The player that everyone has their eyes on to replace Martin is Jeremy Lamb. | The Boneyard

The player that everyone has their eyes on to replace Martin is Jeremy Lamb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
never would have thought that defense would be the main thing holding back Lamb from making an impact on an NBA roster after watching him in the National Title game from 2011.

He needs to use his length better on D

Reaction Score
never would have thought that defense would be the main thing holding back Lamb from making an impact on an NBA roster after watching him in the National Title game from 2011.

He needs to use his length better on D

I would after watching him during the 11-12 season, that year he guarded no one. I remember in the Pitt game to finish the season AO even yelling at him after he let JJ Moore just blow by him with no resistance.

Reaction Score
I think it has more to do with his physical ability than arm length. He's got to become more physical on D to hold these guys back. Decision making too, both on offense and D needs improvement. He's been given a chance, though, and that is all he can ask for.

pj

Reaction Score
Yes, his long arms and quick reactions are an asset but physical weakness and lack of defensive intensity are killers. He's better at off the ball than on the ball defense.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
It has seemed to me that Jeremy has good quickness moving forward, but lacks lateral quickness that you have to have to play great man-to-man defense. When Jeremy had the ball at UConn, he needed to build up a head of steam moving forward to be able to find his way through defenders. Not sure if that has changed at all as I have rarely seen him play post-UConn, but I could see him having difficulty moving side-to-side well enough to stay with many of the incredible athletes playing the 2 in the NBA.

Reaction Score
It has seemed to me that Jeremy has good quickness moving forward, but lacks lateral quickness that you have to have to play great man-to-man defense.
He does lack lateral quickness for sure, but he also doesn't try on D. That appears to be the bigger problem.

Reaction Score
He seems a player that needs some time. After all he would be a senior in college right now. With that said OKC should continue to slowly bring him in, as his potential is through the roof. He belongs that's for sure.

Reaction Score
"He's been given a chance, though, and that is all he can ask for." You hit the nail right on the head. While he had some moments his last year with us, I honestly was surprised by what he did because I never saw his work rate(game in game out) ,especially on defense, as anything indicative of the kind of passion we've seen over the years from players in the program who succeeded( or who even got a shot to succeed) at the next level. Just use Kemba as a yardstick for example.

Jeremy getting picked at #12 was astounding. I thought he had a shot at the first round but............ Now let me say I really like Jeremy; and I'm thrilled he is with one of my favorite teams; and three(Durant,Westbrook,Ibaka) of my favorite players. I could watch Durant & Westbrook 24/7 and never get bored. Jeremy played for JC; and he got the chance to play big minutes and make big plays in very big games. With that kind of foundation, I absolutely believe he will make the rotation and be another Husky bringin' game in the League. :)

GO HUSKIES!!!
husky-animation_teaser.gif

Reaction Score
It wasn't that astounding, based on potential. His wingspan is absurd for a two-guard, and he has all the elements (deep range, spot up ability, floater, length to finish at rim) to be a versatile scorer, though more likely as a complementary piece than a go-to guy. In addition to some UConn highlights, he also dropped 35 on Lithuania in the U19 Championships, which turned a lot of heads.

I thought he might go 7-10 based on potential, but also wasn't surprised he slipped (past 15 would have surprised me). He certainly does have some holes in his game too (skinny, lack of lateral quickness/explosive first step, a bit of a loose handle). OKC was a bad place to be for year one, and now a great place to be for year two (for now at least - that could depend on personnel moves between now and the start of the season).

Reaction Score
It wasn't that astounding, based on potential. His wingspan is absurd for a two-guard, and he has all the elements (deep range, spot up ability, floater, length to finish at rim) to be a versatile scorer, though more likely as a complementary piece than a go-to guy. In addition to some UConn highlights, he also dropped 35 on Lithuania in the U19 Championships, which turned a lot of heads.

I thought he might go 7-10 based on potential, but also wasn't surprised he slipped (past 15 would have surprised me). He certainly does have some holes in his game too (skinny, lack of lateral quickness/explosive first step, a bit of a loose handle). OKC was a bad place to be for year one, and now a great place to be for year two (for now at least - that could depend on personnel moves between now and the start of the season).

I can buy your evaluation. He is certainly not a finished product; and, having played for JC while at the same time having up front and personal opportunities to get a grip on what it took for those ex-Huskies who've succeeded to do just that. For example Ray's work ethic and commitment to routine hasn't changed(except to get even more intense) since he came to the League. What is it? On the floor working up a sweat at least 2-3 hours before every game; and he is a guaranteed HOF player. For anybody wondering about the Thunder's commitment to Jeremy, not matching Kevin Martin's offer from the T-Wolves was at least a partial indicator that they want him to step up and grab hold of those minutes.

GO HUSKIES!!!
husky-animation_teaser.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member