The Schill....... | The Boneyard

The Schill.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow, that's one big conspiracy they're alleging. The state is going to get clobbered.

Reaction Score
Wow, that's one big conspiracy they're alleging. The state is going to get clobbered.

The company released 1 game and it did very, very mediocre sales. It seems the whole company depended on their first game being a major hit or they were done. They declared bankruptcy about 1 month after the game released.

Reaction Score
I guess I don't understand why the state of Rhode Island is guaranteeing bonds for a video game company in the first place. I wonder how the tax payers feel about that.

Reaction Score
The company released 1 game and it did very, very mediocre sales. It seems the whole company depended on their first game being a major hit or they were done. They declared bankruptcy about 1 month after the game released.

And that has what to do with the state pursuing a bs fraud case that will only cost the taxpayers more money?

Reaction Score
BS Fraud case? He screwed the state of RI and you're okay with that? C'mon Ex that's ridiculous...........

Reaction Score
He's an balloon knot, but neither he nor any of the other 30 parties the state is wasting their time suing committed fraud.

"In addition to Schilling, who founded the company, and Stokes, the suit names Michael Saul, a former top official at the EDC; two law firms that worked with the agency; a financial adviser for the state; Wells Fargo Securities and Barclays Capital, investment banks hired by the EDC to assist in issuing bonds for the deal; and an insurance company for 38 Studios."

Come on. This is the state smashing eggs on its own face and trying to claim someone threw them. The complaint actually states that "the [Economic Development Commission] . . . were not experts in . . . economic development". I love that part.

Reaction Score
He's an *******, but neither he nor any of the other 30 parties the state is wasting their time suing committed fraud.

"In addition to Schilling, who founded the company, and Stokes, the suit names Michael Saul, a former top official at the EDC; two law firms that worked with the agency; a financial adviser for the state; Wells Fargo Securities and Barclays Capital, investment banks hired by the EDC to assist in issuing bonds for the deal; and an insurance company for 38 Studios."

Come on. This is the state smashing eggs on its own face and trying to claim someone threw them. The complaint actually states that "the [Economic Development Commission] . . . were not experts in . . . economic development". I love that part.
That sounds about right.

Reaction Score
Someone's still butthurt over 2001, 2004 and 2007 ;)

Only an idiot like yourself would think it's anything more than rooting against baseball's biggest fraud ever........but expected from you!!! Baseball games aside, he's an idiot and you should know that better than anyone!

Reaction Score
Only an idiot like yourself would think it's anything more than rooting against baseball's biggest fraud ever........but expected from you!!! Baseball games aside, he's an idiot and you should know that better than anyone!
I should know that better than anyone because of what?
He came to Boston and said he'd win a title and he won 2. He said he'd shut 55,000 people up and he did.
Is he a bigger fraud than a Yankee player who roids up?

This lawsuit will likely go nowhere as it appears to have little merit to it. Sorry about that. and about 2001, 2004 and 2007

Reaction Score
Wow you become more and more stupid.....do you think the red Sox are the only team the Yankees have ever played dopey? C'mon and 2007? I can't even remember 2007.......where's 2010, 2011 and 2012? Never mind you're way too easy....."a Yankee player who roids up?" Is the best you can come up knowing that at least half of your guys in each of the years you mention were doing the same? Are you really that naive on top of being as dumb as you are? LOL

And just to say it one more time....Schilling got the job done on the mound I give that to him no doubt.......I could careless about that....he's a total selfish piece of crap in which all of my local Sox fan friends totally agree (only you wouldn't) and really is one of the biggest 's in the history of sports..........anyone thinking otherwise is well, a Viking!!!;)

Reaction Score
Where did I say Sox players never used? For a Yankees fan like yourself who has seen plenty of frauds wear the pinstripes (or own the pinstripes), to call Schilling the biggest fraud in baseball history, well that's rich. That's my point.

I get that Yankees fans are understandably butthurt and obsessed over Schilling. We all know why. He had a big mouth and he backed it up every single time at the expense of Yankees Universe. Three times in 7 years he helped NY lose and/or the Sox win a World Series. And he had the audacity to tell 55K fans to stick it and then gets the leg surgery and wammo. A legendary story born. Baseball history made. A rivalry changed forever.

Remember that? I would hope you do because that's actually back in the day when NY fans actually cared enough about their team to go to ALCS games. Instead of today where 25K spoiled posers go to ALCS games and boo the hell out of their own players with Yankees players saying they were "spooked" by their own fans. Great fans. No wonder Schilling enjoyed toying with them like a cat bats at a wounded mouse knowing it's a matter of time before death reaches the doorstep..

Was he awful at running a business? Yes. Was he in way over his head? Yes. And maybe you could sell me on how big a fraud he was if he didn't have any skin in the game but he did. He lost almost all of his own personal wealth, probably 40-50 million.

The biggest fraud in baseball history? Holy Cow, get a clue, dingleberry.

Reaction Score
Oh and for such an , to use your words, the guy raised close to 10 million toward the ALS Association during and after his career.

But you're right, compared to all those wonderful players who donned the pinstripes, he's such a huge fraud and the biggest ever. What a bad, bad man.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Do you live in RI? Did you or a realitive work for 38 Studios? Do you know Curt Shilling other than what he did between the lines? I'm just curious of why the animosity?

As far as I'm concerned, He won two World Series for my baseball favorite MLB team and helped me come in the money once for my fantasy team. I liked watching him pitch.

Reaction Score
Do I have to live there or have a relative? He affected many lives and do you think he gives a rats a** because if you do your blinded by his pitching and know little about the "man" himself......and since he's retired that's what I'm talking about not his baseball days. ESPN should have been ashamed to have him behind a desk!!!!

Husky25

Reaction Score
Do I have to live there or have a relative? He affected many lives and do you think he gives a rats a** because if you do your blinded by his pitching and know little about the "man" himself......and since he's retired that's what I'm talking about not his baseball days. ESPN should have been ashamed to have him behind a desk!!!!

Yes, I think you do have to be affected in some way, because to have such vitriol for someone who gave so much to so many is sort of ill-placed. So 38 Studios swung and missed. At least he stepped up to the plate. He did actually provide jobs to people, keeping them off the unemployment line during the time that 38 Studios was in business. He's also raised (estimated) millions for ALS and skin cancer research.

I don't know the man personally and I've stopped caring much sports celebrities BECAUSE they don't care about me personally. I also don't allow the daily fate of my favorite teams to have a great affect my life either, as some fans do...I was just curious as to why you do care so much...

Reaction Score
Fraudconnfan doin his thing.
If you're gonna lie about the reason you despise Schilling, than just save it and move on to another topic. It's so obvious.

Reaction Score
Viking dude, I have no reason to lie. He doesn't play baseball anymore and quite honestly 2004 is so long ago to a 53 year old it would seem 85 years ago. The guys a , was a and will always be a . Not sure we've ever heard of another pro athlete who called in to radio talk shows to discuss himself...........and ketchup on the sock, last straw!! Who ever buys it from the guy to "raise money" better check the DNA, he's a fraud......and seemingly everyone thinks the same that is not a Sawks fan, and actually quite a few of them so also.....just seems like you and 25 still love the man!!

Husky25

Reaction Score
Viking dude, I have no reason to lie. He doesn't play baseball anymore and quite honestly 2004 is so long ago to a 53 year old it would seem 85 years ago. The guys a , was a and will always be a . Not sure we've ever heard of another pro athlete who called in to radio talk shows to discuss himself...........and ketchup on the sock, last straw!! Who ever buys it from the guy to "raise money" better check the DNA, he's a fraud......and seemingly everyone thinks the same that is not a Sawks fan, and actually quite a few of them so also.....just seems like you and 25 still love the man!!

So I suppose that, "I've stopped caring much sports celebrities BECAUSE they don't care about me personally. I also don't allow the daily fate of my favorite teams to have a great affect my life either, as some fans do..." = Love.

Whatever. I've asked a simple question multiple times, with no real answer. Since the above has given me a little more insight into your backward logic, I really don't expect one either. It's a shame really, because I found myself agreeing with you on some issues. That's okay. You keep on preocupying yourself with people and things you can't control and don't affect you to boot...I'll choose to move on and be happy...

Reaction Score
No one believes you. Just stop. Please. Move on to a new thread

Reaction Score
Viking and 25........please both choose to move on and be happy.......I am not preoccupying myself with anyone and this was a thread about how his business crumbled........if you think I think about him past this thread neither of you are very intelligent........I believe both of you have some sense so please understand this is a baseball board and he was a baseball player......the rest I guess means very little to any of us.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom