The Post Game Burning Issues | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Post Game Burning Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
One more thought, I was extremely proud the way we took time to practice our layups even during the game. I remember at least three times where we practiced missing a layup and then getting the rebound, again practice missing a layup and then getting the rebound, and then finally putting the ball in the basket so as to be able to get back and work on defense. Amazing, practice hard even during a game. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
FIrst game of the season, game on the road I expect to be a little rusty and face a tight zone defense. Yeah we will win and win big but we will have a good fight on our hands. JMO. BTW yes we will blow out just about every team, go undefeated and win another NC. Ive said before. So long as were healthy Breanna will not lose a NC while at UConn.
I'm sure you're right about the first game rust. But I suspect UC Davis may have a little rust too. ?? Anyway it will be great just to get the season started!

Reaction Score
I am really excited about our depth, or possible depth on the bench. Our 2nd unit, once it is all figured out, could be a really huge benefit. If Kia comes off the bench, with her energy and confidence, we are going to be a force. We would have Morgan Tuck, Courtney, and Kia or some other combination out on the floor.

Reaction Score
I am really excited about our depth, or possible depth on the bench. Our 2nd unit, once it is all figured out, could be a really huge benefit. If Kia comes off the bench, with her energy and confidence, we are going to be a force. We would have Morgan Tuck, Courtney, and Kia or some other combination out on the floor.

And possibly Gabby, who might run funny because she has two right feet.:)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
First off, let me say of course I expect this team to be better by March/April than in November. Having said that, I expect very little rust on this team to start the season. I do expect them to be clumsy at times but that's not the same as rusty. Moriah, Stewie and KML are all upperclassmen and have started many games for UCONN. Kiah certainly has played many games and logged a LOT of minutes last season, with the starters. Saniya practiced and played with the team all last season. Morgan has been on the team for 2 full years now, even if she missed one due to injuries.

It would be surprising to me to see UCONN score over 100 and have offense that is running like a well oiled machine. but if UC Davis comes within 40 of UCONN, either Geno played the walk ons along with Courtney and Sadie for about 30 minutes, or something went very very wrong...

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Just got back from the game, some thoughts:

When Kia is substituted in, the energy level of play seems to go up. Saniya does nothing wrong, but is not as big, strong or as experienced as Kia. Saniya "loads" up her three attempt at just above the shoulder, taking additional split seconds to release. She is not a catch and shoot like Kaleena. Kia uses her left arm to clear her opponent off her - it was not called today, but will once the refs get use to seeing her.

they definitely will take notice now

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
IMHO, with all that said about Nurse, it would make sense to me to have her lead the second wave. That way Chong can lean on the other 4, while Nurse can lead hers.
And whether leaning on the other four or simply realizing she had a different role given who she was on the court with there is no way to make a solid assessment of the situation based on two vastly overmatched opponents in exhibition games.

Reaction Score
they definitely will take notice now

There are hundreds of boards around the country supporting their teams and analysing their teams' play and players.
I didn't know they were are on the referees required reading list. Total non factor.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I was at the game and for those of us who were at the game Post was short and took a lot of deep shots. UConn missed a lot of bunnies some 2 and 3 times before putting it back in. They were a little out of sync at times and looked sloppy and clumsy. We may see this for a while until they get insync. Our guards look very solid and having Morgan and Kia come off the bench well it doesn't get any better then that. They will give the team a boost

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
There are hundreds of boards around the country supporting their teams and analysing their teams' play and players.
I didn't know they were are on the referees required reading list. Total non factor.
Say it enough they'll start to believe it... Dolson picks, Hartley or Jefferson palming etc.
Announcers read these boards and spread stuff throughout their broadcast. I know ill be looking for the pushoff

Reaction Score
Say it enough they'll start to believe it... Dolson picks, Hartley or Jefferson palming etc.
Announcers read these boards and spread stuff throughout their broadcast. I know ill be looking for the pushoff

How did "Dolson picks, Hartley or Jefferson palming etc." work out ?

Reaction Score
Look again it was much more than half the minutes.

Jefferson 21 minutes
Chong 20 minutes
Nurse 18 minutes (90% of Chong's minutes)
hat
Nurse had the edge in points 8/5, tied in rebounds 4/4, edge in steals, trailed in 3s at 0 for 1 to 1 for 3, slight edge of 6 /5 in assists, trailed in TOs 3 to none. I call it a wash.

What can we use these stats for? Are you saying that she underperformed against a div 111 school? I'm sure coach cares very little about these stats and more about execution and flow.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Br'er Bear posted the stats in contradiction the the statement above that Kia played ony about half the minutes that Saniya did but had better stats. There seems to be a small but dedicated cadre who are convinced that it is absolutely imperative that Kia either start or at least get the lion's share of minutes at the two-spot. It doesn't happen that often, but from time to time a Boneyarder or two will develop a fixation either for or against a certain player, and make post after post attempting to convince the rest of us that their point of view is not only correct but important (or maybe crucial). The positive obsessions are merely annoying; the negative obsessions (bballxxxxx, e.g., or Stopnpop) were tolerated in the past to an extent, but I do not believe would be now.

Kia is an excellent player; Saniya is an excellent player. I think we can probably relax and rely on Geno to use their talents in the most effective way for the team and the kids.

Reaction Score
First off, let me say of course I expect this team to be better by March/April than in November. Having said that, I expect very little rust on this team to start the season. I do expect them to be clumsy at times but that's not the same as rusty. Moriah, Stewie and KML are all upperclassmen and have started many games for UCONN. Kiah certainly has played many games and logged a LOT of minutes last season, with the starters. Saniya practiced and played with the team all last season. Morgan has been on the team for 2 full years now, even if she missed one due to injuries.

It would be surprising to me to see UCONN score over 100 and have offense that is running like a well oiled machine. but if UC Davis comes within 40 of UCONN, either Geno played the walk ons along with Courtney and Sadie for about 30 minutes, or something went very very wrong...

Eric, nice post and good points except I think Geno would have said "something went really really wrong".

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
Br'er Bear posted the stats in contradiction the the statement above that Kia played ony about half the minutes that Saniya did but had better stats. There seems to be a small but dedicated cadre who are convinced that it is absolutely imperative that Kia either start or at least get the lion's share of minutes at the two-spot. It doesn't happen that often, but from time to time a Boneyarder or two will develop a fixation either for or against a certain player, and make post after post attempting to convince the rest of us that their point of view is not only correct but important (or maybe crucial). The positive obsessions are merely annoying; the negative obsessions (bballxxxxx, e.g., or Stopnpop) were tolerated in the past to an extent, but I do not believe would be now.

Kia is an excellent player; Saniya is an excellent player. I think we can probably relax and rely on Geno to use their talents in the most effective way for the team and the kids.

I was actually thinking the same thing - Geno will probably confer with his coaching team, read the Boneyard
upload_2014-11-10_12-21-1.jpeg
, and then settle on the most effective starters and rotation of his players

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I was actually thinking the same thing - Geno will probably confer with his coaching team, read the Boneyard View attachment 7473 , and then settle on the most effective starters and rotation of his players
Hey where did you get the "Warning Sarcasm" emoticon? we only have access to a few if you clicck on the smiley face in our options menu. Or at least I only have access to a few...

Reaction Score
They were called... duh

??? Are you trying to tell me that Jefferson was called for palming because of what was said in a post on the Boneyard ? If indeed it was said, can you provide the post and just how many times was she called for palming ?
Just think of the implications. I could post about what UConn's opponent might do in an upcoming game and voila, like magic, the refs will call them on it. But couldn't the opposing teams fans do the same to UConn ? If I posted that Jefferson never palms the ball, would that mean that they would never call her for it ? How exactly does that work ? Do the refs only take it into account when you turn your own players in ? Too funny.

Reaction Score
Didn't you know that it was 100% due to referee halftime Boneyard prep that they stopped calling fouls on ND's flops??

See, I learn something new everyday. But why wait until halftime when a simple post here would have done the trick ? Such power we wield.
Maybe I should try to get the Knicks some breaks the same way ? On second thought, it wouldn't make a difference.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
??? Are you trying to tell me that Jefferson was called for palming because of what was said in a post on the Boneyard ? If indeed it was said, can you provide the post and just how many times was she called for palming ?
Just think of the implications. I could post about what UConn's opponent might do in an upcoming game and voila, like magic, the refs will call them on it. But couldn't the opposing teams fans do the same to UConn ? If I posted that Jefferson never palms the ball, would that mean that they would never call her for it ? How exactly does that work ? Do the refs only take it into account when you turn your own players in ? Too funny.
So the boneyard doesn't hold any weight... cool! I just hope you're not being that simple. Things travel, big or small... just as we talk about attitudes, head cases, confidence etc. I'm sure you're a smart guy but just feel like being a comedian today. But I surrender... you win!

Reaction Score
I was actually thinking the same thing - Geno will probably confer with his coaching team, read the Boneyard View attachment 7473 , and then settle on the most effective starters and rotation of his players
You're assuming the coaches arebt already on the Yard. I think HuskyNan is CD, Chapette is Shea,and Biff is Marisa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom