The 'Shadow' Courant chat thread | The Boneyard

The 'Shadow' Courant chat thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Uh oh the 'PP needs his own players' mantra. . . .are we bringing in Tony Romo and Dez Bryant? Watching Dallas vs. Baltimore I had the funny (sickening) feeling GDL is modeling our offense after the Cowboys'.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Haha, somebody tried to spell "schemes"... as "skims".

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I asked a question, forgot the question mark and all I got for a response was "ouch." Ouch!

Reaction Score
I asked a few questions and they never got posted. This was after someone asked dez to post all comments and questions and he called the guy out for calling him out

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
He posted 3 out of my 4 comments/questions this morning. I've found a few trends on his chats over the last few years. There seems to be a 20 minute or so lag between submission and posting, so it seems that he goes more or less in order of receipt. That tells me there is a small fraction of the questions being asked here than there is on...say...an ESPN chat (potential "Duh" comment?). He seems to try to avoid answering the same question asked 5 different ways from prior in the chat. So, the earlier you submit, the better shot at getting it posted. He generally won't respond to questions asking for his opinion with his opinion. He will state that he doesn't know for sure or some other acknowledgement. He likes, like any journalist worth their salt, to support any conjecture with at least so fact. The last thing is that he seems to post questions and comments from people with whom he has had a history.

He did make it a point to ban someone for profanity. It was certainly the right thing to do. You can't swear on a public board like that. I don't know how effective the ban will be if no other info is required other than an easily changed username. Maybe he collects the IP address from where the comments come. I don't know, but if all comments are not posted, the high road may have been the best route. At the end of the day, It doesn't matter. These are his chats and he can do what he pleases. I will continue to try and get my questions answered, as he is closer to the team than I.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom