The Real Story How Edsall Departed | The Boneyard

The Real Story How Edsall Departed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
About a month after Edsall vanished like Claude Rains, I spoke with Jeff Hathaway at a UConn basketball game and got the real truth. After RE addressed the team and coaxed Todman to make his announcement about going pro, he & Hathaway shook hands. Hathaway proceeded to walk thru the tunnel to the team bus. It was less than a 5 minute walk and when the AD got to the bus, he saw a missed call and a text message from RE. It said he was going to interview for the MD job. Obviously, he did not have the guts to tell the team or Hathaway in person, but had no problen having Todman make his announcement.

Reaction Score
Yeah. The story is consistent with the one Hathaway has stated publicly. Hardly breaking news here.

Reaction Score
Hey BL, if I commented about much of the information you provide in your posts or your opinions, it would practically be a full time job editing the mistakes or incorrect assumptions. Don't worry, you are still the smartest guy in the room and on the BY.

Reaction Score
Hey BL, if I commented about much of the information you provide in your posts or your opinions, it would practically be a full time job editing the mistakes or incorrect assumptions. Don't worry, you are still the smartest guy in the room and on the BY.

Watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme_thumb.png

Reaction Score
I wish I could be part of the UConn fan internet message board in-crowd so I could unnecessarily and arrogantly mock a poster for sharing a piece of news he thought was interesting and beneficial to the typical UConn fan.

I read this board daily to get info on the team/new recruits and rarely if ever post, but some posters paint a picture of themselves as 50 year old, overweight, starter jacket-wearing know-it-all's playing World-of-Warcraft on their extended desktop. It is highly amusing.

Carry on.

Reaction Score
I wish I could be part of the UConn fan internet message board in-crowd so I could unnecessarily and arrogantly mock a poster for sharing a piece of news he thought was interesting and beneficial to the typical UConn fan.

I read this board daily to get info on the team/new recruits and rarely if ever post, but some posters paint a picture of themselves as 50 year old, overweight, starter jacket-wearing know-it-all's playing World-of-Warcraft on their extended desktop. It is highly amusing.

Carry on.

I threw out my Starter jacket 2 years ago. They are so 2010........

Reaction Score
I threw out my Starter jacket 2 years ago. They are so 2010........

I asssume he meant me, not you.

Fifty years old and overweight are no brainers. But never owned a starter jacket and have no idea what the game he's referring to is.

Reaction Score

Carry on.

Who paints that picture? We're all well over 6 feet tall, and in the 250lb range.

Reaction Score
Starter is actually so 90s. Unless you love Walmart.

Reaction Score

Carry on.
If we were playing WoW, we wouldn't have time for this message board. But in all seriousness, most posters are cool people. They are hardcore fans and very in tune with the program. Hang with us.

Reaction Score
Starter Jacket...not that big of an insult. Should have gone with Members Only....that would have started a fight!

Reaction Score
BLs point is taken. There was NO news provided. Except if you want to count the length of walk down that tunnel: that's interesting.

My view has been that we should have been tar & feathering Jeff Hathaway. He presided over a great run of NC at the Basketball facility & the rise of Football & good performances from a bunch of Olympics sports ... and there's really no vision in his tenure; he was like the Desk clerk/Night Auditor from 11 to 7am at the Quality Inn. We clearly did not advance in fundraising; gameday atmosphere; marketing; connections to our major sponsors. He was a dud. So I am more critical of anyone around here playing off that he is Jeff's buddy.

Reaction Score
At least for this week, Edsall is the villain.........and the way he left did suck!

He needs to pay for taking his "dream job".

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
BLs point is taken. There was NO news provided. Except if you want to count the length of walk down that tunnel: that's interesting.

Yeah, but BL commented on it because it made his bff look bad. If the commentator said that a media person told him Edsall was amazing, would BL make the same comment?

Reaction Score
Oh stop it! This is starting to sound like a Junior Highschool dance.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Some of that is true,writes 1 helluva a Sunday post game review!

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
good week to remind us what a weasel RE was when departing

now, if we block somebody on Saturday, who knows.

this much is certain, we won't have to worry about the other side making game time adjustments

Reaction Score
About a month after Edsall vanished like Claude Rains, I spoke with Jeff Hathaway at a UConn basketball game and got the real truth. After RE addressed the team and coaxed Todman to make his announcement about going pro, he & Hathaway shook hands. Hathaway proceeded to walk thru the tunnel to the team bus. It was less than a 5 minute walk and when the AD got to the bus, he saw a missed call and a text message from RE. It said he was going to interview for the MD job. Obviously, he did not have the guts to tell the team or Hathaway in person, but had no problen having Todman make his announcement.

"It said he was going to interview"...which means he couldn't have said anything to the team because he didn't officially have the job, if those are indeed the facts. Not sure why this is so hard for people to understand.

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
"It said he was going to interview"...which means he couldn't have said anything to the team because he didn't officially have the job, if those are indeed the facts. Not sure why this is so hard for people to understand.

RE could have left the team in early December like Kelly did at Cincy & UConn could have gone to a BCS game rudderless team.

Or he could have had his agent leak that he was interviewing for other jobs & we could have spent the month of December cussing him out or begging him to stay, instead of enjoying the run up to a historic BCS game.

I assume he had a job offer before the game and wanted to see things though for the team ( & selfishly for himself). And I don't blame him, because if I built a program up from trailers to a BCS game in 10-12 years, damn right I'm coaching.

I was disappointed he left for Maryland – would have been OK if it was Penn State, Michigan or Notre Dame .

Should he have told the players himself in person? Unless he had a signed contract before the game, I do not see how he could have. Everyone got to enjoy the full year. If he did not want to be in Storrs any longer – fine - thanks for the effort.

Randy did a good job here. Worked hard & did things the right way. I liked the way those Huskies competed. Though I would have loved 5-Star recruits and a flashier O, but that did not happen.

UConn football has moved on without Randy & I hope we crush the Terps. If your dream job is Maryland – fine have a nice dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom