The view from Section 222.......of the fans....... | The Boneyard

The view from Section 222.......of the fans.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Our fanbase:

Those religously at our games, in their seats before kick-off and cheering the team on in good moments and challenging moments. We could use more of you.

Those religously at our games enjoying the tailgate and getting to their seats a bit late and maybe rushing back before the final play to have one last beverage. No complaints from me, presumably those of us who go to these games go principally to have a good time.

Those who attend a game like yesterday's and leave before the OT is over. I have not a clue as to what you are thinking, but at least you go to the games.

Those who don't attend the games, but complain constantly about the coaching and whatever else. Sure as heck your right to do that, but maybe you see the hypocricy in it?

The Boneyard is now about 80% comprised of posters who rant like children. What truly amazes me is how many are clearly not at the games given the time stamps of their posts (and they are not posting those types of messages on their iPhones). I honestly don't get it.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
I don't get your last point? It's not possible to post on iPhones? And out of state fans or others in state who can't get to the games have no right to post here?

Reaction Score
How do you know their not posting from their phones? I certainly have and my post never show up with the 'posted from verizon wireless via android x' that I see on other posts.

I do take issue with those that chastise the fans that do go, when they're not at the games themselves i.e wear blue, get there early, stay late etc. To each their own. I know of people that buy tickets, go to tailgates, and NEVER enter the game. At least they buy a ticket, who am I to criticize. That ticket would go unsold otherwise.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The OP underestimates the interest level required to find, register, and post to fan message board.

That said, the exodus at the beginning of the 4th Quarter of a 7 pt game confuses me. The exodus at the beginning of OT is horrible.

As one of the last people leaving the stadium yesterday, it takes exactly 20 minutes to get from my seat to the grey lot and out to Rte 15. After two stops to drop people off and unloading the tailgate gear, I was back in front of the TV by 5:30. Any traffic issues you think you are beating by leaving early are only in your mind.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I found it pretty easy to get out of the stadium yesterday, and I parked at the very back of the Red Lot. I got to the stadium at 11:15, didn't tailgate, walked right up to the stadium, got into my seat and watched the teams warmup. Once the game was over, walked all the way back to my car and got home 30 minutes later. This is my first year with season tickets, and I'm enjoying the time spent at the stadium, lots of fun characters in my section (205).

Reaction Score
The only hypocrisy is when people who have the time & resources to attend the games don't go, but are routinely on message boards like this one complaining about the attendance.

Not everybody can attend games, but at the very least, the message board gripers (whether out of line or not with their comments) care about what's happening with the football program.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The Boneyard is now about 80% comprised of posters who rant like children. What truly amazes me is how many are clearly not at the games given the time stamps of their posts (and they are not posting those types of messages on their iPhones). I honestly don't get it.

Me either. We used to be 98-99.5% posters who rant like children. We are off our game. I blame Coach P.

Reaction Score
Sorry, so if I tell my 1st grader he has to quit hockey so daddy can go drive an hour and a half and drink in a parking lot then attend a football game, will that upgrade me? Your an stick for assuming everyone has the option of attending every game and those who don't cant complain about the flushing sound of our program we have followed for a long time. F stick.

Reaction Score
Sorry, so if I tell my 1st grader he has to quit hockey so daddy can go drive an hour and a half and drink in a parking lot then attend a football game, will that upgrade me? Your an stick for assuming everyone has the option of attending every game and those who don't cant complain about the flushing sound of our program we have followed for a long time. F stick.

Holy crap......

Are you out of your mind or just another internet tough guy?

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I went to the NC State game and I was in Maryland at our game there. I also went yesterday. I tailgated, and then, right before kickoff, I left and went home to watch the game on my laptop. I have only so much discretionary income and I refuse to spend it on watching this team anymore. Call me whatever name you want. PP doesn't deserve my dollar.

Maybe my protest will be contagious and the Athletic Department will realize people are losing interest in this product and make a change on the coaching staff.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Chuckling at the notion of the 'hero' fan as if it's on any one person to support the program. If you want to go, go. If you want to leave early, leave.

It's the responsibility of the University to make it compelling for you to go and stay until the end.

Penn State had 90,000 show up at their last game, 20k under capacity, but I can assure you their season isn't any better than ours. They've built a product that people want to support. We may never get there, but then again we don't have to reinvent the wheel either. Find successful programs and do what they do.

It's probably the biggest reason the WM hire excited me. It's what Randy did when planning our facility upgrade. Get us a coach with a program to do the same on the recruiting trail and on the field. Make the gameday experience like that of successful programs. T-shirt tosses and contrived cheers don't do it.

Yes we need time for alumni of the FBS era to grow in numbers, but there is plenty that can be done. The AD should assign someone dedicated to the task of.making the gameday experience better. That person should oversee the band performances, cheer squad, student section, promotions, the DJ, the PA announceres, the scoreboard operators, and general stadium operations.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak