The transfer portal opens today | Page 21 | The Boneyard

The transfer portal opens today

Reaction Score
We can win with him for sure, but we do need to bring in a center who maybe does different things than he does and is also capable. But I think he’s our guy.
Need to bring a 6’10” minimum bruiser for those Edey types.

Reaction Score
They had a way better feel for the game than Samson. No disrespect to him. I love him for being on our team but just looking at his skills /game feel/ inability to be at the correct defensive position at all times and over helping on screens this will be one of our biggest off season question marks.
Agreed. I love him as a reserve but you can’t have your starting center racking up unnecessary fouls and spending large stretches on the bench.

Reaction Score

I like the stats but I think Hurleys starting 5 hav 6’5/6’6 preferred pg and sg respectively. Idk with Diarra we would want another 6’1 player but again it’s the elite offense we run with the movement that will create infinite permutations of shots.

Reaction Score
Stojakovic didn't impress in his freshman season, but he's got excellent pedigree and McDonald's All-American honors, so I'm really curious in his potential.

Here's the report of his freshman year from Adam Finkelstein, who I happened to meet at the Merrimack/Sacred Heart game a few weeks ago (I guess he's from CT?)

The former McDonald’s All-American didn’t make quite the immediate impact that many expected as a freshman at Stanford, and put his name in the portal following the dismissal of head coach Jerod Haase. Known as a skilled shot-maker and versatile scoring threat in high school, Stojakovic knocked down less than 33% of his attempted threes this year while averaging 7.8 points and 3.4 rebounds in 22.3 minutes per game.

More concerning though was his inefficiency inside the arc, as he finished just 39% of his attempts at the rim per Pivot Analysis, and on the defensive end of the floor, where he rated in the bottom 10% according to Synergy Sports. Both of those struggles are, at least partially, attributed to the physical transition to the college level. While Stojakovic was older than most college freshman, having turned 19 in August, his frame was still not fully mature and he didn’t have quite as much game experience against top competition.

Given time to catch-up in both areas, there are still lots of reasons for long-term optimism as his positional size, skill, and offensive versatility remain as intriguing as they were in high school.
Didn’t impress??? Did you watch film??? He impressed me in a few of his breakout games including Arizona. Wonder what his shooting percentage would be with an elite set of teammates. Iron sharpens iron. Sign up Stojakavic now before the car is out of the bag.

Reaction Score
Hurley must feel like a kid in the candy store.

With another title under his belt and a lot of slots to fill, he'll have the pick of the litter.

There's a lot of talent in the portal and a few guys he recruited that ended up elsewhere.

We're going to reload and run it back.

Next year might actually be more fun than this year, which is crazy when you think about.

We just experienced a back to back and a three peat is not out of the question at all.

Stay tuned.....

Reaction Score
If Karaban ends up hitting the draft, this guy would look good in blue and white.
Eric Dailey, plays a nice all around game.

Reaction Score
If the news is coming soon idk how it'd be Hausen since he's not in the portal

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom