The transfer portal opens today | Page 12 | The Boneyard

The transfer portal opens today

Reaction Score

The 6'5 215 wing from Newark has a career 37 3P% (just 57 attempts) and is easily Oklahoma's best defender on an overall strong defensive team.

UConn didn't offer out of Blair Academy, but Providence, Georgetown, St. John's and DePaul did.

A player like Oweh would be an intriguing two-year starter at the 3 and plays with a similar defensive versatility as Castle.

New Jersey guy.

Reaction Score
New Jersey guy.

I remember him from watching Corey Floyd at the Peach Jam. He was Floyd’s teammate and really burst onto the national scene. But he also lost his starting spot down the stretch at OU and presumably is leaving for a better role.

Reaction Score
Xavier adds Furman's leading scorer Marcus Foster

The 6'4 200 grad transfer is an efficient interior scorer who was an excellent three-point shooter the previous two seasons (36.5%) until this year (30.4%). He actually finished the 2022-23 season as the most efficient offensive player in the SoCon, according to KenPom.

In a more volume role this year, Foster averaged 17p, 7.5r, 1.8a, 4.5 FTA, 81.3 FT%, 55.8 2P%. Surprisingly, at his size and position (mostly played the 3 guard) he ranks a nice 69th place in defensive rebounding rate nationally.

Overall, very strong pickup for Xavier. If Claude stays, they will have two physical guards at the 2/3.

Reaction Score

The 6'5 215 wing from Newark has a career 37 3P% (just 57 attempts) and is easily Oklahoma's best defender on an overall strong defensive team.

UConn didn't offer out of Blair Academy, but Providence, Georgetown, St. John's and DePaul did.

A player like Oweh would be an intriguing two-year starter at the 3 and plays with a similar defensive versatility as Castle.

I prefer Oweh over the Merrimack kid

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
If he doesn’t end up with his Dad at WVU. Could be Cam Spencer replacement

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
If he doesn’t end up with his Dad at WVU. Could be Cam Spencer replacement

Reid Ducharme leaving Xavier, where he couldn't get minutes on a thin roster. Did we offer?

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score

UConn

The Huskies could have a lot of star talent to replace this offseason with center Donovan Clingan near the top of the list. UConn has had success with the NCAA transfer portal so it makes sense for head coach Dan Hurley to beat the same drum this offseason. Lampkin Jr. should be one of the top centers available and he has plenty of experience under his belt.

Reaction Score
Reid Ducharme leaving Xavier, where he couldn't get minutes on a thin roster. Did we offer?
Don't think we were ever really involved the first time around. Doubt there's much interest this time around either, if he wasn't good enough to play on a very injured Xavier team I don't see much of a role here

Reaction Score
No. Hard pass. Funny that I ran into his mother about 4-5 months ago and she said he was very happy at Xavier. She was coming out of the chiropractor that I go to and she had on a UConn hat. So I said, "Go Huskies." She asked if I went there and I said no but that I was from CT and a huge UConn fan. She says, "My daughter plays basketball there." I should have put 2 and 2 together but I kind of blanked and asked who her daughter is. After a little talk about the women's team I asked her about Reid and she said he was very happy at Xavier.But that that was before the season got going and he saw how little he played. I then wished her daughter good luck and said, "No injuries to the team this year." That didn't turn out so well either.

Reaction Score
Screenshot_20240327_173829_X.jpg

Reaction Score
I love watching Reyne Smith from CofC but I’d imagine he is following Kelsey. Lights out shooter and tough as hell.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Anyone remember who led cliff’s hs recruitment?

Reaction Score
This is an odd entry.

Patrick McCaffery, son of Iowa coach, enters transfer portal. Fran McCaffery just completed his 14th season as Iowa coach. He is the winningest coach in school history and has a 280-191 record.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom