OT: - The Ringer: 2024 NBA Draft Guide | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: The Ringer: 2024 NBA Draft Guide

Reaction Score
Reed Sheppard at 1 is a choice.
Just FYI, I believe this mock draft is based on a particular potential draft order (notice Spurs pick first, even though that hasn't been determined yet). I think the idea is to generate lots of content by "shuffling" the draft order every so often and making new mock drafts accordingly. So it's not like Sheppard is this writer's consensus #1 pick overall.

Reaction Score
Castle @ #1 in the latest update. Clingan #6.

To be fair, this doesn’t include International or G League/Overtime Elite prospects, but amazing to see nonetheless. Not sure why they are labeling it a Mock Draft without all prospects though.

Reaction Score
To be fair, this doesn’t include International or G League/Overtime Elite prospects, but amazing to see nonetheless. Not sure why they are labeling it a Mock Draft without all prospects though.
Well now that I went back and read, it's a weekly theme and this is only college propects. So he's not really #1, but I guess he did pass Sheppard, unless last week was some other weird theme.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Castle @ #1 in the latest update. Clingan #6.

This perception of Castle as an average athlete makes no sense to me.

Reaction Score
I get the frustration with Newton not getting BPOY. I would have picked co-players, but at the end of the day when the draft comes around.....the top BE freshman, big man and POY will be drafted first.....good luck in the tournament, hoping for a UConn, Marquette, Creighton Final 4.......think its possible.

Reaction Score
I get the frustration with Newton not getting BPOY. I would have picked co-players, but at the end of the day when the draft comes around.....the top BE freshman, big man and POY will be drafted first.....good luck in the tournament, hoping for a UConn, Marquette, Creighton Final 4.......think its possible.
Good luck tonight, run through the NIT to show the committee how much they fudged up.

Reaction Score
Good luck tonight, run through the NIT to show the committee how much they fudged up.
Idk if this is a troll post , but I'll take it lol....good run for the young guys and more practice time if they advance.

Reaction Score
Idk if this is a troll post , but I'll take it lol....good run for the young guys and more practice time if they advance.
100% genuine, good Big East is good for everyone. I’m a younger fans so I wasn’t really around for too much of the Providence hatred, but there certainly isn’t a dearth of it around here!

Reaction Score
Tom Thibadeau would love Clingan. Could be a good fit. They aren’t paying both Hartenstein and Robinson.

He’ll probably go too high though

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Love seeing team first guys be rewarded like this. Hopefully both finish as top 10 picks.

Reaction Score
I doubt he will. He’s gonna be 23 by the draft and teams rarely take someone that old in the 1st round
There are more than a few teams zagging on this and taking older players on the theory they can contribute right away.

Reaction Score
Pop

Here’s a scouting report OKC has on Clingan. They don’t seem to think he’ll ever develop a 3 point shot.
He has the 3 point shot and even other midrange shots but they are just not part of Hurleys game plan. I bet he could shoot 30+% from 3 right now. I know one thing for sure, he can make better than 3-22. He was undervalued coming out of high school and probably will be again at next level till they see all of his skills.

Reaction Score
Pop

Here’s a scouting report OKC has on Clingan. They don’t seem to think he’ll ever develop a 3 point shot.
A prospect review that doesn't mention his skill level and IQ is one safety discarded.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Givony says "an NBA GM texted me asking Rudy Gobert or Donovan Clingan?" Gobert is a max salary player.

Reaction Score
Worth mentioning that OKC is famous for being super tight lipped as an organization and loves misdirection. Wouldn’t take any info from them about a prospect at face value.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom