two play together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom