The Official Huskies Ground The Flyers Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

The Official Huskies Ground The Flyers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Soooooo glad the BoatShow took it strong to the basket and scored... we didn't settle for the perimeter shot...

Reaction Score
More great D - shot clock violation, Boat great drive, more great D, good team effort at end of game.

Reaction Score
If Purvis took a page out of the Boatshow's arsenal (dribble drive way more than take perimeter shots) we'd be even more of a problem for folks

Reaction Score
What did I tell u... Purvis spin move dribble drive and score...

Reaction Score
Really nice job closing this game out. Money down the stretch at both ends. Although you have to wonder what Purvis was doing pushing the ball with 1:03 left, leading to the equally boneheaded Hamilton foul. Ollie looked like he wanted to hurl.

Reaction Score
This will be a quality win - great effort on D and on the boards, good ball movement, many contributed, but need to get to better on FT.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
No D, Heartless and Gutless
I wish there was a dislike.

Sorry you don't get the mojo greatness of the William Shea quote there, fanner.
Down 5 when I posted that, and now what? A Victory for the good guys. There is still mojo to be wrung out of that obviously. Can you loathe me and thank me at the same time? I will accept that and take one for the team.

Reaction Score
great finish , only thing i didnt like was seeing Purvis shoot free throws , they looked really bad.

Reaction Score
the little bit of doubt I still had about Boat not quite being filling Shabazz's shoes is gone. he's the next great UConn PG. tough, skilled, smart. A leader who hates losing.

Reaction Score
This is the kind of win that gets the pups stronger!!!! Can you imagine when Omar comes in pistons firing!!!!!!

JWILLDADDY101

Sailor2013
Reaction Score
Good effort. Chemistry finding itself. Boat is a stud! Once we figure out minutes we will be okay.
No worries. I see a long run in the tourney.

Reaction Score
They only had 24 points in the second half. A lot of the first half problems came after Briunah and Nolan were both sitting with two. It doesn't excuse things like losing your man on back cuts or not hustling back on defense - we'll need to be better at holding down the fort in non-Brimah minutes with a little better team defense.

Part of it too, though, is that these early season 3 in 3 days tourneys don't give you much time for film/scouting report/game planning. Assistant coaches will be assigned teams, so whoever the Dayton scouter was would have had the game plan ready. But with less than 24 hours, you can't really get everything into your player's minds that you need to. Dayton ran some good stuff on offense - and they had good passers at multiple positions, which made them hard to scout since they can attack from different places.

Partially due to halftime adjustments, and partially due to Brimah, the second half was much better and we asserted ourselves when we needed to - great job attacking the rim late after maybe a bad possession or two with contested threes.

A good early season learning curve game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom