The UCLA coach & 2 players...... | The Boneyard

The UCLA coach & 2 players......

Reaction Score
The UCLA coach and 2 players (Cori Close, Jordin Canada & Kari Korver) answered a few questions about their upcoming game with UConn, that they were asked in their post game (Texas A&M) presser (I was sure they would be asked about UConn). Very respectful.... and conceding nothing, as you would expect from a confident team going into the sweet 16.

Click on this LINK. When the web page comes up, scroll down a touch, to "Recent Videos", click on the middle video in the top line, that says "Women's Basketball NCAA Post Game Press Confer". It's about 9+ minuets long. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
VERY, VERY impressive women. All very well spoken. Granted this is a post-win presser, but still, this clip should be a training video on how to do a post-game presser. We better not be taking Jordan and Korver lightly!

Here are their stats for the TAM game.

upload_2017-3-22_7-56-22.png

upload_2017-3-22_7-57-33.png

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Very good presser - and yes, she has made a point of accepting Geno's open policy to take her staff to watch what the Uconn program does - three times.
I like the focus on her team, her players, and the S16 game.

Reaction Score
EXCELLENT postgame session. Really liked the coach's description of their goal for that next game: (paraphrasing) We're playing in the Sweet 16. How can we make ourselves better this week at playing to our own best level?

No one can ask anything more of a team!

Reaction Score
VERY, VERY impressive women. All very well spoken. Granted this is a post-win presser, but still, this clip should be a training video on how to do a post-game presser. We better not be taking Jordan and Korver lightly!

Here are their stats for the TAM game.

View attachment 21005

View attachment 21006

I don't know who is responsible for scouting UCLA---but scouted the were-- a detail report was written with prime players picked apart and what each does and when--how to stop them, etc----the team has been studying this for a few days--with specific assignments given..
Respectful kids get me every time

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Very good presser - and yes, she has made a point of accepting Geno's open policy to take her staff to watch what the Uconn program does - three times.
I like the focus on her team, her players, and the S16 game.
Maybe that's why Geno is starting a series with them next year...

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Yes, but maybe also so that Lou can have a homecoming game her senior year. I thought I read that her family lives very close to there.
It has been in the works for a few years, and I think he also really wanted to get at least one Pac12 team back on the schedule - he likes that 'comparative scouting' that they get by playing some teams in each P5 conference.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I really like this team and coach. Sorry that they are in UConn's regional. Saw them a couple of years ago at Mohegan and was impressed by the coach and Canada and the very young team they were building.
You are right - the coach and that team are very classy!!! And they've got talent!!!
I think they've been to UConn over the years to watch practices and learn some things. I'm pretty sure!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom