The Power of Geno and UCONN at ESPN | The Boneyard

The Power of Geno and UCONN at ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
IMO, I think Geno made a few calls to the ESPN suits and said that he wanted to get Jamelle and her Cincy team some National TV exposure that will only help her in future recruiting. Geno always takes cares of his players and former coaches. Geno has helped Jamelle for a long time and now, she gets to be on the National TV stage with the best in the country...........Thanks Geno!!

Reaction Score
I think you might be wrong and Cincy will give a good effort........Do I think it will be close?.NO...........Jamelle has them playing at a much high level.......You might be surprised.

Reaction Score
It must be an awfully slow day at ESPN to get the big channel for what is likely to be a 20-30 point rout. at best. The OP's post is certainly an original and imaginative theory, but Cincy had better show up for this game, because otherwise it won't look good to all those potential recruits out there.

T

TroyHouse66

Hey, Cincy is doing OK on it's own with athletics
Their on the national TV, right now.. Playing some kind of game with a double-pointed basketball and stripy field.

Jim

Reaction Score
Geno would never make one of his former assistants look bad. Expect TLaw in the game with 10 minutes left in the 2nd half.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I'm sure that Geno does everything he can for all his players. This might be one of his do goods that you are referring to. Lets face it Geno and UConn are the face of WCBB right now. They make money and the media knows that. Geno does his best not to embarrass opponents but UConn is so good this season that its tuff to avoid . Think about this. UConn is beating ranked teams by 19 and Geno is calling off the press and pulling Breanna and KML out when he can but he does have to put them back in to give the others a breather. This UConn team is better then the numbers indicate. All these comparisons with ND Duke MD and Tenn. Understand UConn can beat them by as many as they want but Geno try's not to do that. So when somebody writes a post or newspaper article about who can compete with UConn and I say nobody can think about this post. Can UConn lose. Well for argument purposes yeah. But I will bet you nobody will beat them. Like I've said only UConn can beat UConn this season and while we're at it next season UConn will be even more dominate.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I was really surprised to see this game, which will surely be a 40 point blowout, on ESPN. Maybe they figured that since the NFL will dominate the TV today, why not?

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I was really surprised to see this game, which will surely be a 40 point blowout, on ESPN. Maybe they figured that since the NFL will dominate the TV today, why not?

The Baylor UConn game is on ESPN2. Oh.....you were talking about Cincinnati. Sorry about that.

All the 40 point wins look alike to me.

Reaction Score
Its always good to see UCONN play on National TV.......How would you like to be ND, Duke, Tenn, Stanford, GA, UNC, Baylor, Texas, OK, UCLA, USC and cannot get on National TV unless you are playing UCONN or you get a Big Monday game........They are all jealous..........ESPN has done a poor job of promoting WCBB the past 2 years and they need a new injection of blood and ideas to grow the game outside of UCONN, ND and Stanford.........

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
There wont be any competitive games for UConn this season and most likely next season. They can beat every team they play by 25pts or more. When KML and Tuck went down and with a short roster they beat Stanford MD Ohio St and Penn St all in a row then Duke with KML back for her first game and Cal. If your gonna televise UConn you have to expect a blowout this season and most likely next season too. While Geno continues to improve his teams and they get better opposing teams seem to be stagnant. Why are they stagnant? IMO because the coaches don't have goals. You cant wish your way to the top you have to work to get to the top. You may want your team to win their conference and get to the NCAAs or FF but it takes a lot of work and drills. Most coaches IMO wont make the commitment and pay that price. They make excuses. JMO As far as UConn goes whether they play Cinny Tulsa Stanford Baylor Duke ND etc it will be a blowout. Maybe 25 maybe 40 maybe 60. UConn is the face and standard of WCBB and if your going to promote the sport you need to promote it with the best teams. Maybe when opponents get tired of getting clobbered year after year maybe opponents will step it up. Until then UConn will continue to roll, continue to get better and continue to set the bar at a new level.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Is this OUR first conference game? Or THE first conference game? If the latter, it has more import.

Reaction Score
Geno is doing his best to promote the women's game. Their will be those who are in praise of him for it, while some others may be envious because of the publicity that he receives. He has given much not only to college but also Olympic women's basketball.

Reaction Score
All the TVs in the house will have football and ESPN locks out online viewing UConn wbb on Xfinity. I hope today we at least have a game thread here!

Reaction Score
Geno is doing his best to promote the women's game. Their will be those who are in praise of him for it, while some others may be envious because of the publicity that he receives. He has given much not only to college but also Olympic women's basketball.
Geno also has a huge personality. Certainly one that's entertaining that you want to watch or see what he's going say. Seems like many of the women's basketball coaches are cliche machines with the personality of a robot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom