The Official Huskies Ground The Flyers Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

The Official Huskies Ground The Flyers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ok two things i notice in the first half is our defense has been awful. They are getting to the rim as much as they want and even if they are getting soft calls it looks like we are putting no effort in on defense. Second, Samuel has been very, very underwhelming. He should not shoot outside of the lane, and he isn't playing defense up to his standards either. No one has been able to create a shot, especially in the last 10 minutes.

Reaction Score
I really don't get how people think that last drive by Boat was a block other than bias. That was a textbook charge, and everyone needs to stop thinking that every time the whistle is blown the foul is on Dayton; stop pouting like Boeheim.

Reaction Score
I watched the Samuel out of bounds call about 5 times and still couldn't see where the (late) call came from.

And is it possible any of there guys can get called for a defensive foul?

This is just absurd.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Looks like all but one Dayton hoop is in the paint.

Reaction Score
I really don't get how people think that last drive by Boat was a block other than bias. That was a textbook charge, and everyone needs to stop thinking that every time the whistle is blown the foul is on Dayton; stop pouting like Boeheim.

When the situations are similar at both ends and the fouls keep going one way I'm not sure what to tell you.

Reaction Score
I've noticed Cassell and Hamilton make a lot of freshman mistakes with their shot selection so far this season. Ironic eh? Considering they're freshmen huh. I expect those to cut down by the end of the season. But for now, focus on getting out of this with a victory. Win and move on! I like for our defense to step up and hit another 4-5 threes in the second half.

Reaction Score
I thought Ollie might play a little zone to protect the basket and keep his guys out of foul trouble. He's not as allergic to t as JC was. But guess not.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure we can cancel the Brimah to the NBA plans. He will be compared to thabeet and right now he is not the defender and definitely not the rebounder HT was.

UConn has gotten nothing from the bench this game so far. Yeesh

Reaction Score
What's he supposed to do? If they even move towards the ballhandler, it's a foul.

Exactly! He has no fouls because he doesn't even move towards them to attempt to defend. Simply lets them walk in. At least if he was fouling it would show that he was attempting to play defense. Re-watch some plays. He provides zero helpside d of any kind. Whether its a pass or a drive. Nothing.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
How are you using the internet to check a message board but unable to check the score?
Dude...sometimes the YArd is all the source people want. I have lived it. A score update should be expected now and then.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Is Cassell this slow? Or just reluctant. He needs to look for his shot.
Brimah got fouled on every offensive move. Even after he was bumped out of position, there was still contact and it went uncalled.
TSam is getting worse, totally spastic. Does Ollie have legit backup point this season?

Reaction Score
The abundance of foul calls under the rim (some legitimate, some not) has got our guys playing extremely reserved, which is manufacturing a ton of easy looks for the other team. Purvis and Nolan each picked up 2 quickies, rendering them near useless on the defensive side of the ball. Look forward to the lap bar coming off in 2nd half, far more aggressive than the first half.

Reaction Score
Exactly! He has no fouls because he doesn't even move towards them to attempt to defend. Simply lets them walk in. At least if he was fouling it would show that he was attempting to play defense. Re-watch some plays. He provides zero helpside d of any kind. Whether its a pass or a drive. Nothing.

He has two soft fouls already. What are you talking about?

Reaction Score
The abundance of foul calls under the rim (some legitimate, some not) has got our guys playing extremely reserved, which is manufacturing a ton of easy looks for the other team. Purvis and Nolan each picked up 2 quickies, rendering them near useless on the defensive side of the ball. Look forward to the lap bar coming off in 2nd half, far more aggressive than the first half.

For about 15 seconds until they get everyone to 3 fouls.

Reaction Score
Hamilton looks great on offense, but his defense is horrible. He got caught on back cuts on 3 out of 4 possessions late in the half there. KO needs to switch him off of Pollard in 2nd half.

Reaction Score
so here are the stats after looking at the shot chart. They are 14-26 overall and 1-6 from 3. They have made a total of ONE shot outside the paint that is not a 3. I repeat ONE. They have only attempted 2 shots outside that pain that are not 3's. So overall they are 1 for 8 outside the paint and 13 for 18 inside the paint!

Its clear as day....pack the paint. Don't extend so far on defense. Back off the ball pressure and make them shoot outside the paint.

This all stems from our defensive philosophy IMO. With Brimah in there we have a rim protector and can play aggressive in your face defense. Even Nolan provides good help defense that allows us to play that style. With neither of them in the game we HAVE to adjust our defensive scheme and play more honest.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score

The defender was still in the 'no charge zone" when boat went up. He slid forward while boat was in the air.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
BS calls on Nolan are a big reason why he's not making the big plays on defense. If he does anything other than stay 5 feet away from the action with his hands in the air, he's hit with a foul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom